MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My good friend, Josh, is an ENTP 8w7.
    I am an ESTP 7w8.
    We are so alike it is not even funny, so I'll comment here from of the perspective of how he is perceived by others.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    How often are you intimidating?
    Not often because he puts alot of effort into communicating effectively.
    But he is a big guy, and a tall guy, so if he cops a certain look at someone who doesn't know him I can see that being potentially intimidating.

How often have others found you intimidating?
    I've only seen him get pissed once, and it was on a phone call with a software developer in California, and he shut them down.

Do you think you could ever be intimidating?
    When needed, but certainly not thought of as necessary for 99.9% of life's circumstances.

No real point behind these besides my sudden curiosity.
    These are the most fun questions to answer!

Also! I would like to hear from others who know ENTP's in real-life.
    See above answers...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd like to be a little more intimidating, especially to (some of) my students!
    If they allow me to do physics with them, if they ask questions and are generally interested, I'm a very nice (and I guess/hope also a good) teacher. But if they act out and I have to intervene, then I have always compassion with them and I don't want to punish them. They learn very quickly I hate to punish and of course act out even more. That's really sad for the good pupils who just want to understand what the lesson is all about.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

I sometimes meet people who are intimidated by the fact that i'm so friendly, out-going, good-natured, talkative and larger-than-life. They suspect that I must be hiding something, for example, or that it must all be some sort of construct, or I must be over-compensating for something... they find it hard to believe that it's entirely possible that I might just be this way simply because it is the way I am.

Personally, I think it's inevitable that you will upset and intimidate a few people if you want to get anything done, if you want to be useful, if you want to make progress, if you want some sort of glory. People hated Jesus, and Gandhi, and The Beatles...

Some people are just intimidated by success.
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

^Fantastic response!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    ...Jesus, and Gandhi, and The Beatles...
    Oh my!

Oberon

Though I fully believe myself to be pretty thoroughly ENTP, I'm about as intimidating as Spongebob Squarepants.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    When I need to get serious, or something I care about isn't being done. Most of the time I don't really care where life takes me, since I think life will just take me wherever and I'll just go along from there. If people are telling lies and I'm aware of it, I'll usually stay aloof, but I'll nonchalantly call them out on that lie if I can. If it pisses me off enough, I'll just say 'You're fucking full of shit'. The reason for my aloofness...meh, it keeps me out of trouble, from worrying about pointless things, being like everyone else, etc.
    I forgot to mention this as well. I can turn on the intimidation if I'm there to get something I want or to put someone in their place. Otherwise, I'm pretty uninvolved and will let nature take its course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Not trying to be intimidating, but not wanting anyone to get away with underestimating.
    This. As mentioned before, I'm not a big person, so while a lot of people will undermine me in a physical sense, I tend to come back and kick their asses with wit, which isn't expected. I'll even say stuff if it doesn't exactly go to their tune, no matter their size; however, to those who could break my neck with one arm, my tone is never recognized as "fighting words," just shooting the shit (as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    They suspect that I must be hiding something, for example, or that it must all be some sort of construct, or I must be over-compensating for something... they find it hard to believe that it's entirely possible that I might just be this way simply because it is the way I am.
    Absolutely. I nearly got into a fight (unknowingly) by saying hello to a random stranger on a porch while walking down the street. "Having a good night?" started a short conversation in which the person started shaking my hand, gripping it harder and harder, staring dead into my eyes. I just kept smiling, oblivious to the fact he was ready to pull me to the ground. We're friends now.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

LOL I thought this thread was about how the heck you do to intimidate ENTPs
    I'd very much like to know. I mean... I have done that, but they never show it when I do and they've got some weird stuff about not backing down even if they're wrong.
    So, tell me, how do I intimidate ENTPs so much that they jump out of their skins?
    Short of shooting kneecaps, holding infants out of windows etc, that is.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've been called intimidating more times than I can count. I'm not sure why.
    I think it's because I come off as really chilled out and friendly... until I open my mouth. I guess because I am very to-the-point with my choice of words and I always carry myself with confidence.
    But I think I'm a really nice and easy going person.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I'd very much like to know. I mean... I have done that, but they never show it when I do and they've got some weird stuff about not backing down even if they're wrong.
    So, tell me, how do I intimidate ENTPs so much that they jump out of their skins?
    Short of shooting kneecaps, holding infants out of windows etc, that is.
    I've never backed down from anything, ever, if I believe in what I am saying. I'm not afraid of anyone.
    But if I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong. This does not mean that I've backed down though. I've only just let you score a point.