First 21011121314 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by MyIsland View Post
    Farraday? Really???

He could be... but I always thought of him as more of an INTP...

I mean, he's such a pansy...

The obvious answer from Lost (which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet) is...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^Grrr I don't know if the distinguishing trait between an INTP and INTJ is whether or not someone is a pansy. Subtlety more likely. Nevertheless agree Farraday more INtP than INTJ and Linus the key INTJ (albeit an 'unhealthy' one) of the show.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    ^Grrr I don't know if the distinguishing trait between an INTP and INTJ is whether or not someone is a pansy.
    Ok, I agree...

INTJs are also better in bed.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Farraday? Really???
    He could be... but I always thought of him as more of an INTP...
    I mean, he's such a pansy...
    Right on the money. Pretty textbook male INTP too, on the sweet (rather than isolationist) side of things.

The obvious answer from Lost (which I don't think anyone has mentioned yet) is... <BEN>"
    Well... yeah. Yet another textbook case.

They're good counterpoints to each other of comparison of J/P too.
    Daniel's very explorative and non-committed. He feels things out to figure out the truth, and his answers are fuzzy. (the P secondary -- Ne).
    Ben's very directed and decisive. He tries to control outcomes and his actions are specific and clear. (the J secondary -- Te).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Right on the money. Pretty textbook male INTP too, on the sweet (rather than isolationist) side of things.

Well... yeah. Yet another textbook case.

They're good counterpoints to each other of comparison of J/P too.
    Daniel's very explorative and non-committed. He feels things out to figure out the truth, and his answers are fuzzy. (the P secondary -- Ne).
    Ben's very directed and decisive. He tries to control outcomes and his actions are specific and clear. (the J secondary -- Te).
    Agreed on most points...

I question a little bit the points about INTPs being fuzzy and INTJs being specific-and-clear, though...

INTP's dom-Ti and INTJ's dom-Ni add the opposite qualities of what you've described... so it becomes very context-specific...

I mean, look at Kalach: are his answers (does he ever provide answers?) ever not fuzzy? And look at <insert jackass, Nordic INTP here>, whose answers always ring of an exceptional close-mindedness...

I agree that, when Te is in control, then INTJs will tend to be much more specific and clear, but this is not always the case... same goes for INTPs and Ne...

I'd also add that Farraday got himself shot like a retard while "implementing" his plan.

Ben woulda got that shit done-and-done... (perhaps at the expense of a few "Others'" lives...)

ok... that's about enough...

/INTP-baiting

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was basically talking about INTP/INTJ as exemplified by these two, and they happened to be the accentuated examples / extremes.

Of course there are people on the forum who fall into different parts of the spectrum, especially depending on the individual blends of various function perspectives.

/sidesteps INTP bait trap/
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I was basically talking about INTP/INTJ as exemplified by these two, and they happened to be the accentuated examples / extremes.

Of course there are people on the forum who fall into different parts of the spectrum, especially depending on the individual blends of various function perspectives.
    Agreed.

/sidesteps INTP bait trap/

Smart INTP...

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lets eat pie View Post
    INTP
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I mean, look at Kalach: are his answers (does he ever provide answers?) ever not fuzzy?
    Oddly, Kalach is the one of the INTJ posters that stands out to me as someone whose posts I can appreciate. Cool guy (and funny).