Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    How many ENTJs out there find themselves often consumed by rage?
    Maybe it's just a personal issue I have, but I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them. If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they dammit.

If anyone else out there feels that way, how do you deal with the hatred of people when they are fucking idiots without either a) blowing up or b) punching them in the face?
    My ex has bouts of rage like this and he's ESFJ. Having an anger problem has nothing to do with being ENTJ or ESTP (two types I initially considered for him out of ignorance.)

Do you possess the same abilities and natural talents as the people you surround yourself with? All of them? You know what you can do, so if you think you're a capable person, it is useful to hold high standards for yourself, but to use the same standards for everyone is not a wise thing to do.
    Adjust your expectations in a certain field to your partner's skillset, be it lower or higher than yours. If they underachieve compared to your level, they may still function at 100%. If they underachieve compared to their own level, you have the right to feel they're not giving in everything.
    Last edited by Litvyak; 10-11-2010 at 09:43 AM.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I know an ENTJ who says that when they were younger they were a real loose cannon... and that when they saw someone doing graffitti, they knocked them out with a pole, dragged them out to the middle of nowhere and cut their index fingers off.

I'm not entirely sure if the whole story was true, though...
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTJ

I had the same issue before. Then after some casual thought, my life changed forever.

You must understand that you are extremely different. ENTJs are rare, women ENTJs are even more scarce - a fraction of a percent of the entire population. If it helps any, the mainstream ENTJ label is "The Executive"

You hold yourself to high standards of excellence. Instead of smoking pot and having a couple of fuck buddies over on the weekends - you naturally astray yourself from self-destructive activities, and pursue things in life that bring genuine happiness.

Academic achievement, business ventures, wealth, sophisticated recreational activities, traveling the world, creating value in the marketplace, etc...

If others can't nearly fulfill the foregoing, why is it your problem?

Are you a CEO burdened with the responsibility of leveraging a team of people to work synergistically at a deadline to bring in a profit that the board of directors and shareholders would like? Who are these people that your angry at?

If they don't mean anything for your personal development, cut them off.

If they can't fulfill your standards of excellence, you've already proven that your better.

In other words - TURN YOU ANGER INTO PROFIT.

Make something out of yourself. First and foremost - DO NOT follow the mainstream procedural guidelines for life: School, Work, Retire, Die.

Do something different. Start a business where the sky is the limit - be your own boss, get into the stock market, do something profitable. Then 10 years from now you can laugh at those others that FAILED, while you take sips of your margarita laying down on a beautiful beach in the Bahamas.

I used to be frustrated with life. Back then, I was lost and had no direction for my future. It escalated to the point of depression.

Now - I LOVE my life, I feel secure, worthy, confident, and constantly happy.

I can take a vacation whenever I want, I can see the world tomorrow. I have a passion and a love that happens to be my occupation. I own a business and am also a stockbroker - I generally have to get to work at 9 AM ----- INSTEAD, I wake up every day 4 AM because I'm that excited to get to it.

PASSION AND PROFIT = HAPPINESS.

Make the equation work, that's the bottom line.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    N/A

I find it annoying when people have been waiting and making progress with what they have to reach a goal, and then everything else gets pushed in front of it at the last minute.
    Not that it's always peoples fault because its the truth that things go wrong and stuff happens, but sometimes I just want to say it's not my fault that I want what I've worked for
    and think I deserve it. Sometimes I wish I didn't care if that sounded selfish but I do

ENTJ

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Maybe it's just a personal issue I have, but I find myself LIVID when people don't live up to the expectations I have set for them. If I can live up to those same expectations, so can they dammit.

If anyone else out there feels that way, how do you deal with the hatred of people when they are fucking idiots without either a) blowing up or b) punching them in the face?
    *reads post*
    *glances at avatar*
    *glances at the "MOVE bitch, get out the way, get out the way bitch, get out the WAY" signature*

ENTJs "bossy and scary"? Now wherever would people get such an idea?
    Last edited by mrcockburn; 10-16-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: I'll be asking the questions around here.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    *reads post*
    *glances at avatar*
    *glances at the "out of my way bitch" signature*

ENTJs "bossy and scary"? Now wherever would people get such an idea?
    Don't you understand N-humor? She's a nice person, now cut it out!!!

MBTI
    INTP

Inducing rage is one of my all time favorite activities. I wonder what it feels like to be enraged.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm not ENTJ, but I figure: close enough!
    Regularly. I usually hold it in though. I'll think that I'm being a total asshole to people when I'm really pissed off, but it turns out that I'm getting my inner monologue confused with what I'm really saying (because my inner monologue IS the all-consuming rage). Example:

Friend: I'm worried about this.
    My inner monologue: STOP WORRYING AND STFU. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REASSURE YOU BEFORE YOU'LL SHUT UP AND GET OVER YOURSELF??
    Me: Don't worry about it - it'll work out. Think positive!
    I usually step away from the situation, take deep breaths, listen to music, and then, when I'm calm enough to think rationally again, I come up with a battle plan, as to how to deal with the other person effectively and without bloodshed
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I know an ENTJ who says that when they were younger they were a real loose cannon... and that when they saw someone doing graffitti, they knocked them out with a pole, dragged them out to the middle of nowhere and cut their index fingers off.

I'm not entirely sure if the whole story was true, though...
    Does your friend always walk around the streets with poles and knives?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg