First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by ouka View Post
    As an INTJ, one of my greatest weaknesses is dreaming up ideas, and then doing nothing about it. Sometimes I'll get a rush of motivation and start putting something into action, but then I will rarely see it to completion.

It seems like I am not alone in this...do any of you have any examples of how you've managed to follow through a plan of action? Any tips to boost self-discipline?
    That comes with age. I've gotten better at it because I hate myself when I fail.
    If you focus on self-criticism until you do something about what you don't like, you'll drive yourself forward.
    If you don't dare to act even though you are afraid, call yourself a bloody coward. Prove yourself wrong.
    If you are too lazy to do something, despise yourself until you can't bear it anymore. Prove yourself wrong.

Then it's a matter of stamina, as well. Psychological stamina.
    You know how you do it when you run until you hit the steady state?
    Until then, it's bloody hard, but when you reach that mile-eating pace, you can go all the way.
    Sometimes you can even go beyond what you needed to do and run another few miles.
    Prove you can be more than you are now by being something more.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

ThatGirl

I fall into two separate categories.

One is that I tend to make goals that aren't really relevant at the time. Like wouldn't this be cool? Then I figure out all the ideal standards it would take to pounce, and set it on the back burner.

Then I go about my regular life, but should I at any time see things align in favor of that goal, I immediately spring into action.

The other category is that the end IS the entire idea. In this I try to remember that not reaching the end makes everything worthless. Like, I will never become successful if I don't finish this class with an A. That's usually enough to keep me set on something.

Like I said in another post, there are times I will let go of a goal, but it usually does not happen gracefully.

Lol, I guess that doesn't really help your situation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I just show up at where "the end" is supposed to happen and wait...sometimes I get impatient and leave for a coffee or something then get delayed and "the end" happens while I'm out.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ouka View Post
    As an INTJ, one of my greatest weaknesses is dreaming up ideas, and then doing nothing about it. Sometimes I'll get a rush of motivation and start putting something into action, but then I will rarely see it to completion.

It seems like I am not alone in this...do any of you have any examples of how you've managed to follow through a plan of action? Any tips to boost self-discipline?
    Nope. No tips. No pointers. I've become comfortable with the idea that I can just sit around and think shit up, or rather, wait for the random burst of insight to hit me (Sometimes this takes weeks or months, no worries, just chill in the meaintime).

When I have an idea, the most I can (sometimes) manage is to write the idea down so maybe I can pass it along to somebody who is more ambitious than I am some day.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    If I finish this chore....world domination!!

If I study for this test....world domination!!

If I join this club in school....world domination!!

If I excel in this subject.....world domination!!

If I finish masterbating.....world domination!!

It's all about the little things that add up to what you ultimately want to accomplish that could motivate you to see it through.
    Exactly... this is the only thing that brings me even close to getting anything done, or even started.

Unfortunately, even that isn't enough lately... but I have a slight perceiving preference so that doesn't really count.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsis View Post
    From my understanding of MBTI, I would say that your type correspond with Ne rather than Ni. And like the previous poster, the problem isn't finishing as much as it is trouble converting thought into action.
    Yes, this does kind of seem like an Ne/'converting thought to action' problem...