User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Changing

There's a persona vs. nature thread somewhere on this site...or maybe that was personalitycafe.

MBTI
    INXP
    Enneagram

U got me all wrong, I dont use many words because english isnt my native lang, not beacuse I have no explanations.
    Im not eaven an INFP just INTP with feelings!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Danbenyo View Post
    First of all I wrote this thread here, beacuse ur the "thinkers" by the MBTI test.
    Im starting to dout this MBTI system, U cant divide 6,879,900,000 people to 16 personalities, do you?
    Sure you can. If you take the four cognitive functions, and allow an introverted or extraverted mode for each, and then allow for introverted or extraverted overall types, that comes out to 16 types. 4x2x2=16.

Now, not everyone of a particular type is totally identical, and people that read too much into their type are making a big mistake. We are all individuals, and differing life experiences, among other things, can make for very different worldviews even between people of the same type.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

I swear every 200 or so threads somebody comes up with the apparent "revelation" that mbti is a crock of shit

Each one of these people fail to see what mbti really is

MBTI is a series of general preferences and not to be looked at in specifics

I actually die a little inside when a profile description writes "this type loves mathematics"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I swear every 200 or so threads somebody comes up with the apparent "revelation" that mbti is a crock of shit
    And the overwhelming majority of them are typed as INFPs...
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    And the overwhelming majority of them are typed as INFPs...
    Woah there, Nelly. Are you disagreeing with the original statement and saying that MBTI isn't a crock of shit? If not, your statement seems a bit...confused. :confused:

MBTI serves to outline different categories of people. It does it quite well, but nobody said it was definitive. That's why things like the Enneagram exist, to offer different perspectives...
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think you can chance but it involves drugs. Amphetamines and steroids for example.

Not sure what you would end up as tho. other than dead at young age.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    Woah there, Nelly. Are you disagreeing with the original statement and saying that MBTI isn't a crock of shit? If not, your statement seems a bit...confused. :confused:
    Yes, I'm disagreeing with it. I'm also pointing out the irony of the fact that the vast majority of the people who do make threads saying that MBTI is a crock of shit are of the same personality type. The most that I'll ever see of an ENTP in regard to believing as such is only found within offhand throw away comments. It's generally xNFPs, such as the OP, who create entire threads based around how people are too special and unique to be categorized.
    Last edited by LunarMoon; 11-30-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, the name Type indicator should give it away, really. For what it's worth, I think it's obvious people can be "typed", but no-one is trying to "type" the manifestation of individuality, merely how it might manifest.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Yes, it is obvious, and the word "type" should give it away. However, as has been mentioned in this thread, we still get people who begin topics on their disagreement with that concept on a regular basis, such as the original poster. That's what I was referring to.