• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most Brainiac type?

Which type is the most brainiac?

• INTP

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • INTJ

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which type is exhibits the brainiac traits, or mostly likely be called a brainiac?

my personal definitions of a Brainiac:
highly intelligent person
genius level intellect with much higher IQ than even the high average
pure thinker
problem solver
want to learn everything about the universe and accumulate all forms of information
most likely socially inept or introverted
gifted in at least several of the pure science and engineering fields, including physics chemsitry and biology
have some major similarities with the superman villain brainiac, either in terms of motivations or intellect
algorithimic thinking
...What's the point of the poll?
If part of you're definition of 'brainiac' is someone who is automatically assumed NT, socially inept or introverted and acts like some supervillain in superman when is it that one may trust the accuracy of assumptions your mind applies?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Gave it more thought

ENTJ are definitely the most Brainic, yenom.

Last edited:

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
Yeah ESFP, for sure. Definately ESFP, without a doubt. If you don't understand why, it's because you can't fathom it yet. It'll make sense eventually, give it time. I'll wait.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've noticed that a lot of NTs presume that they're smarter than they are just because they're NTs.

What about the millions upon millions of NT's that have no idea what "NT" even means (i.e., they know nothing about MBTI) - do they still "presume that they're smarter than they are just because they're NTs"?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What about the millions upon millions of NT's that have no idea what "NT" even means (i.e., they know nothing about MBTI) - do they still "presume that they're smarter than they are just because they're NTs"?

MBTI type is not a measure of intelligence, and I have noticed that an alarming number of self-typed NTs on typology forums presume they are smarter than other people, even when they are only of average intelligence, sorely lacking in education, and/or blathering about complete nonsense.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I will agree with Marmalade. Logical, or even coherent thought does not necessarily subscribe intelligence. We could say it's a likelihood, but that's a case by case theory.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
MBTI type is not a measure of intelligence, and I have noticed that an alarming number of self-typed NTs on typology forums presume they are smarter than other people, even when they are only of average intelligence, sorely lacking in education, and/or blathering about complete nonsense.

Fair enough. I see what you're saying. It would be like thinking that NF's are more emotionally adept just because they are NF or SJ's thinking they are the most practical and have the most common sense just because they are SJ.

Disclaimer: I have an IQ of 33 and I often "blather" about complete nonsense. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fair enough. I see what you're saying. It would be like thinking that NF's are more emotionally adept just because they are NF or SJ's thinking they are the most practical and have the most common sense just because they are SJ.

Yeah some NFs are total wackos and there are SJs who make no fucking sense at all. By the same token, not all NTs are brilliant.

Disclaimer: I have an IQ of 33 and I often "blather" about complete nonsense. :)

Are you getting defensive about this? I wonder why...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh ok.

Well don't mind me. I am one of those wacko NFs. :D

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Yeah some NFs are total wackos and there are SJs who make no fucking sense at all. By the same token, not all NTs are brilliant.
An NT who lacks intelligence, an NF with a low EQ, and an SJ who can’t function in society. That kind of sound like an accountant whose poor at math, in that I’d imagine that these theoretical individuals would be pretty sparse on positive traits. I have to wonder how they would actually go about forming anything resembling a living in society, since they don’t appear to have anything competitive, neither a talent or a specialty above the norm, to offer. An unintelligent NT, by nature, would rely on his subpar intelligence to such an extent that he’d fall straight to the bottom of the socio-economical ladder. Marmalade.sunrise, could you please share the reasoning behind your assertion? Not that I particularly disagree with it, but it seems as if it’d be outside of the norm.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
An NT who lacks intelligence, an NF with a low EQ, and an SJ who can’t function in society. That kind of sound like an accountant whose poor at math, ...

You'ld be surprised to know what else people can lack

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well the formidable teacher who worked 15 years at school as the perfect guy everyone liked and then goes amok and kills everybody and noone understands why..

The thing is, all these assesments like NTs are intelligent or NFs are empathic are static. And to me a human being is way to dynamic to ever be called anything, but "this is another human being". The accountant who is good at his job today, can be bad tomorrow because the requirements have changed. Does this make him have a lesser IQ over nite ?

If you say: "an NT who would rely on his subpar intelligence by nature would fall right down to the socio-economical bottom of the ladder" this is a quality rating that is 1-dimensional and static. You wouldnt even know if he may not do the exact opposite like he's so dumb that he's actually funny and becomes a rich comedian.

I'ld be cautious with any generalizations one could make about people one has never met. Life aint just 16 types with a high IQ or high EQ. It's far far more complicated