User Tag List

123 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Default Do You Feel Much In Your Dreams?

I was talking with this to some people at work. The main conversation was about weird dreams in general, but when looking at most of my dreams I'm extremely detached from myself. Even when I am myself in my dreams I don't really feel anything, emotions mainly and I didn't know if this was something others have felt as well. I find it strange .

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I've been dreaming a lot when I was a child but then I seized to do that. Just lately at older age I started to dream again. I figured always when a lot in my life is changing and I have to process a lot of new information the dreaming gets more extensive. What I did do all over the time is dreaming about a thing thats on my mind to fall asleep. Like a new toy as a kid or a thing I want to build.

Detached I get the moment I notice it is a dream, but this usually takes time. My gf suffers from heavy nightmares sometimes and this happened even three times in only one night. Then I wonder why she wont recognize while sleeping it's just a dream. But I guess the use of a Feeling function does p√ľlay a pivotal role in this. I know from myself that what I can feel, feels more real to me and nightmares tend to know exactly what scares the crap out of me. So when waking up then drenched in sweat and so shocked I cant fall asleep again for the rest of the night.

I dont think you're retarded in some way because you feel detached from your dreams, I basically think dreaming is a brains way to cope with things and the dreams meaning itself doesnt really tell you what the brain actually is doing right now. I find people who interprete dreams hilarious, I of course could believe that a dream means something if I want to, but I dont want to. I think it comes in phases, sometimes you are more detached and sometimes you will be more involved, one thing's for sure tho: everybody dreams and when you get older and life changes for you, I promise you the nightmares will come back
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Interesting topic.

I experience intense feelings in a lot of my dreams - to the point where I wake up still overwhelmed by them and it takes me a few minutes to come to my senses. Rarely do I even come close to feeling anything like that in my awake world.

I've read that if you don't jerk off enough, it will increase your chances of having wet dreams, since that's your body's way of "releasing the pressure valve". I think the same happens to me with my feelings - since they are firmly suppressed in my day to day life, they burst out while I'm dreaming.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Wow. Edgar has feelings.

I suspected this all along.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Wow. Edgar has feelings.

I suspected this all along.
    Yeah, and men can lactate. What of it.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's okay to have feelings.

There's nothing wrong or weird about it.

*watches as edgar runs to hide*

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I sometimes feel emotions in my dreams, but not often. A lot of my dreams are actually sex dreams (See Edgars post) and they are rarely emotive experiences.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Most of my dreams concern tragic happenings (deaths, losses, failures etc.). Even so, like ReflecttcelfeR, I usually feel nothing in my dreams.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

For me, my dreams are pure perception and impulse. I may emerge from dreams with realizations that have emotional content though. But I don't think I experience "feeling" while I am asleep.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't remember much of my dreams, but from what I do remember, I feel things, and often strongly feel. I think my dreams are a way of accessing my deep down feelings on things that I tend to suppress in real life.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne