User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type is the most brainiac?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

19 55.88%
  • INTJ

9 26.47%
  • ENTP

4 11.76%
  • ENTJ

2 5.88%
123 Last

Default Most Brainiac type?

Which type is exhibits the brainiac traits, or mostly likely be called a brainiac?

my personal definitions of a Brainiac:
    highly intelligent person
    genius level intellect with much higher IQ than even the high average
    pure thinker
    problem solver
    want to learn everything about the universe and accumulate all forms of information
    most likely socially inept or introverted
    gifted in at least several of the pure science and engineering fields, including physics chemsitry and biology
    have some major similarities with the superman villain brainiac, either in terms of motivations or intellect
    algorithimic thinking
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

hard to choose between entp and intp, but i voted intp because i suspect that intps are brainiacs slightly more often
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Oberon

INTP all the way, guys. ENTPs can also be very bright, but they're not as totally consumed with Ti.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    INTP all the way, guys. ENTPs can also be very bright, but they're not as totally consumed with Ti.
    but thats because they dont need to. (assuming that the entp is a smart one) they can get answers more finished by Ne perception, so they dont need to use Ti as much to get to same result on things that need intelligence. Intps on the other hand cant get as finished thoughts just from perception(and they dont trust on Ne as much without really thinking it with Ti first), so they need to apply more Ti to finish the thought
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Oberon

Going by stereotype, it's the ENTP entrepreneur who will hire the other three types in your poll... The INTPs for R&D, Engineering, and other technical work, the ENTJs for middle management, and the INTJs for the accounting office.

While the ENTJs are keeping things running smoothly at the office, the ENTP is taking three-hour lunches to schmooze with clients and occasionally bang the INTPs' xNFx wives.

You really shouldn't let an ENTP into your business unless you keep a close eye on him.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

INTPs. At least from online interaction, INTPs seem to be by far the most coldly analytical of the 16 types, followed perhaps by INTJs. They're also the type most interested in traditional "braniac" subjects such as science and mathematics.

Going by stereotype, it's the ENTP entrepreneur who will hire the other three types in your poll... The INTPs for R&D, Engineering, and other technical work, the ENTJs for middle management, and the INTJs for the accounting office.
    ENTPs aren’t generally entrepreneurs and I can’t imagine an ENTJ settling for middle management. Even an INTJ would probably step up to leadership if they felt that the ENTP wasn’t handling those three hours effectively.

-If the Big Five results are to be correlated with MBTI, it would seem that ESTJs are actually the most commonly successful entrepreneurs, followed closely behind by ENTJs, by ISTJs, and then by INTJs. P types generally cannot work for up to 12 hours per day for 5 years or more, on one project, which is often what’s required for a business start up.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd say INTP is most likely, followed by INTJ. Much of the brainiac description also sounds like it comes right out of an INTP type description. The exception would be the part about the superman villian brainiac and the algorithmic thinking. Villians, I see typically as more NTJ like. The algorithmic thinking I associate more with Te.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

The opening post is a blatant setup for introverts, case in point, socially inept or introverted.

It's a tossup between INTPs and INTJs. They're both intense thinkers but in different ways. INTJs are more creative solutions oriented individuals which in the worst case scenario can be too narrow a focus, therefore, potentially missing important pieces of information through confirmation bias. INTPs have the exact opposite problem, where the focus can be too wide and everchanging, never reaching a solution.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'd say any of them. That including SJs, NFs and SPs.
    While I personally haven't met any intelligent ESFPs, it is still more than probable that they exist, even if rare.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP

While the ENTJs are keeping things running smoothly at the office, the ENTP is taking three-hour lunches to schmooze with clients and occasionally bang the INTPs' xNFx wives.

You really shouldn't let an ENTP into your business unless you keep a close eye on him.
    One of the nicest confirmations of true friendship came when my INTJ friend warned me that trying to start a business with him would be one of the worst possible moves I could make (despite the apparent immediate benefits), just because he knew ahead of time that he was destined to completely fuck me over eventually. That is a true friend.