• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Changing

Random Ness

There's a persona vs. nature thread somewhere on this site...or maybe that was personalitycafe. :)

Danbenyo

MBTI Type
INXP
Enneagram
U got me all wrong, I dont use many words because english isnt my native lang, not beacuse I have no explanations.
Im not eaven an INFP just INTP with feelings!:solidarity:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all I wrote this thread here, beacuse ur the "thinkers" by the MBTI test.
Im starting to dout this MBTI system, U cant divide 6,879,900,000 people to 16 personalities, do you?

Sure you can. If you take the four cognitive functions, and allow an introverted or extraverted mode for each, and then allow for introverted or extraverted overall types, that comes out to 16 types. 4x2x2=16.

Now, not everyone of a particular type is totally identical, and people that read too much into their type are making a big mistake. We are all individuals, and differing life experiences, among other things, can make for very different worldviews even between people of the same type.

Unique

I swear every 200 or so threads somebody comes up with the apparent "revelation" that mbti is a crock of shit

Each one of these people fail to see what mbti really is

MBTI is a series of general preferences and not to be looked at in specifics

I actually die a little inside when a profile description writes "this type loves mathematics"

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I swear every 200 or so threads somebody comes up with the apparent "revelation" that mbti is a crock of shit

And the overwhelming majority of them are typed as INFPs...

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
And the overwhelming majority of them are typed as INFPs...

Woah there, Nelly. Are you disagreeing with the original statement and saying that MBTI isn't a crock of shit? If not, your statement seems a bit...confused. :confused:

MBTI serves to outline different categories of people. It does it quite well, but nobody said it was definitive. That's why things like the Enneagram exist, to offer different perspectives...

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you can chance but it involves drugs. Amphetamines and steroids for example.

Not sure what you would end up as tho. other than dead at young age.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Woah there, Nelly. Are you disagreeing with the original statement and saying that MBTI isn't a crock of shit? If not, your statement seems a bit...confused. :confused:
Yes, I'm disagreeing with it. I'm also pointing out the irony of the fact that the vast majority of the people who do make threads saying that MBTI is a crock of shit are of the same personality type. The most that I'll ever see of an ENTP in regard to believing as such is only found within offhand throw away comments. It's generally xNFPs, such as the OP, who create entire threads based around how people are too special and unique to be categorized.

Last edited:

Adasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, the name Type indicator should give it away, really. For what it's worth, I think it's obvious people can be "typed", but no-one is trying to "type" the manifestation of individuality, merely how it might manifest.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Yes, it is obvious, and the word "type" should give it away. However, as has been mentioned in this thread, we still get people who begin topics on their disagreement with that concept on a regular basis, such as the original poster. That's what I was referring to.