User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I don't know, I don't dream very often and I tend to not remember much details often, so it is a bit difficult for me to tell. I don't know if I feel much in dreams. I think I do in a way, but maybe it feels less intense, although my actions in the dream still are influenced by then. Actually I think all of the few dreams I had in the last time (which is months or even years) revolved more or less around the same topic, and since it has a strong emotional value for me it has to influence my actions in dreams.

MBTI
    ENTP

Dreams are an open door to your inner self.
    I often think about my dreams, because I find them quite fascinating.
    I have intense feelings in most of my dreams.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I've thought some more about this. Usually I don't feel much in my dreams but there are exceptions. A few times I felt deeply emotional in a fantasy dream with someone I had a crush on, and it wasn't really sexual. And very occasionally, I will feel very happy, or at least have happy memories of the dream after waking. Most of the time, though, the only recognisable strong emotion is fear. A few times I had this really weird thing where I was terrified of something in my dream and then when I woke up I was in a state of extreme confusion, paranoia and soul-sucking fear, and I was hyperventilating and everything, and I felt like something was coming after me, but I had only the vaguest memory of what. That was weird.

A few times I had a dream where I tried over and over using various punches, kicks, etc. to kill an invincible baby/cat that was trying to kill me. Those were some crazy dreams. I'm not normally a sadist.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Usually dreams for me are just bizarre visual experiences or me in strange but ultimately harmless situations (like putting a carton of ice cream in every tree along Highway 5, or sitting on top of a flying airplane while petting 9 cats).

But I get very violent, graphic and loud, moving nightmares a few times a year... usually about being locked somewhere in a car with a rabid human (who was dying violently and shaking me and biting me inside the locked car, her eye whites turning completely blood red and rolling back into her skull), or like last night, being chased by a huge komodo dragon in my living room who lunged at me and my friend. I shoved my friend in front of me so the dragon would bite her first, and with that one bite, which manifested in a bullet-like hole, she hemorraghed into a pile of fleshy, bloody, mushed pulp. Screams and all. And then when my friend dissolved in front of me and I was backed up against the wall, I realized that I'd be next (and the pain would be unbearable and I'd watch my whole body crumble into jello and probably go to hell, lol) and I woke up, heart pounding.

This usually happens when I have a project due that I'd been procrastinating on.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

ReflecTcelfeR

New Dream Alert:

A few days ago I had a rather demented dream, but I thought I might share it. I didn't feel too much in the dream, but I did awake with a very peculiar feeling. The dream starts out with me having previous knowledge of murdering the girls family, except her. Two of my friends/co-workers were arresting me, when they get entranced by this video game, which all three of us were in. We're in the game playing and die in the game at which time they start to take me away. Apparently I knew that I was in a dream because the last thing I say is "I don't have to worry about this because I know when I wake up this won't have happened." this is when I woke up.... And was late for my class. Very strange and I'm still trying to figure out the purpose behind it. I can vaguely remember feeling in my dream, but it was the emotion I had waking up that was strange.

Last night's dream reminded me of Inception, where a real life impossible relationship morphed into a lasting, positive relationship. The sadness and longing felt when I woke up reminded me of the vibe from Cobb.

Impossible "what could have beens if only", have got to be the worst.
    Posted this in another thread. The emotions within the dream were soaring, wide-open happiness, delight and euphoria. The emotions post waking up were devastating sorrow and longing.

So yes, NTs do feel. Some of us wish we didn't.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Posted this in another thread. The emotions within the dream were soaring, wide-open happiness, delight and euphoria. The emotions post waking up were devastating sorrow and longing.

So yes, NTs do feel. Some of us wish we didn't.
    I've had those dreams a few times..

I still remember the most realistic one, 2 years later.

I was so oddly and awkwardly heartbroken waking up...

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I've had those dreams a few times..

I still remember the most realistic one, 2 years later.

I was so oddly and awkwardly heartbroken waking up...
    Yes, strangely enough, the other person wasn't a realistic version of who he was in real life. A projection just like Cobb's projection of Mal.

This is the longest the emotional effects of any dream has lasted. I can still feel it strongly. As a guess, this dream is meaningful to my subconscious. To what symbolic extent, I'll have to figure out.

figsfiggyfigs

well, at the time I had that dream, I was not involved, nor was I interested in anyone what so ever, this is what makes it so interesting.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Rarely do I dream.
    Often my dreams are devoid of feeling and mostly centered on visuals.
    Talking isn't prevelant in my dreams either.
    Its mostly me, women, buildings, rooms, fun and hints at Inception.