User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

To be properly intimidating, you probably need to be either really freakish and insane or to be a directing personality. And Most ENTPs are informing personalities (I believe they CAN be directing, as I disagree that being a certain type specifies what your communication style is 100% of the time, but normally they'd just be informing). Although they may be able to intimidate some timid Behind-the-scenes people with their strong energy.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I am not intimidating I just can appear somewhat aggressive
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENTP

Give me a machine gun a I'll be intimidating.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by thea View Post
    I am not intimidating I just can appear somewhat aggressive
    I think that's as far as any ENTP can go. maybe just being loud in general.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can intimidate - mainly when at work, either throughh communicating too passionately, or having all the arguments covered off and be literally runnign 3 minutes ahead of others thinking. I have been told in one specific job - that I finished an major launch too quickly, and was too creative - OH DEARY me I cried myself to sleep that night

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by duck! View Post
    However, I find that the ENTPs that I'm related to are cerebral bullies. They create complex logical arguments about sensitive subjects. They can exploit personal weakness. A fellow NT may not care as much, but my feelings were easily hurt by their need for one-upmanship. They can also be intellectually annoying. On certain subjects in which I have expertise, I take the effort to cut them down, but they don't back off easily because the need to be right can be stronger than the need to accept the truth.
    This roughly parallels my impression of certain ENTPs. It's more annoying than intimidating, especially when some ENTPs get all aggressive over any little thing. I'm often scratching my head as to what the hell that person's problem is. Plus half the time I can't tell if the person is being serious or just playing around - which makes it more annyoing from my perspective. Plus all too often they try to lecture me on stuff I already know, but yet address me as if I didn't know anything.

ReflecTcelfeR

What other traits did you encounter when they acted like this? Was this there natural state of being, or were they stressed when you saw this attitude?

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    What other traits did you encounter when they acted like this? Was this there natural state of being, or were they stressed when you saw this attitude?
    Well certainly any attempt to diffuse the situation failed and basically seemed to encourage them to act more aggressively. They would also insist on some particular negative assestment of myself and would not accept the possibility that they were wrong or mistaken. No everything I said would be twisted around to support their preconceived notion, and/or made to look more sinister than it actually was.

I really wouldn't know in all honesty about them being stressed. In each case it kinda blew up suddenly and out of nowhere, so at times it caught me off guard.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, oh well, sudden outbursts could be linked to stress I suppose. Maybe they felt threatened by you? Thank you for your contribution!

Sniffles

No problem. Threatened by me? Interesting to hear that, although then again people have told me I can be intimidating myself.