User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    What, you're saying I have a hard on for INTJs or something? I'm not complaining you guys are dicks, I'm pointing out how all these so called "awesome" characters are often evil guys. Where are the INTJs whose actions one can actually respect? And it's rhetorical really.
    Violet Baudelaire, as seen on page... 1 I think... of this thread.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

What about this guy? He seemed INTJ.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post

What about this guy? He seemed INTJ.
    [Strangelove's plan for post-nuclear war survival involves living underground with a 10:1 female-to-male ratio]
    General "Buck" Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Mein Führer, I can walk!

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

So I gues you guys agree with that typing?

I saw this movie the other day and thought it was great.
    JiNe

Banned

What, you're saying I have a hard on for INTJs or something? I'm not complaining you guys are dicks, I'm pointing out how all these so called "awesome" characters are often evil guys. Where are the INTJs whose actions one can actually respect? And it's rhetorical really.
    I think that your respect or disdain for us is irrelevant. Not because we don't care, because, of course we do, but because it doesn't help. You guys like to voice opinions about how you cannot respect us; perhaps that is because it has been judged to be... unneccessary in analysing what we see in ourselves?

I don't think you have a hard on for INTJs, but I do see a lot of ENFPs and INFJs coming into a lot of INTJ threads with the same set of recycled opinions. It's tiresome and the truth is unless you understand what we have a tendancy towards viewing inside ourselves and how we relate this to characterisations, which is basically efficiency and the need for the application of such whilst maintaining individuality (positive or negative as that may be) and a somewhat sarcastic wit, then you are going to find many of the INTJ descriptions unflattering because they aren't what you would value in yourself.

I mean really, what this thread doesn't tell you is which characters are INTJ, but which characters INTJs see facets of themselves when they observe. So do ponder that we are a type who focus on seeing our worst traits in the most negative associations and carry it as a burden even as we do what we see as right regardless of our emergent nihilism.

Also do remember that what you might see as 'not respectable' to us can be seen as an entirely positive association. Somewhat akin to being given lemons and making lemonade and having negative potential that can be turned to a positive purpose.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You're making a fuss about nothing, really.

I think some I don't respect some of these guys, not because they use Ni Te (which has nothing inherently 'not respectable') but because the basis for their plotting are rarely "good" in a classical sense.

And your first sentence "I think that your respect or disdain for us is irrelevant" is quite true, but you have to understand I'm not talking about INTJs, I'm talking about the characters. I wasn't trying to attack INTJs so much as cracking a joke and just pointing out the fact (provided you have the same definition of dick that I do).

Banned

You're making a fuss about nothing, really.

I think some I don't respect some of these guys, not because they use Ni Te (which has nothing inherently 'not respectable') but because the basis for their plotting are rarely "good" in a classical sense.

And your first sentence "I think that your respect or disdain for us is irrelevant" is quite true, but you have to understand I'm not talking about INTJs, I'm talking about the characters. I wasn't trying to attack INTJs so much as cracking a joke and just pointing out the fact (provided you have the same definition of dick that I do).
    I'm perfectly capable of making fusses where I deem such to be necessary or purposeful.

I understand and was merely pointing out that pointing at things you view as negative traits in things that others associate with themselves will not be amusing or taken well by them. This happens frequently towards us.

MBTI
    INTJ

"Basis"? "Dicks"?

Pffft. Next I'll be hearing there's rules for behavior.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Banned

Sōsuke Aizen