User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Questions for INTJs and ENTJs

I've been having trouble trying to understand the differences between ENTJs and INTJs.

More specifically, how does the transition between E and I create the uniqueness between the two types?

INTJs:

In a conference/meeting with many people - would you be the person actively participating and sharing your thoughts, or passively listening and taking in all the information?

Are you more comfortable with small-talk? Or getting into a deep conversation with one person you really know?

When working with other people - do you stick firmly with your principles, or become flexible and reasonable to accommodate others suggestions?

When you spend a lot of time alone or in your head - are you perfectly OKAY with that? Or are you craving and itching to find someone to share your thoughts with?

ENTJs:

When someone is speaking to you - do you stare directly into their eyes, or look around and and move your eyes a lot.

^^ I personally can't seem to stare directly into a persons eyes like a laser beam (if feels uncomfortable).

Are you generally considered a "nice" person to be around?

Thanks in advance for sharing everyone!
    got chaos?

Subscribed. Anybody care to answer?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

When someone is speaking to you - do you stare directly into their eyes, or look around and and move your eyes a lot.
    Yep. I make direct eye contact.

Yep. I'm considered to be almost rediculously polite. I also rarely encounter a chance to get into debates with people in the real world since people rarely discuss abstract or political issues that I actually feel passionately about.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

Most often, eye contact is preferable but within reason. It's not as if it's a staring contest. It's okay to blink and look away sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    In a conference/meeting with many people - would you be the person actively participating and sharing your thoughts, or passively listening and taking in all the information?
    I cannot answer that categorically. It depends on the nature of the conference, my role in it and what kind of thoughts we are talking about. If, for instance, everything important is being said by other people, I have no need to rephrase their words just to say something; I might, however, actively support them if there is still controversy about it. I usually listen before I speak and share mainly thoughts or concerns no one else has yet talked about.

Are you more comfortable with small-talk? Or getting into a deep conversation with one person you really know?
    I find small talk ridiculous.

When working with other people - do you stick firmly with your principles, or become flexible and reasonable to accommodate others suggestions?
    There are different layers of principles, I suppose. I can be flexible to a certain degree, but there are limits I will not cross for anyone or -thing.

When you spend a lot of time alone or in your head - are you perfectly OKAY with that? Or are you craving and itching to find someone to share your thoughts with?
    I am perfectly okay with it. Only when something precious has come of my thoughts do I really feel the urge to share it with others.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

In both of them I always prefer to be quiet and listen first, in order to know the full scenario.

If I'm attending a conference, I'm there because it is related to my professional or academic interests, so, yes. But only with people who I find worth sharing my thoughts with.

The second one.

While I always stick to my principles when working with other people, I never close my mind to new ideas, because some of them can be turned into something useful to make a better job (e.g. a new work procedure).

Yes, my thoughts are my best company. Not to mention that I have a hard time to make people understand my ideas, since they are seen as unconventional by most of them. However, if I find someone who deserves the effort, I'll share them.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've been having trouble trying to understand the differences between ENTJs and INTJs.

More specifically, how does the transition between E and I create the uniqueness between the two types?

INTJs:

ENTJs:

^^ I personally can't seem to stare directly into a persons eyes like a laser beam (if feels uncomfortable).

Thanks in advance for sharing everyone!
    I usually listen at first, unless no-one is saying much, in which case I'll pitch in with some ideas to get things going. Basically, if I take control of a meeting it means nobody else was doing it. As much as anything, I'll scan through what comes up, looking for any implications, problems or opportunities that come up.

I rarely bother with small talk. I will sometimes engage in it with people I like, or just to be friendly, but I find that "small talk" spreads to cover a lot of toast, if you know what I mean.

Principals? I'm not sure if I have many of those. One of the few is that I prefer not to restrict peoples actions unless I actually see some real reason to do so. However, by the way you phrased the question, I'm guessing that what you really mean is "Do I listen to other peoples ideas". I do, though how I react to them depends on how useful I find them. My interest is more sparked by insights than ideas.

I don't know about the ENTJs, but I will certainly look straight into peoples eyes when talking seriously to people. It helps to focus there attention and makes it easier to read their reactions. I don't do it continually, of course. What would make people uncomfortable and possibly hostile.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

ThatGirl

I have no trouble making and holding eye contact with people. I usually end up being the center of attention somewhat, cracking jokes and guiding conversations in social situations where I feel comfortable. On superficial levels people generally enjoy my company and find me harmless, funny, and interesting. In more intimate situations....that isn't always the case.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

To the OP.

The real difference between Extroversion and Introversion is what defines a person.
    If you are defined by the external world, you're an extrovert.
    If you're defined from within, you're an introvert.
    That's basic Jung archetype stuff. Everyone here should know it.

Everything else is situational or individual, even if there are general types of introverts and extroverts.
    It's not right, or correct rather, to say, for example, that all introverts are shy or reluctant to talk, even if the time is right.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

INTJs:

Passively listening and taking in all the information.
    Deep conversations.
    It depends. If I am lead I will take things by my principles if I have any and see if I can align other's suggestions with them. If I cannot I will usually ignore it. If I am not in lead I will be flexible to other's thoughts.
    Usually these cases differ in that whenever there is certain work I find significant to me I will either work alone or be the leader of the group whereas if I find that it is insignificant I will generally go by what the other's say. I most likely will have no proper motivation to think up proper base principles for the work.
    Sometimes I will want someone to share my thoughts but I more often than not will be content with leaving my own thoughts to myself.