User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I tend to remember everything from my dreams even though they change during my sleep. Sometimes I am not aware of it being a dream because it feels so real. When I get hurt in my dream I really feel pain and sometimes it wakes me. Then the pain is gone but the tears are stil to be foundl on my pillow, and I remember being shot or something. A few weeks ago I dreamt some guy shot me and it took ages for me to die and wake up. it was cruel
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    ENTP

Sometimes yes! Mostly frustrated and angry or extremely sad.
    Frustrated because I would never reach the goal before the dream would end.
    Sad... I woke up weeping after something really ridiculous (I've forgotten the dream already). The first thing I thought when I woke up was - this doesn't make any sense! You should laugh at it! But I couldn't stop myself - I was immensely sad, never mind the 'reason' was just a dream and even not a very sad one!
    Strangest thing is, the night before that I dreamed that I had a spontaneous abortion and I felt just a bit annoyed by the fact everything was covered in blood and would be a pain to clean up. Also I was thinking about how to break it to husband - the cleaning up problem, that is. No sadness at all. Emotions are weird, especially in dreams.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I experience intense feelings in a lot of my dreams - to the point where I wake up still overwhelmed by them and it takes me a few minutes to come to my senses.
    That.

ReflecTcelfeR

Reading over this I begin to wonder if the more expressive you are when you're awake effects how much you feel (mainly emotions again as I for some reason I don't think it's possible not to feel physical impulses no matter how hard one tries) in the dream. Like Edgar mentioned, could it be a valve? I also believe the theories that some of you brought up about the events that you can't figure out in waking life are being connected while asleep, or at least you are still trying to abstract your way through the thoughts. I suppose these make sense for me as I am rather emotive, I try not to hold back the emotions I have, or feel and I do my best to think about my day, though you still dream, I remember none of it. I try to put the pieces together before sleep. Does any of this ring true to others?

Interesting topic.

I experience intense feelings in a lot of my dreams - to the point where I wake up still overwhelmed by them and it takes me a few minutes to come to my senses. Rarely do I even come close to feeling anything like that in my awake world.

I've read that if you don't jerk off enough, it will increase your chances of having wet dreams, since that's your body's way of "releasing the pressure valve". I think the same happens to me with my feelings - since they are firmly suppressed in my day to day life, they burst out while I'm dreaming.
    I agree with this although in real life, there have been periods of intense connections and emotions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Most of my dreams concern tragic happenings (deaths, losses, failures etc.).
    Same here, but...

Even so, like ReflecttcelfeR, I usually feel nothing in my dreams.
    My dreams can be emotionally excruciating, for lack of a better term. I feel far more acute senses of fear, disgust, disappointment, embarrassment, etc than during consciousness. Occasionally I'll awaken with my pulse racing in a near-panic. This sensation isn't a "night terror" (I've had those too, much more rarely). Rather it is a direct reaction to the imagery and emotional provocation of my dream state.

What really sucks is that this can often ruin an otherwise perfectly decent night's sleep.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

My dreams are, for the most part, extremely intense. Some of the emotions I feel in my dreams will carry on into my day sometimes, which causes me to wonder 'Why do I feel so happy/sad/angry/hopeless/hopeful today? Nothing really happened, just an ordinary day, but that dream I had last night was so weird and intense.' Even if I don't remember the dream, I know I usually wake up feeling however I did about the dream.

It can get really bad, as events in the dreams can get easily confused with events in real life, and then I start doing things that my dreams told me to do...oh wait...that's not schizophrenia, is it?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I often fluctuate between the intensity of my dreams. It's split pretty evenly and I've noticed that the happenings in my dreams correlate with the occurrences of my day.
    The days where I'm feeling exceptionally detached and do everything within my power to block out my feelings, I tend to dream horrific intense things that leave me in a confusing place when I wake up. I wake up unsure what is reality because the dream was so real, and emotionally upsetting, that I can't remember for the briefest moment if it all really happened.
    The days where I allow myself to talk about how I'm feeling, I dream surreal events -- generally still having to do with the negativity or positivity of the emotions, but it's in a way where I know I'm dreaming and remain completely detached.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    I agree with this although in real life, there have been periods of intense connections and emotions.
    hmmm.. interesting how INTJs seem to experience intense emotions during dreams, while INTP dreams seem to be lacking emotions.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

hmmm.. interesting how INTJs seem to experience intense emotions during dreams, while INTP dreams seem to be lacking emotions.
    I was noticing that as well. I have not felt emotion beyond fear or joy in any of my dreams (to the best of my recolectionthat is) but I have felt physical sensation before (grabbing items, being kicked, falling, etc...)
    One thing that's always irked me is when I dream I've found a rather large sum of money and hold onto it, when I awake my hand is still clutched and due to the recent grog of sleep I hope. This hope is always immediately and completely dashed to my dismay when I open my hand and fully realize how ridiculus my expectation has been.
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"