User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I think romantically, ENTJs would be better fit with INTPs. Both are dominant thinkers and intuitive, but with orientation reversed.
    Shadow fascination! Almost narcissistic if you think about it.

Unless both these types have well developed Fe and Fi, it's not going to work. Meltdown of inferior feeling functions are not a pretty sight.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Because it follows the important conventions of MBTI relationship advice:

The perceiving function the same (N), the rest of the functions the opposite (all but E, in this case).

According to those rules, the best mate for an ENTJ is an INFP, and I guess it was an ENFP that caught their interest instead. It's not a hard rule, but the perceiving function rule is almost always true. But...

Yeah. So...
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist
    Likes Alassea liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Ditto.

Arcligh, you need to read about NLP.
    I am practicing EFT myself.. NLP uses EFT at times.. But do you care to elaborate why? Its great to tell me what I need, and I am open to suggestion. But you are going to have to sell me something, before I just take your word for it

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Shadow fascination! Almost narcissistic if you think about it.

Unless both these types have well developed Fe and Fi, it's not going to work. Meltdown of inferior feeling functions are not a pretty sight.
    The opposites attract colloquialism may sound good in theory but realistically it's horrible. I honestly wonder if it was created to justify pairings in which the two people only had sexual lust in common. According to one study that I came into contact with, the majority of successful relationships involve partners who share all but one letter, with N being the most important, followed by partners who share every one of the four letters. The frequency of successful relationships then decreases gradually until opposite types relationships are placed dead last. I also tend to find myself agreeing with the below three pages:

http://www.entjpersonality.info/2010...tionships.html
    http://tastyresearch.com/2007/08/25/...ilar-partners/
    http://www.divorceandfamilylawblog.c...t-does-it.html

That said, ENTJs and ENFPs make brilliant friends since their shared Intuitive functions mean that they hold a large amount of the same values, such as creativity and imagination, in high regard.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think romantically, ENTJs would be better fit with INTPs. Both are dominant thinkers and intuitive, but with orientation reversed. ENFPs, on the other hand, are best fit with INFJs and INTJs.
    I would definitely not fit with an INTP. We'd drive each other crazy. I don't take well criticism from INTPs, and believe me they do dish out a lot of that (perhaps I deserve it - I don't know). I generally prefer feeling types, they give some spaz to the relationship.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp
    Likes Alassea liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

yeah, Te and Fi.

i recently realized a good family friend of mine (she's the mom in the family, her daughter being around my age (maybe 23 or something)) - is an ENTJ, and we get along well. we're both curious about everything... plus she's hella curious about everything to do with people and i like talking about myself, so that works out.

my mom (ESFJ) sometimes jokingly calls her "the interrogator" and gets really frustrated with her for it sometimes, but i dunno, it doesn't bother me. she's up front and easy to talk with. i think her sense of humor is kind of offensive to some people but i find it entertaining. she and my INTP dad get along great, too - they were med school pals. not that i never get annoyed with her, but as far as people go, i'd rather be stuck in an elevator with her over a lot of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy
    ENFPs, on the other hand, are best fit with INFJs and INTJs.
    eh. i get along very well with INTJs and ENFJs, but not so much INFJs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    eh. i get along very well with INTJs and ENFJs, but not so much INFJs.
    Well, of course I'm speaking generally. It doesn't necessarily apply on an individual level. While my ideal mate is an ENFP, or failing that, an ENTP, the best way to go about finding somebody isn't to go by type, but to just meet somebody you like, get to know them, and then once you do know their type, use the information you know about that type to improve your interactions with them.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I am practicing EFT myself.. NLP uses EFT at times.. But do you care to elaborate why? Its great to tell me what I need, and I am open to suggestion. But you are going to have to sell me something, before I just take your word for it
    Because hormones are not the end all be all of human interaction anymore than atoms are ("oooh, atoms are everywhere and they are all involved so I need to understand how atoms work in order to understand human interaction". does that make sense to you?).

NLP talks about the importance of body language. I can't pick up on your hormones, but I can pick up on your body language, and it influences me much more directly. It's just an example though.

Bottom line, mention hormones one more time and we better take this outside.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

If only people were as intelligent as you and Bill Nye.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Well, of course I'm speaking generally. It doesn't necessarily apply on an individual level. While my ideal mate is an ENFP, or failing that, an ENTP, the best way to go about finding somebody isn't to go by type, but to just meet somebody you like, get to know them, and then once you do know their type, use the information you know about that type to improve your interactions with them.
    oh, sure.

though what i've seen with ENFP-INFJ relations - ranging from online discussion to IRL - is that it has the capacity to go really excellent, or really horribly, more so than a lot of pairings.

i just wanted to point out that i don't fit that pattern, because, after all, if enough people don't fit a pattern, then it really isn't a pattern at all. Si skepticism i suppose