• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs are by far the coolest type.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I've been avoiding typing my most excellent young daughter for a while now, because she's still so young. However, considering that she's already used my essential oils to make her own magic potion perfume, picked every lock in the house multiple times, appropriates my stuff for hairbrained (OK, brilliant) inventions on a regular basis and has an ego the size of Montana (yesterday, she stubbornly and fearfully scaled a 30ft jungle gym in a witch hat and red cowgirl boots, and then stood at the tip-top yelling at the 40+ people on the playground, "Everyone, LOOK AT ME!! I am the AWESOME explorer of WONDER!!! I am a better climber than ANNNNY of YOUUUUU! Muah-HA-HA!!"...kept that up for 10 min and then started crying for me to come get her down)

I think I'm ready to say she squarely fits the ENTP bill.

I need help keeping her BUSY. Today, she's performed Defying Gravity in an endless loop with a witch outfit and green face paint, made cookies, sketched elaborate plans for a fortified city, decided she's going to conquer Tibet, tattooed her sisters with markers, read 5 books, sped the toddler through the house in a baby stroller a la drag racing, written her friends illustrated letters and is plotting away for what she thinks we should all do for the afternoon. My brain...reels. I'm energetic, but wow, it's just a whole new degree of busy. She HATES doing the same thing twice.

My brain is seriously tapped out of things to keep her occupied. :shock: :blush: You people are brilliant. What did you like to do when you were small?

rav3n

Also not an ENTP but admire and laugh at her spirit! The other cute part of this is your story, juxtaposed against the expression on your avatar's face. :laugh:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
She sounds like she has a lot more energy than I did. Or maybe she just has more ego. I said plenty of weird things, but I didn't do as much stuff.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
She *is* a lot of fun. :smile: It's always fun to hear other people say so, though. I tend to sleep really soundly these days, lol.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:wub: at the ENTP wub :D

I don't remember being too energetic, my mother remembers differently though!

I loved climbing trees, reading books, playing strategy games (and kicking everyone else's asses, of course), playing teams sports, encouraging those around me to do scary and dangerous (in our minds) things, defying gravity as much as I could, inventing things in my head, and playing with animals.

If you have the space: Get her an energetic dog!

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Now, I'm not an ENTP, but my best friend is. And let me tell you, he was unbelievable when he was little. Always running off creating things, highly energetic; he'd do like 500 different things in the morning and then a thousand more in the afternoon. Pretty much the same as your daughter - insane, harebrained schemes the adults had trouble understanding. But he was so loveable they couldn't really deny him anything. Today, 20 years later, he delights in being creative and allowed free reign. However, that may not be the best thing for a child.

I shouldn't type children, really, I can barely type adults as it is - but I'm pretty sure my youngest cousin is an ENTP. She's nine and she's busier than most (adult) people I know - she trains gymnastics, plays the violin, sings in a choir, attends a drawing club, dances ballet and modern dance, dashes around with her faithful companion Eis (the family dog), gets all the children in the neighbourhood in trouble and occasionally, when she runs out of things to do and her mother has confined her to the house, she'll help make cookies.

So, if you can, find out what she's interested in. Start her up with clubs and schools. I don't know how old your daughter is, but my aunt has been trying to keep my cousin occupied since she was 4 (and it's getting exceedingly more difficult with time - but at least now she's somewhat aware of her own boundaries). Getting her a dog is a great suggestion - not only will she have fun with it, but she'll also learn to take care of something else other than herself.

I hope this made sense. I've just woken up and I tend to ramble a bit before I've had the chance to have a cup of coffee.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I agree with the poster above me. I had the uttmost freedom as a child to do what I wanted and thanks to my parents for that. Both my parents have no high school education and because I early in life went on the way to a higher one, they more and more left me alone, because they thought they couldnt help me. I was as a child a very charismatic salesperson and could get away with anything by convincing my parents from the benefits. Therefore I early in life got into the position of being the decider to my own faith, what was not always helpful to me.

That's nice to hear at first but today I'ld complain about not attending some clubs for kids or projects earlier. Shouldnt sound like I have fucked up today and now am saying it's my parents fault they didnt put me into the rocket science club no; I was very stubborn as a child ( am still as an adult ) and always rejected participation in those clubs because I thought they are for nerds only.

Nowadays I have to say participation would have been good, cause it opens you doors, lets you get to know people who can help you plan your academic and business life. Or just help you to get in touch with connections, cant have enough Vitamin B ( "Beziehung" is the german word for connection / relation and since it starts with a B, you call it Vitamin B :) ).

Other than that enjoy your entp. Guide him but never take away his freedom.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Does she do sports or plays a musical instrument? I'm not sure about ENTP girls, but for ENTP guys it's like if you give them something that they can get better in over time you'll keep them busy for at least a while. If it has any kind of ranking system, that's even better.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Also, give her small chores. When I was a kid my dad gave me and my brother the responsibility to take care of the family computer. If he wanted something it related done, he'd ask us to do it. Not because he couldn't do it himself, but because he realized computer knowledge is a useful skill and that we should learn it. When I became 12 I also had to fix my own bike manage my own finances/bankacount.

S

sammy

Your daughter sounds awesome. :laugh: I really wish I knew her when I was 5 years old! I always wanted a play-mate with that level of intensity and energy while growing up -- people bored me, and often didn't go along with crazier schemes. I actually called on more than a few occasions my friends' parents to pick them up when I was bored with them because they wouldn't cooperate with my schemes. :ninja: I totally did majority of what you mentioned your daughter doing. She's very lucky to have siblings to exert all that energy onto.

I think Kasper is right to suggest an energetic dog. I would also recommend signing her up for classes, depending on how old she is. I think dance classes (perhaps, jazz, or hip hop -- I'm serious!). Give her activities to think about and devise plans to execute which require her own mind, and physicality. It will occupy her in many ways that she can practice at any time, and intersperse with other activities like teaching her to channel her artistic side by showing her a picture of a famous painting. Tell her to copy it the best she can, or to draw it in a way that resembles it according to her imagination and then tell her that one day she will go see the actual painting (a goal to work towards in the most abstract sense is a good idea).

P.S. How old is she?