12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

Default Of caring and the lack of it

I have drawn several conclusions lately, firstly of which is that I just fundamentally don't care. I realize the few times I care about things there are some questions I ask myself subconciously. I ask things such as, is there money coming my way from this? is this important to me? am I interested beyond the puzzle of the situation/question/statement? I find most of the time the answears I get back are a flat no. Primarilly this has helped me learn patients beyond my years, tolerance, flexibility, and has greatly decreased stress in my life.

I'm not really asking a question, but I am curious as to how other people figure out were they invest their time and attention and mental wellbeing. Their caring.
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"

MBTI
    ISFJ

The one thing I consistently care about aside from other people, is my freedom. Freedom to do what I want in the moment, whether it is financial freedom, if I have to borrow the car from someone, ditching class etc.

MBTI
    intp

I don't invest anytime on anything if I know I don't get anything out of it. My mind these days just don't care about anything and it feels really good but empty at the same time. I think for INTP you have to have almost impossible goal. Like I'm smart but I don't ever educate myself on small things. I use all my energy on that ONE impossible goal that no one ever achieved.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think I'm the opposite from the people who have posted so far, perhaps as you'd expect from my type. I find myself caring a great deal about many things that I either 1) stress out and wonder what to do or 2) seriously prioritize. I go about prioritizing mostly through "gut feel" (Ni?), and make sure that the logic follows (can I pay the bills? am I overcommitting? is the effect on my family one that I am okay with? does this get me to the next step?).

I'm guessing this discussion isn't about people, just about things?

MBTI
    intP

I'm indifferent to whether I care or not.

Seriously, though... I put good effort into doing stuff (studying for a test, pushing through a 5k, lifting heavy things regularly) and I get disappointed with myself if I don't perform. That means I care, right?

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by suttree View Post
    I'm indifferent to whether I care or not.

Seriously, though... I put good effort into doing stuff (studying for a test, pushing through a 5k, lifting heavy things regularly) and I get disappointed with myself if I don't perform. That means I care, right?
    Tangental, but there. I used to force myself not to care, now my apathy has changed to your position as well. If I care then I analyze that, if I didn't then there was a reason for that. This seems natural to me though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    I'm guessing this discussion isn't about people, just about things?
    You're guessing right, sort of, I do not generally seperate the two but I did mean things primarily. If yo would like to includepeople into the equation then by all means feel free to do so.
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Mostly i care a great deal about things and people. I feel strongly about humankind in general and my friends and family.
    Actual things as in objects i have no great affection for unless sentimental, i'm not materialistic in the slightest so my goals are not money orientated.
    Although at times i feel incredibly apathetic, the whole world could implode and i just wouldn't give a shit...but thats rare.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

I knew an INTP started this thread

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I knew an INTP started this thread
    Doesnt that scare you ? I mean being a drone to predictability ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]