User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: INTP's and fear

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lbloom View Post
    Most "scary" movies bore me to tears.
    Haha. Most of them run out of things to 'scare' people with. It's always the same stuff, over, and over, and over again....
    I: 78% N: 88% T: 66% J: 44%
    Enneagram: The Reformer/The Investigator
    Global 5:RCOEI

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by chippinchunk View Post

Do any other INTP's or INTJ's (for the hell of it) get scared too easliy and try to deny it?
    I've been around a few INTJ's and INTP's in my life, also being one myself... and I would say there is definitely no positive correlation between INTx's and getting scared easily. If anything, their heightened sense of reality has given them a better understanding of why not to be afraid in most situations.

Also, absolutely no real correlation between the shyness being a fear outside of a lack of experience. They seem to make themselves think this is a type of fear... but in my opinion they just haven't been exposed to the many world situations to release that social innocence.

However, I have noticed that INTx's to like to get scared for fun, but it's never an actual fear, it's more like a fun fear.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

The price of imagination is fear. If the capacity for imagination is great, the possibility of fear is great.

The only solution to fear is action. With experience, one learn to overcome this fear through courage.

If imagination -> fear -> action, then cut out fear all together to then have imagination -> action.

Just reorient that power of imagination not into creating possibility of failure, but for possibilities for success.

"Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom" - Marilyn Ferguson

Children to not understand fear as adults do, they are taught this. This is why they will act on their imaginations. It's part of their charm and why some people give the advice to be like children again.

By acting on imagination instead of fear, one cultivates a vision. This is a mark of a leader.

"It's one of the characteristics of a leader that he not doubt for one moment the capacity of the people he's leading to realize whatever he's dreaming. " Ben Zander

The best form of persuasion is through story telling. The sharing of a dream. And followers always love to be part of something great, to have purpose, to live within a vision, a dream.

Remove this fear, and remove the doubt. The side effect of this is that it leads to happiness.

Everyone has the capacity for imagination, hence the capacity for fear. For intuitive types, this may be more pronounced. Protect it and guard it from negative thoughts.

MBTI
    YaYa

I do this also.

Maybe stems from watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Nightmare on Elm street in 3rd grade.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by cdal233 View Post
    However, I have noticed that INTx's to like to get scared for fun, but it's never an actual fear, it's more like a fun fear.
    I cannot relate to this statement in even the slightest manner. Fear induces stress and/or triggers the adrenaline glands. Neither of these outcomes is desirable in non-hostile environments. Bother have adverse effects. I prefer to only experience this effects when the positive effects outweigh them. (IE: Life-saving adrenaline is good when your life is actually threatened.)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Emptiness View Post
    I'm scared of two things: Spiders and unwanted pregnancy.
    I am also scared of ISTJ's and of being stupid. Ooh ooh, can I add admins to the list? They seem to follow me. *looks over shoulder and sees Ivy*.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by chippinchunk View Post
    Do any other women get scared too easliy and try to deny it?
    Fixed that for you. Blame society.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fear, no. I tend to get adrenaline rushes instead. In real life situations that is.

As for movies, last movie I felt a few chills down my spine is when I was zapping randomly, home alone, 1am. And turned to a channel with appeared to be a documentary that was going on from the start. Turned out to be a movie, but I watched the shit thinking it was a real documentary. Movie was called "Alien abduction at lakeview something" something. I was still a teenager at the time!

So that's a no, I don't feel fear when watching movies.

Call on me when I've met some real mind controlling aliens though. Maybe I'll have experienced fear again then. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It's hard for me to get scared.

As a matter of fact, what I consider a nightmare is just me showing up late for something in a dream.

I did have a dream once where I was watching a scary movie and was impressed that I actually felt a little frightened watching it.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
    Haha. Most of them run out of things to 'scare' people with. It's always the same stuff, over, and over, and over again....
    Seriously and it's so predictable I'll be sitting there watching this movie I never watched and be predicting every scene that's going to happen, he's gonna pop out, she's dead, he's dead, they're gonna live, the evil guy is him, it makes me start wondering if I should go into directing movies myself. At least I already know what is played out.