User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    abcd

Default INTx and unhealthy Se/Fe

I would like to know the intx behaviour when struggled in unhealthy Se/Fe function.

For INTJs, I've read they can have an "animal instinct" due to unhealthy Se. For example Light Yagami's angry outburst or even more the Daniel Plainview's angry violence in "There will be blood".
    I would like a confirm about this, and if unhealthy Se can have also different display, because it seems mainly a display of anger.

For INTPs, I've not understood yet what unhealthy Fe does.
    I've read INTPs can have emotional outburst, but what it is? They become whiners, dramatical, hysterical puppies? What they do stereotipically? How unhealthy Fe is visible by others? It's more sadness and confusion instead of the intj's anger against the world?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    For INTJs, I've read they can have an "animal instinct" due to unhealthy Se. For example Light Yagami's angry outburst or even more the Daniel Plainview's angry violence in "There will be blood".
    I would like a confirm about this, and if unhealthy Se can have also different display, because it seems mainly a display of anger.
    I have had such outbursts maybe five times in my entire life. I remember one time in elementary school, I was about seven years old, when two older boys who hardly knew me teased me after school on the way to the bicycle stand. They did not leave me alone until I began to cry and get really furious. Then they ran away. It never happened again. Another time, my younger sister lied to me about something I do not remember now, straight in the face, in spite of my serious insistence that she tell the truth. That made me so angry that I beat her leg blue. If all mental means are exhausted and it is crucial to reach a goal, violence becomes an option, I guess.

I am suspicious of the function theory, so I refrain from commenting on how my behavior might be related to Se.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Another time, my younger sister lied to me about something I do not remember now, straight in the face, in spite of my serious insistence that she tell the truth. That made me so angry that I beat her leg blue. If all mental means are exhausted and it is crucial to reach a goal, violence becomes an option, I guess.
    LOL and this is the very reason why you should NEVER lie to an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Another time, my younger sister lied to me about something I do not remember now, straight in the face, in spite of my serious insistence that she tell the truth. That made me so angry that I beat her leg blue. If all mental means are exhausted and it is crucial to reach a goal, violence becomes an option, I guess.
    LOL and this is the very reason why you should NEVER lie to an INTJ.

MBTI
    nnnn

animal instinct, yeah, hedonism, violence, trance, danger, ecstasy, seduction - it's definitely not just anger, it also needn't be unhealthy :evil:

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

When I am unhealthy and am taken over by my Fe, I become all mushy and sentimental, very anxious, jittery and nervous and blind to obvious logical truths. I may also be very needy. Though I tend to be rather mushy and sentimental in general. Maybe I'm always unhealthy.

I think when I am using unhealthy Fe, I seem to have these two disorders at once, or at least the symptoms thereof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidan...ality_disorder
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depende...ality_disorder

Which is never easy to deal with. I'm glad I am mostly in control with my Ti right now.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

An unhealthy inferior usually shows itself as either a complete distain for the function in question, or bouts of overindulgence in it.

For Se that can mean excesive austerity, refusing all decoration, fine foods and like. Almost a desire to rid oneself of all of all trappings of the material world and instead exist in a state of pure thought. It can't be done, of course, but that's a different discusion. It can also mean over indulgence in physical pleasures, particularly when the person is trying to relax after stress. INTJs are over represented amongst substance abusers, for example.

A third example is simple impulsiveness. THis is often the hardest the spot, as INJs often look under control even when they are tottering o the blink of oblivion. It is often seen as some patient, long term project to achieve some result that makes no sense at all. Hannibal Lecture shows this sort of inferior function, with his carefully planned crimes that serve no function except top fuel his need to experience new things. They aren't always so extreme of course. As a child I used to build card houses just so that I could knock them down again. I'd expreiment with different designs to see which were the toughest and demolish them by throwing rubbers a them, but watching them hit the ground was definitely part of the pleasure!
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

As someone with borderline personality disorder, Fe can make me doing extremely different things (usually only for a short amount of time);
    - get depressed/get self-esteem issues because of very slight issues (f.e., somebody is laughing near me and I didn't heard WHY, so I automatically assume he/ she laughed about me ; I know, it sounds ridiculous( in fact, it IS ridiculous^^), but that's why it's called UNHEALTHY Fe) or even completely out of the blue
    - get extremely outgoing, party-loving
    -liking/loving people I usually don't really recognize or even hate
    -hating people I usually like
    -being blunt, flashy, etc.
    -writing extremely personal informations in an internet forum although I barely know anyone and it's pretty probably that they will just react irritated/baffled
    -showing risky or even suicidal behaviour(running on a balustrade multiple storeys high; staying on a railroad and going down only a few seconds before the train comes, while grining insane etc.)
    -manipulate other people
    -extreme nervousness
    -Loud aggressiveness
    -megalomania

and some other things that just don't come to my mind in the moment.

I usually jump between exactly opposite moods. Important is that I never do such things when I'm alone; I always have to interact with people in any way to behave like this.
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
    As someone with borderline personality disorder, Fe can make me doing extremely different things (usually only for a short amount of time);
    - get depressed/get self-esteem issues because of very slight issues (f.e., somebody is laughing near me and I didn't heard WHY, so I automatically assume he/ she laughed about me ; I know, it sounds ridiculous( in fact, it IS ridiculous^^), but that's why it's called UNHEALTHY Fe) or even completely out of the blue
    - get extremely outgoing, party-loving
    -liking/loving people I usually don't really recognize or even hate
    -hating people I usually like
    -being blunt, flashy, etc.
    -writing extremely personal informations in an internet forum although I barely know anyone and it's pretty probably that they will just react irritated/baffled
    -showing risky or even suicidal behaviour(running on a balustrade multiple storeys high; staying on a railroad and going down only a few seconds before the train comes, while grining insane etc.)
    -manipulate other people
    -extreme nervousness
    -Loud aggressiveness
    -megalomania

and some other things that just don't come to my mind in the moment.

I usually jump between exactly opposite moods. Important is that I never do such things when I'm alone; I always have to interact with people in any way to behave like this.
    I've seen ITPs do obsesiveness as well, were they get fixated on some unfortunate soul. It was an unlucky girl inthe case I saw.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Inferior Fe tends to manifest itself as having problems assimilating and finding where one fits into groups, poor awareness of how one is socially perceived, an inability to change that perception in a way that's desired, poor ability to express emotion and "how to make them work for you," and an inability to accept ethical considerations as adequate criteria for decision making. Can emerge as poorly controlled outbursts of defensive emotion [often w4s], or passive indifference to the emotional needs of others and the environment [often w6s].