User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I have a similar problem. For example if I write something that contains six paragraphs all six will be well written. However, the order in which the paragraphs are placed is often confusing.

To compensate I have developed a habit of re-reading anything I have written at least three times.
    Yes! Well what I've started to do is just write write write... and not worry too much about the order or format that it's supposed to be structured in. Then, once I have an adequate amount of words, then worry about fitting it into a format, if necessary.

If it's writing for fun, then I make sure that the words are understandable to me.

And if it's social writing, like blogs or things like this forum, then I try to make it easy to understand, like if it was in a conversation... but the words doesn't always come out the way they are typed.

i thought that was a intj thing... i mean my intj always bugs me about my grammer

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by cdal233 View Post
    Yes! Well what I've started to do is just write write write... and not worry too much about the order or format that it's supposed to be structured in. Then, once I have an adequate amount of words, then worry about fitting it into a format, if necessary.

If it's writing for fun, then I make sure that the words are understandable to me.

And if it's social writing, like blogs or things like this forum, then I try to make it easy to understand, like if it was in a conversation... but the words doesn't always come out the way they are typed.
    I agree. Write, then revise and organize after your thoughts have been recorded.

For social writing, especialy forums, brevity is crucial. I strive to write concise clear sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Pedantic about ideas, yes, but I have never yet noticed them to be grammar hounds.
    I am, but I fail to correct others on their mistakes because everybody makes them. If I make mistakes myself then I have no right to criticize others on theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by disTant_eCHo View Post
    I am, but I fail to correct others on their mistakes because everybody makes them. If I make mistakes myself then I have no right to criticize others on theirs.
    ... or, since you do not correct others on the occassion when you do make a mistake those that you might have corrected will not seize the oppurtunity to shine the spotlight on you.

Oh yeah, I get corrected all the time, but I appreciate it. I rarely come across a word that I can't spell so when I do screw something up it's usually a typo. The only problem is that people feel the need to correct me with an asshole attitude about it. If I can't spell a word right just say "Hey, it's spelled this way not that way." Instead of "Your entire argument was just rendered invalid because you couldn't properly spell Albuquerque."

By the way, I used to have a beagle that looks just like yours. Therefore you are my new favourite internet friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    ... if you don't know who Neil Peart is, then you're probably going to hell.

MBTI
    xNTP

"Hey, it's spelled this way not that way." Instead of "Your entire argument was just rendered invalid because you couldn't properly spell Albuquerque."
    I agree. Many a keen intellect has been hidden behind a poor ability to communicate. To quote myself: "it's the message that matters not the delivery".

By the way, the beagle is not mine. I found the picture on the Internet. That being said when I do get a dog it will most likely be a beagle as they are awesome dogs.

MBTI
    INTP

I just remember sequences well.
    Jennifer's quote is very on point for me because I think some people are simply better at remembering sequences. For me, it's the way words are spelled. Yet, I'm terrible with math. I simply can't understand how people can look at a word thousands of times during their lifetime and still spell it incorrectly. Every. Single. Time.

I don't use words I can't spell. Seriously. It's like I get a headache if a word is spelled incorrectly. Something weird goes off in my head, and I can't allow the sentence to be published if I know one of the words is misspelled. When that occurs and I can't find the correct spelling, I substitute a word with similar meaning. It's easier, and I don't feel quite so loony.

I have a friend who accused me of some sort of "word autism." A poster on another board I frequent asked if I could have a photographic memory. I wouldn't take it that far. But like Jennifer, once I see a word a few times, it's mine--I don't forget it. Making up a spelling just won't do.

Oh yeah, I get corrected all the time, but I appreciate it. I rarely come across a word that I can't spell so when I do screw something up it's usually a typo....
    So true.

Appreciating being corrected must be an INTP thing because it rarely bothers me. I want to know as much about the world as possible, and if someone shows me I'm wrong, I simply file away the new information so that it can be used at an appropriate time.
    INTP
    5w4

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    i thought that was a intj thing... i mean my intj always bugs me about my grammer
    You've got you own INTJ? Did you bring enough for the rest of the class?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    You've got you own INTJ? Did you bring enough for the rest of the class?
    I'm a bit suprised as well, given the INTJs are very difficult to keep on a leash.