User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default INTJ -- What do you do to see things through to the end?

As an INTJ, one of my greatest weaknesses is dreaming up ideas, and then doing nothing about it. Sometimes I'll get a rush of motivation and start putting something into action, but then I will rarely see it to completion.

It seems like I am not alone in this...do any of you have any examples of how you've managed to follow through a plan of action? Any tips to boost self-discipline?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

wow, I was thinking about starting a thread just like this. I've been starting and quitting stuff since I was little(sports, hobbies etc.) and now I'm kind of screwed for college apps cuz I have almost nothing to write....

But when I get motivation for something, I usually stick with it, like an interest in a subject at school. Its just that I can't stick with stuff that I'm not entirely interested in :\ ....Most of the time, I just force myself to finish something as fast as possible

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

If I finish this chore....world domination!!

If I study for this test....world domination!!

If I join this club in school....world domination!!

If I excel in this subject.....world domination!!

If I finish masterbating.....world domination!!

It's all about the little things that add up to what you ultimately want to accomplish that could motivate you to see it through.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

It sure smells like P in here. I'll give you an example of what you asked for in the OP:
    At some point in my secondary education I realised that my future would probably lie in some type of academics, so I decided that I wanted to become the valedictorian. I worked at it and happened to succeed; end of story. If you genuinely have issues with setting up long-term goals for yourself and working consistently at achieving them, you might want to reconsider your type and approach it from a different perspective.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

My drive to complete things often comes from my personal values. I have always had a strong sense of what is important to me. Sometimes this involves my personal future (e.g. go to a good college, get an interesting job). Other times, it involves something on the outside that I just don't think is right, or think could be substantially improved (e.g. an environmental or political concern). I try to figure out the best way to create the outcome I want to see, then throw all my resources and abilities into it. A corollary to this is that I don't generally waste time on causes that I cannot help, however worthy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I will find personally that starting things is my weakness rather than finishing them. I just don't like the idea that I'm at the beginning of a long process. If I cannot think of a way to do the process in a quick and effective way rather than rely on traditional methods I will sit, think of the result, make a countdown of 10 seconds whereas by the time it gets to 0 I will not think or feel and just get up to do it out of will alone.

The unfinished usually haunts me until it has been transformed into its final form.

MBTI
    INTJ

From my understanding of MBTI, I would say that your type correspond with Ne rather than Ni. Unfinished projects tend to be stuck in the back of my head and constantly remind me of itself, causing distraction until I see it through. I always require closure for previous half-hearted efforts, wether it is finishing what I've started or abandon the idea completely. And like the previous poster, the problem isn't finishing as much as it is trouble converting thought into action.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    If I finish this chore....world domination!!

If I study for this test....world domination!!

If I join this club in school....world domination!!

If I excel in this subject.....world domination!!

If I finish masterbating.....world domination!!

It's all about the little things that add up to what you ultimately want to accomplish that could motivate you to see it through.
    lmao I never have trouble with the last one ;P but I've never been into the "world domination " thing like my other intj friends :\ I mean do you guys use it as a sort of motivation or do you auctually think you can do it????

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shiet_Happens View Post
    lmao I never have trouble with the last one ;P but I've never been into the "world domination " thing like my other intj friends :\ I mean do you guys use it as a sort of motivation or do you auctually think you can do it????
    I don't need to dominate the world, just my little corner of it. I guess that means I want to dominate, or more accurately control, my world.