User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    We love big challenges but tend to be bored by mundane ones. If you want to intimidate us, put us face to face with something completely structured, regimented with absolutely no room for a creative response.

There's almost always a possibility for a creative response, ergo ENTPs are seldom intimidated.
    Speak for yourself. You'll value structure soon enough if you really want to change something on a grand scale. Without structure and order in your work in a corporate world there's none to nothing you will change. On a personal level; people will get bored with someone whose constantly unstructured and doesnt get his things going. At a certain age, you'll find yourself quite alone, with your guitar and your dog dummy. Growing up is an essential part of life and it's damn good to unleash the power that can be in you if you actually want your creativity to actually do something for the first time.

Realism may pervert people into being blind to creativity. Then again, I never liked even in school the people who criticized others of not being creative enough. This critic is not only semantically wrong, it's a thing a thoughtful P would never say, cause you cant imagine in how many ways uncreative people could be creative, watch American Psycho and you would know.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    We love big challenges but tend to be bored by mundane ones. If you want to intimidate us, put us face to face with something completely structured, regimented with absolutely no room for a creative response.

There's almost always a possibility for a creative response, ergo ENTPs are seldom intimidated.
    That's probably one of the most random responses I have seen.
    What I spoke of had more to do with a lack of self-awareness and an inability to understand when you're out-gunned and surrounded.
    What I am looking for is a way to get points through to you in a way you can understand better.

Normally, I have to repeat myself until you finally get so annoyed that you for once listen.
    Then, finally, after thinking about what I said you might repeat what I said about the topic in conversation with another...
    While still disliking me for being harsh, usually. Not to mention that you will probably have repressed the memory that you changed your opinion.
    And giving no credit for others being right, ever.
    That's not very effective, in the sense that it is time-consuming and frustrating.
    Winning over an NTP that isn't listening for some reason is sort of like emptying a sandbox with a tweezer, one grain at a time.

This isn't based on a single individual that i'm frustrated with, it is very general and common.
    Perhaps it is just because NTPs and I don't work well together(usually), this might not happen to others. Unsure.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Can you repeat the middle part I was busy playing with my balls :p

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Can you repeat the middle part I was busy playing with my balls :p
    I really have to laugh at that, though =P

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You are very right with ur assessment though. My gf played an integral part in showing me what an ass I am especially in discussion and how, should I run out of methods to twist and turn the conversation to my part, I just deny my own revised opinion.

The thing is tho, to say in my own defense, I am not always doing that on purpose. Sometimes you get in the middle of the duiscussion convinced by your partners opinion and adapt it immediantly as your own without telling your discussion partner that you agree. Then of course in the end it looks like you are a jerk to others. This is not on purpose, sometimes you are so fascinated by a discussion that the minds runs and doesnt stop, normally if you would now that as a discussion partner you can see it as a compliment. This shouldnt be tho an excuse for an entp doing it nevertheless.

Another thing is, I hate it to be wrong. Not because I always want to be right, but because I am not very strong in my opinion. I always listen to every opinion people present, with age the opinions you hear from different people repeat itself more often, so you already made up your mind about them. But with new opinions you take all the information in and then at a certain moment you speak your opinion. And should then someone speak against it, you are disappointed, because it took you so long from the start to even have the guts to speak your mind.

Those things are of course nothing one should respect in a discussion with an entp, that's a thing the entp must learn for him- / herself, but it's maybe intresting to know for better discussioin tactics

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Normally, I have to repeat myself until you finally get so annoyed that you for once listen.
    This comprises repetition and persistance, which means longwinded-ness and an unnecessary amount of examples. NTPs rely on Ti and Ne, and, I speak from experience here, when someone (an ENFJ in this case) begins repeating themselves to me, it doesn't change a damned thing in the argument. That's not the juicy part though: we probably already have an idea of what you're arguing after your first example so you really don't need to repeat yourself.

While still disliking me for being harsh, usually. Not to mention that you will probably have repressed the memory that you changed your opinion.
    And giving no credit for others being right, ever..
    You're presupposing we are expressing an opinion in the first place and that we see certain people as being "right" or "wrong".

Winning over an NTP that isn't listening for some reason is sort of like emptying a sandbox with a tweezer, one grain at a time.
    No. You're not winning anything. You're just harping on a subject we got bored with yesterday. This solves both of your problems: why they're not listening, and why you aren't "winning us over".

I've had this encounter with ENFJs before. I like to argue. I don't care about being right or wrong; I care about understanding the relationship between the many sides of an argument. The "opinion" I'm expressing has more to do with your reaction, not the merit of the viewpoint.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This good too. I've read your post 6 times to find something to attack you with but, nothing comes to mind. Maybe the shrug smile, that was pretty arrogant of you !

MBTI
    ENTP

I have been told many times that I am intimidating. I do not understand why. I think it is because they think I set high standards for myself and then judge them against those standards. Has anyone else gotten that feedback?
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

NPcomplete

Some of my friends tell me that they don't find me intimidating at all. However, most of those ones are Ns of some sort and we pretty much speak the same "language" and probably have similar demeanors and most importantly, have known each other for a long time so I don't know how valid that statement is.

I suspect other people of finding me intimidating because sometimes I prefer to be aloof and quiet and just observe the scenery.

In my teenage years, I used to be extremely argumentative (and would never back down) and would call people on their bs no matter what. Now, though, I am more laid back, goofy and most times don't care unless it's really important, in which case I am extremely logical and don't mind using my argumentative/calling people on stuff powerz.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    I have been told many times that I am intimidating. I do not understand why. I think it is because they think I set high standards for myself and then judge them against those standards. Has anyone else gotten that feedback?
    Indeed I have. My friend said that I sometimes "remind people of their limitations" so that's why they sometimes find me intimidating. Haha does that make me a dementor?

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think that I ever come off as intimidating. If I do, it's unintentional.

No one has ever said anything that would lead me to believe that I was intimidating.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.