First 12

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Some questions.

1. Do you think you're really that lazy, or is it just that you got exposed in a very Te extensive environment that scared the bejesus out of you (such as taking up an ENGINEERING degree with all the Math and the Physics)?

2. We all think that it's propbably the fault of our SJ parent, but let's say that you were given some degree of liberties and even financial resources early in your childhood. Would you be specializing in a specific area, or would you still be a jack-of-all-trades? I know quite a number of ENxPs 10 years older than me, more passionate, have more resources, and they're still undecided on what they want to focus on. Really.

3. Do you purposely put yourself in a laid back state to find your legitimate niche? If you'd already found yours, did you become seriously busy with the endeavor?

4. Let's say that you didn't learn MBTI, and that somehow, you're able to realistically cope in an SiTe envionment. Do you see yourself behaving this way without burning yourself out (after all, ignorance is a bliss)? Or did MBTI somehow give you a sense of becoming a "rebel" because it gave you an understanding on how things are apparently wrong with you in relation to your external environment?

1. I understand why people think I am lazy. My lack of interests in subjects that are considered mainstream in society is the cause of this one. I've never considered myself lazy as a person. Lazy with certain subjects, sure. But not overall.

2. I grew up in an NTJ environment. I worked for money for as long as I can remember, starting with washing cars when I was 6, to working 20 hours a week in a supermarket when I was 15 after school. I've never really felt short on cash, I bought toys, games, computers, whatever I wanted to have, with money I earned. I've always had lots of liberties, I wasn't forced into any belief system and have been given the chance to find my own way in life. I am a jack of all trades, I now do a quite demanding, very encompassing, daily job. And I'm pretty much considered the 'handyman' at work. There's much I can do and there's little I fail at. I like the amount of change in my life and although I sometimes dedicate myself to something in particular, I can never throw myself onto it completely because of my demanding life.

3. Not sure how you mean this, but I need my own time every now and then to recharge in which I do whatever I want to do at that time and nothing else.

4. Knowing why some people in my environment function the way they do as opposed to me, has helped me cope better in a very J environment. I was agitated more quickly with people when I was younger, I have more patience now (To be honest, I already had quite a lot of patience, but now even more so. ).
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

1. I am really that lazy. And somewhat scared. Not so much by TE, as I got my degree in Business Computer Science, but by the potential that I carry in me. I know I could be really successful if I focused more and dropped my lazyness, but the thought of doing so scares me a LOT.

2. I'd specialize in being a jack of all trades. Seriously there is just too much interesting stuff out there to ever narrow your choices down.

3. I've not found my niche yet. I'm pretty laidback all the time however, so I dunno if this would count as being it purposely for finding that niche. The answer would be no then I guess.

4. I think I'd burn out, pretty fast as well. MBTI has not changed my behaviour in any way. It just led me to insights about me, other people and the world as a whole.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Some questions.

1. Do you think you're really that lazy, or is it just that you got exposed in a very Te extensive environment that scared the bejesus out of you (such as taking up an ENGINEERING degree with all the Math and the Physics)?

2. We all think that it's propbably the fault of our SJ parent, but let's say that you were given some degree of liberties and even financial resources early in your childhood. Would you be specializing in a specific area, or would you still be a jack-of-all-trades? I know quite a number of ENxPs 10 years older than me, more passionate, have more resources, and they're still undecided on what they want to focus on. Really.

3. Do you purposely put yourself in a laid back state to find your legitimate niche? If you'd already found yours, did you become seriously busy with the endeavor?

4. Let's say that you didn't learn MBTI, and that somehow, you're able to realistically cope in an SiTe envionment. Do you see yourself behaving this way without burning yourself out (after all, ignorance is a bliss)? Or did MBTI somehow give you a sense of becoming a "rebel" because it gave you an understanding on how things are apparently wrong with you in relation to your external environment?
    1. I don't even know. I'd say it probably is the Te extensive environment that is effecting me.

2. I would be a jack of all trades with a few semi- specialty areas.

3. I was originally a rebel and I tried to justify why things are wrong with me in relation to my enivironment, but I don't anymore. I don't care enough. I would have coped because before I knew about MBTI I was on my way to coping with my SiTe enviroment. Primarily because my older brother is an ISTJ and my dad is an ESTJ. It makes you cope.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'd say part of the problem with appearing lazy is that we don't streamline activities. It's more of when we decide to actually act we do everything at once. It can be perceived as procrastinating, but that's only if there is a deadline. This is a tendency of mine at least. I might be 'lazy' only because I most won't see the work I do because it's all lumped into a small-er chunk of time.

I probably would end up specializing, but not after being proficient in every other area of interest I have, which is different depending on my mood.

I try to show exactly what I'm feeling, which most of the time is either calm, or extremely excited. I'd say that this has worked, in the fact that I have made friends due to the dichotomy.

My ideas are 'rebellious', but I as a whole I don't ruffle the feathers as much as I could. My thoughts are my own and others are theirs. Why not allow them both to live?