User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Default ENTJ anger/rage/annoyance.

How many ENTJs out there find themselves often consumed by rage?
    Maybe it's just a personal issue I have, but I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them. If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they dammit.

If anyone else out there feels that way, how do you deal with the hatred of people when they are fucking idiots without either a) blowing up or b) punching them in the face?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    Maybe it's just a personal issue I have, but I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them. If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they dammit.
    They are not ENTJs, wtf do you want from them?

If anyone else out there feels that way, how do you deal with the hatred of people when they are fucking idiots without either a) blowing up or b) punching them in the face?
    I've noticed that ENTJ women have A LOT more rage in them than ENTJ men. I'm guessing its because when society pushes on them for not being "feminine", they push back twice as hard. Also, most ENTJ women feel that their lives would have been easier if they were born as men.

So what I'm trying to say is... chill out, woman - you'll pop a blood vessel in your eye. Raging about shit you can't control won't do you any good. And yes, there things you can't control.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Get some professional counseling.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Mmm no, I also work out quite a lot so I'm pretty calm as far as emotions go. Although if you pester me for a long time I might become angry. Expectations? Well, I don't like when people are late...otherwise I don't have a lot of expectations I suppose.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Another for working out being a great release. The higher your stress level, the better you'll feel about getting rid of the excess through physical activity. I've noticed that my aggression level is much higher on the days where I don't work out.

It sounds like you're going through a rough time in your life. It might not be a bad time to consider some kind of anger and stress management course.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I find working out to be a wonderful relief from anger -- at first, I'm so frustrated that it pisses me off to work out, baha. But about an hour in, I forget why I was angry and feel much more at peace. At times, it is difficult to make time to devote to working out.

I also find that when I'm angry, I begin to obsess about it. I won't go about taking it out on other people, but internally it is all I can think about. How I will fix the situation that has made me upset, and how I can gain the control back over the situation. I tend to say things that I don't mean in order to further fuel the confrontation in hopes that by doing such, I will then have the upperhand over the other person. This often causes unrepairable rifts as no topic is off limits, no matter how cruel.

If the person doesn't respond to the confrontation, I begin to take extremes in order to socially isolate myself and stew in my thoughts. Bahaaa.

Working out is a very good idea though. Thanks.

Have you tried doing comparatives, where you match up seemingly important issues to really important issues? Sometimes that helps.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    INTp

I used to have anger issues, but I've calmed down a lot. Believe it or not it's easier to get what you want when you throw the person a bone here and there.
    I feel compelled to an end I cannot comprehend. Until I get there, not an army in the world will stop me. Once I am finished, a feather will suffice to destroy me."- Napoleon Bonaparte

INTX

I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them.
    If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they.
    This doesn't make much sense though, does it?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    This doesn't make much sense though, does it?
    How does that not make sense?

I have expectations of the people I surround myself with. I hold myself to those same standards within the friendship or relationship, therefore if I can meet those expectations they should as well.
    It's frustrating when they fail.