• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Most awesome INTJs

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
What, you're saying I have a hard on for INTJs or something? I'm not complaining you guys are dicks, I'm pointing out how all these so called "awesome" characters are often evil guys. Where are the INTJs whose actions one can actually respect? And it's rhetorical really.

Violet Baudelaire, as seen on page... 1 I think... of this thread.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Dr.Strangelove.jpg

What about this guy? He seemed INTJ.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dr.Strangelove.jpg

What about this guy? He seemed INTJ.

[Strangelove's plan for post-nuclear war survival involves living underground with a 10:1 female-to-male ratio]
General "Buck" Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
So I gues you guys agree with that typing?

I saw this movie the other day and thought it was great.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What, you're saying I have a hard on for INTJs or something? I'm not complaining you guys are dicks, I'm pointing out how all these so called "awesome" characters are often evil guys. Where are the INTJs whose actions one can actually respect? And it's rhetorical really.

I think that your respect or disdain for us is irrelevant. Not because we don't care, because, of course we do, but because it doesn't help. You guys like to voice opinions about how you cannot respect us; perhaps that is because it has been judged to be... unneccessary in analysing what we see in ourselves?

I don't think you have a hard on for INTJs, but I do see a lot of ENFPs and INFJs coming into a lot of INTJ threads with the same set of recycled opinions. It's tiresome and the truth is unless you understand what we have a tendancy towards viewing inside ourselves and how we relate this to characterisations, which is basically efficiency and the need for the application of such whilst maintaining individuality (positive or negative as that may be) and a somewhat sarcastic wit, then you are going to find many of the INTJ descriptions unflattering because they aren't what you would value in yourself.

I mean really, what this thread doesn't tell you is which characters are INTJ, but which characters INTJs see facets of themselves when they observe. So do ponder that we are a type who focus on seeing our worst traits in the most negative associations and carry it as a burden even as we do what we see as right regardless of our emergent nihilism.

Also do remember that what you might see as 'not respectable' to us can be seen as an entirely positive association. Somewhat akin to being given lemons and making lemonade and having negative potential that can be turned to a positive purpose.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You're making a fuss about nothing, really.

I think some I don't respect some of these guys, not because they use Ni Te (which has nothing inherently 'not respectable') but because the basis for their plotting are rarely "good" in a classical sense.

And your first sentence "I think that your respect or disdain for us is irrelevant" is quite true, but you have to understand I'm not talking about INTJs, I'm talking about the characters. I wasn't trying to attack INTJs so much as cracking a joke and just pointing out the fact (provided you have the same definition of dick that I do).

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
You're making a fuss about nothing, really.

I think some I don't respect some of these guys, not because they use Ni Te (which has nothing inherently 'not respectable') but because the basis for their plotting are rarely "good" in a classical sense.

And your first sentence "I think that your respect or disdain for us is irrelevant" is quite true, but you have to understand I'm not talking about INTJs, I'm talking about the characters. I wasn't trying to attack INTJs so much as cracking a joke and just pointing out the fact (provided you have the same definition of dick that I do).

I'm perfectly capable of making fusses where I deem such to be necessary or purposeful.

I understand and was merely pointing out that pointing at things you view as negative traits in things that others associate with themselves will not be amusing or taken well by them. This happens frequently towards us.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
"Basis"? "Dicks"?

Pffft. Next I'll be hearing there's rules for behavior.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Violet Baudelaire, as seen on page... 1 I think... of this thread.

Violet Baudelaire, Clarice Starling, Dale Cooper, Dumbledore, none of them are dicks, not one. Totally heroes.

Still, you gotta admit to the "evil" stereotype.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Violet Baudelaire, Clarice Starling, Dale Cooper, Dumbledore, none of them are dicks, not one. Totally heroes.

Still, you gotta admit to the "evil" stereotype.
Now, now, Dumbledore played Harry and others pretty hard, knowing full well some would die, and held some obvious biases among the students and houses. His intentions were good, but I think you could argue he was kind of a dick.