User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I move away from the INTP mindset into another personality?

Not that I managed to do it myself, but i was really impressed with this line;when we truly know who we are, we can easily be what we are not. - something like that. i guess ... thomson chick said it, lenore... or dario nardi... or the woman who works with dario nardi

so ... when you are truly sure who you are... i guess it's easier to just act sometimes, when necessary as something thats not the most natural state.. because you dont feel fake, you explored yourself. know your limits. and play within those limits. as INTP you know your Fe will never be as in ENFJs, but once you know what your Ti,Ne really is, you can put them aside for a while, induldge in Fe....
    because after all, despite MBTI type being inborn.. we are fluid..

because when you dont really know or feel at ease with who you are then you tend to cling, sometimes, even more to you top functions..
    i can see this in for example Fi users who tend to cling to their values, being overprotective of them.. because they see some treat that isnt there. it's like they are afraid that something or someone will take them away from themselves.. so they protect it by being Fi to the max... while the truth is nobody can take yourself away from you, and if you really are aware of that on many levels... you can let go of that and play with other functions...
    in short: not take yourself too srsly.

5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Junior Member Array

Which other personality were you thinking of moving into?

I'd say hitting your head with a hammer in 'just the right spots' should work. If you forget who you are, make sure you don't hurt your ability to create future memories, then you can 'change' (though it doesn't constitute as such now that you've forgotten that you wanted to in the first place). Bam! Done. Just hope that you don't fall into that way of thinking again. This will more than likely only work once, if that...

P.S. What do you find so 'uncomfortable' about being an INTP?

Consulting Detective Array Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar

Drink. Party. Sllap yourself if you feel like correcting someone or teaching them anything. Get into sports. Never sit down and do nothing unless you're sleeping (gives you time to think). Stop learning things.
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."