User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    So, tell me, how do I intimidate ENTPs so much that they jump out of their skins?
    That's really creepy:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfyqWpFNwys"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ----

i see myself as assertive. vasilisa mentioned that there is a duality and i think that's true. i am naturally friendly and i love meeting people and squeezing the fun out of life, but if you wrong me - look out.

physically i'm not intimidating. i'm little and i'm often told i look friendly and sweet - i very rarely raise my voice and i never swear - not my style. i also don't get emotionally invested in discussions - i am calm and can seem detached. i remember being at a meeting for work once with some cats i didn't know. a lot of rubbish ideas were being floated and i sat and listened and then after a few motormouths had burned themselves out i flatly said a few things that were on my mind. afterwards this old grumpy guy came up to me and said 'where did that come from?' so there is a juxtaposition at play, particularly because i'm a girly entp i think.

i think entps when they're growing up can be a bit louder and more verbose - until they learn to harness their personalities. knowing when to shut up is as important as knowing when to speak up for the sake of your reputation and efficacy (particularly in a professional context)... you know - discretion is the better part of valour.

reflecttcelfer, what made you ask the question? you been out scaring people with your big personality in prep for halloween?!

ReflecTcelfeR

I just noticed that I was not intimidating what so ever to anyone I asked, sometimes I think my facial expression looks angry so I try to lighten it, but this, and the only other thing that could make me intimidating is my size (I'm about 6'5"-6'6"), but I'm too incredibly goofy to be intimidating. However, I have shocked others with how quickly I can go from being kooky to extremely logical. I just wondered if anyone else felt this way and almost everyone does . I wondered if I could ever be truly intimidating, but I see it now as I'm only perceived as intimidating to the people who don't know me.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

You are not intimidating at all.

And, "how quickly you can go from being kooky to extremely logical", is one of the reasons why I enjoy the ENTPs' company.

One of my close friends is an ENTP, and I find that quality to be amusing instead of scary. In fact, I'm usually the one who makes him pass from the first state to the second just for fun. It results in highly interesting conversations.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ENTP

I think most ENTPs are not intimidating.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    You are not intimidating at all.

And, "how quickly you can go from being kooky to extremely logical", is one of the reasons why I enjoy the ENTPs' company.

One of my close friends is an ENTP, and I find that quality to be amusing instead of scary. In fact, I'm usually the one who makes him pass from the first state to the second just for fun. It results in highly interesting conversations.
    I always look forward to those conversations .

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I think most ENTPs are not intimidating.
    It isn't our 'role' to be intimidating I suppose. We'd never get any of our ideas out there if we were. They're dangerous enough as they are .

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    It isn't our 'role' to be intimidating I suppose. We'd never get any of our ideas out there if we were. They're dangerous enough as they are .
    Tho talking yourself into believing you are not intimidating could be perceived volitionly differently .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You people do smell like soup, though. A curious sort of french onion, me thinks.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    LOL I thought this thread was about how the heck you do to intimidate ENTPs
    I'd very much like to know. I mean... I have done that, but they never show it when I do and they've got some weird stuff about not backing down even if they're wrong.
    So, tell me, how do I intimidate ENTPs so much that they jump out of their skins?
    Short of shooting kneecaps, holding infants out of windows etc, that is.
    We love big challenges but tend to be bored by mundane ones. If you want to intimidate us, put us face to face with something completely structured, regimented with absolutely no room for a creative response.

There's almost always a possibility for a creative response, ergo ENTPs are seldom intimidated.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i think entps when they're growing up can be a bit louder and more verbose - until they learn to harness their personalities. knowing when to shut up is as important as knowing when to speak up for the sake of your reputation and efficacy (particularly in a professional context)... you know - discretion is the better part of valour.
    This is the story of my transition from teenager to adult.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com