• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ anger/rage/annoyance.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
How many ENTJs out there find themselves often consumed by rage?
Maybe it's just a personal issue I have, but I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them. If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they dammit.

If anyone else out there feels that way, how do you deal with the hatred of people when they are fucking idiots without either a) blowing up or b) punching them in the face?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe it's just a personal issue I have, but I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them. If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they dammit.

They are not ENTJs, wtf do you want from them?

If anyone else out there feels that way, how do you deal with the hatred of people when they are fucking idiots without either a) blowing up or b) punching them in the face?

I've noticed that ENTJ women have A LOT more rage in them than ENTJ men. I'm guessing its because when society pushes on them for not being "feminine", they push back twice as hard. Also, most ENTJ women feel that their lives would have been easier if they were born as men.

So what I'm trying to say is... chill out, woman - you'll pop a blood vessel in your eye. Raging about shit you can't control won't do you any good. And yes, there things you can't control.

Jaguar

Get some professional counseling.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Mmm no, I also work out quite a lot so I'm pretty calm as far as emotions go. Although if you pester me for a long time I might become angry. Expectations? Well, I don't like when people are late...otherwise I don't have a lot of expectations I suppose.

rav3n

Another for working out being a great release. The higher your stress level, the better you'll feel about getting rid of the excess through physical activity. I've noticed that my aggression level is much higher on the days where I don't work out.

It sounds like you're going through a rough time in your life. It might not be a bad time to consider some kind of anger and stress management course.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I find working out to be a wonderful relief from anger -- at first, I'm so frustrated that it pisses me off to work out, baha. But about an hour in, I forget why I was angry and feel much more at peace. At times, it is difficult to make time to devote to working out.

I also find that when I'm angry, I begin to obsess about it. I won't go about taking it out on other people, but internally it is all I can think about. How I will fix the situation that has made me upset, and how I can gain the control back over the situation. I tend to say things that I don't mean in order to further fuel the confrontation in hopes that by doing such, I will then have the upperhand over the other person. This often causes unrepairable rifts as no topic is off limits, no matter how cruel.

If the person doesn't respond to the confrontation, I begin to take extremes in order to socially isolate myself and stew in my thoughts. Bahaaa.

Working out is a very good idea though. Thanks. :)

rav3n

Have you tried doing comparatives, where you match up seemingly important issues to really important issues? Sometimes that helps.

Koba

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to have anger issues, but I've calmed down a lot. Believe it or not it's easier to get what you want when you throw the person a bone here and there.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them.
If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they.

This doesn't make much sense though, does it?

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
This doesn't make much sense though, does it?

How does that not make sense?

I have expectations of the people I surround myself with. I hold myself to those same standards within the friendship or relationship, therefore if I can meet those expectations they should as well.
It's frustrating when they fail.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

My ex has bouts of rage like this and he's ESFJ. Having an anger problem has nothing to do with being ENTJ or ESTP (two types I initially considered for him out of ignorance.)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you possess the same abilities and natural talents as the people you surround yourself with? All of them? You know what you can do, so if you think you're a capable person, it is useful to hold high standards for yourself, but to use the same standards for everyone is not a wise thing to do.
Adjust your expectations in a certain field to your partner's skillset, be it lower or higher than yours. If they underachieve compared to your level, they may still function at 100%. If they underachieve compared to their own level, you have the right to feel they're not giving in everything.

Last edited:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I know an ENTJ who says that when they were younger they were a real loose cannon... and that when they saw someone doing graffitti, they knocked them out with a pole, dragged them out to the middle of nowhere and cut their index fingers off.

I'm not entirely sure if the whole story was true, though...

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I had the same issue before. Then after some casual thought, my life changed forever.

You must understand that you are extremely different. ENTJs are rare, women ENTJs are even more scarce - a fraction of a percent of the entire population. If it helps any, the mainstream ENTJ label is "The Executive"

You hold yourself to high standards of excellence. Instead of smoking pot and having a couple of fuck buddies over on the weekends - you naturally astray yourself from self-destructive activities, and pursue things in life that bring genuine happiness.

Academic achievement, business ventures, wealth, sophisticated recreational activities, traveling the world, creating value in the marketplace, etc...

If others can't nearly fulfill the foregoing, why is it your problem?

Are you a CEO burdened with the responsibility of leveraging a team of people to work synergistically at a deadline to bring in a profit that the board of directors and shareholders would like? Who are these people that your angry at?

If they don't mean anything for your personal development, cut them off.

If they can't fulfill your standards of excellence, you've already proven that your better.

In other words - TURN YOU ANGER INTO PROFIT.

Make something out of yourself. First and foremost - DO NOT follow the mainstream procedural guidelines for life: School, Work, Retire, Die.

Do something different. Start a business where the sky is the limit - be your own boss, get into the stock market, do something profitable. Then 10 years from now you can laugh at those others that FAILED, while you take sips of your margarita laying down on a beautiful beach in the Bahamas.

I used to be frustrated with life. Back then, I was lost and had no direction for my future. It escalated to the point of depression.

Now - I LOVE my life, I feel secure, worthy, confident, and constantly happy.

I can take a vacation whenever I want, I can see the world tomorrow. I have a passion and a love that happens to be my occupation. I own a business and am also a stockbroker - I generally have to get to work at 9 AM ----- INSTEAD, I wake up every day 4 AM because I'm that excited to get to it.

PASSION AND PROFIT = HAPPINESS.

Make the equation work, that's the bottom line.

unicorn010

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
N/A
I find it annoying when people have been waiting and making progress with what they have to reach a goal, and then everything else gets pushed in front of it at the last minute.
Not that it's always peoples fault because its the truth that things go wrong and stuff happens, but sometimes I just want to say it's not my fault that I want what I've worked for
and think I deserve it. Sometimes I wish I didn't care if that sounded selfish but I do

ENTJ

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

*reads post*
*glances at avatar*
*glances at the "MOVE bitch, get out the way, get out the way bitch, get out the WAY" signature*

ENTJs "bossy and scary"? Now wherever would people get such an idea? :thinking:

Last edited:
A

A window to the soul

*reads post*
*glances at avatar*
*glances at the "out of my way bitch" signature*

ENTJs "bossy and scary"? Now wherever would people get such an idea? :thinking:

Don't you understand N-humor? She's a nice person, now cut it out!!!

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Inducing rage is one of my all time favorite activities. I wonder what it feels like to be enraged.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not ENTJ, but I figure: close enough! :D
Regularly. :yes: I usually hold it in though. I'll think that I'm being a total asshole to people when I'm really pissed off, but it turns out that I'm getting my inner monologue confused with what I'm really saying (because my inner monologue IS the all-consuming rage). Example:

Friend: I'm worried about this.
My inner monologue: STOP WORRYING AND STFU. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REASSURE YOU BEFORE YOU'LL SHUT UP AND GET OVER YOURSELF??
Me: Don't worry about it - it'll work out. Think positive! :)
I usually step away from the situation, take deep breaths, listen to music, and then, when I'm calm enough to think rationally again, I come up with a battle plan, as to how to deal with the other person effectively and without bloodshed :laugh:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know an ENTJ who says that when they were younger they were a real loose cannon... and that when they saw someone doing graffitti, they knocked them out with a pole, dragged them out to the middle of nowhere and cut their index fingers off.

I'm not entirely sure if the whole story was true, though...

Does your friend always walk around the streets with poles and knives?