User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which type is the most brainiac?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

19 55.88%
  • INTJ

9 26.47%
  • ENTP

4 11.76%
  • ENTJ

2 5.88%
First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah some NFs are total wackos and there are SJs who make no fucking sense at all. By the same token, not all NTs are brilliant.
    Agree.

Are you getting defensive about this? I wonder why...
    Not at all. I was just joking.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh ok.

Well don't mind me. I am one of those wacko NFs.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah some NFs are total wackos and there are SJs who make no fucking sense at all. By the same token, not all NTs are brilliant.
    An NT who lacks intelligence, an NF with a low EQ, and an SJ who can’t function in society. That kind of sound like an accountant whose poor at math, in that I’d imagine that these theoretical individuals would be pretty sparse on positive traits. I have to wonder how they would actually go about forming anything resembling a living in society, since they don’t appear to have anything competitive, neither a talent or a specialty above the norm, to offer. An unintelligent NT, by nature, would rely on his subpar intelligence to such an extent that he’d fall straight to the bottom of the socio-economical ladder. Marmalade.sunrise, could you please share the reasoning behind your assertion? Not that I particularly disagree with it, but it seems as if it’d be outside of the norm.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    An NT who lacks intelligence, an NF with a low EQ, and an SJ who can’t function in society. That kind of sound like an accountant whose poor at math, ...
    You'ld be surprised to know what else people can lack
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You'ld be surprised to know what else people can lack
    What would you have in mind?
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well the formidable teacher who worked 15 years at school as the perfect guy everyone liked and then goes amok and kills everybody and noone understands why..

The thing is, all these assesments like NTs are intelligent or NFs are empathic are static. And to me a human being is way to dynamic to ever be called anything, but "this is another human being". The accountant who is good at his job today, can be bad tomorrow because the requirements have changed. Does this make him have a lesser IQ over nite ?

If you say: "an NT who would rely on his subpar intelligence by nature would fall right down to the socio-economical bottom of the ladder" this is a quality rating that is 1-dimensional and static. You wouldnt even know if he may not do the exact opposite like he's so dumb that he's actually funny and becomes a rich comedian.

I'ld be cautious with any generalizations one could make about people one has never met. Life aint just 16 types with a high IQ or high EQ. It's far far more complicated
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]