• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Infantile- NT Romance

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
interest is sparked in partner with positive aesthetic attributes divorced from active, "aggressive" sexuality
tend to try to attract partner's interest with joking, goofy or even "strange" behavior
try to help partner see the unexpected and fun side of things
interest is maintained or cools off according to partner's response to this behavior
appreciation for partner who actively cares about the individual's comfort and daily needs
neutral with regard to externally admitting who took the initiative in ending a relationship, "power" is seen as unimportant in such matters

This romance style is defined by focus on which is static, irrational, and extroverted, with perceptions focused on possibilities and alternatives to the static present reality, which the individual perceives as intrinsically boring and stagnant. This means that an Infantile sees attraction between two individuals as a static state, also from the point of view of the other person, which he tries to "get moving" by actively thinking of variations of the present static state. This accounts for an Infantile's inclination to focus on the mutual attraction, or particularly the attraction felt by the other person, as connected to that person's being exposed to the unexpected, imaginative, fun, even "weird" side of life, reality, and each other, a behavior that can be described as "childlike". This focus leads to a sort of helplessness regarding his own physical well being as perceived by , so he welcomes help from others in that area.

Perception of other romance styles
This refers to perceptions of the partner in a romantic or prospective relationship.

Aggressor: Infantiles tend to perceive Aggressors as a bit too "rough" and even slightly scary on occasion, or perhaps just as obnoxious

Victim: Infantiles tend to perceive Victims as paranoid and confusing, giving mixed signals.

Caregiver: Infantiles tend to perceive Caregivers as comforting and pleasant company, with a delightful sense of fun.

Infantile: Infantiles tend to perceive other Infantiles as fun to spend time with but also as helpless and demanding in a way that they see as stressful.

Infantile - Wikisocion

I'm wondering how many ENTPs can relate to this, because I thought ENTPs were meant to be more like aggressors or something.

Also INTPs/INTJs, as it is supposedly extraverted in style, I would expect it to almost clash a little?

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I see a lot of myself in that description.

Surely there's a more neutral, yet appropriate descriptor of this pattern of behavior than "infantile." Perhaps playful or reactive.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
So is this the supposed romantic style of all NTs? I'd say it is more likely to be for NPs, both I and E. I'm not sure but I don't think ENTPs are very aggressive in relationships. This is about fun, joking, but caring strongly about the other party, which I think is common in most or all NPs. Wouldn't be wuite so sure about NTJs.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see a lot of myself in that description.

Surely there's a more neutral, yet appropriate descriptor of this pattern of behavior than "infantile." Perhaps playful or reactive.

I think the idea is that Infantiles pair well with Caregivers. Hence the name, as insulting as it is lol.

So is this the supposed romantic style of all NTs? I'd say it is more likely to be for NPs, both I and E. I'm not sure but I don't think ENTPs are very aggressive in relationships. This is about fun, joking, but caring strongly about the other party, which I think is common in most or all NPs. Wouldn't be wuite so sure about NTJs.

The thing is, it belongs to ILE and LII, ILE generally corresponds to ENTP, and LII is usually either INTJ or INTP. I certainly know an INTJ who is like this, and there's likely a few on this forum who are LIIs.

I'm starting to think it's the extravertedness that drives these sort of relationships, which might seem like aggressiveness.

btw, why would it necessarily be common to NPs?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I believe Fe, even though it tertiary and inferior causes us to focus on others, when we decide to do so. This however is really only with NTP. I consider myself 'infantile' when it comes to relationships. I am not an aggressor, but though the caregiver sounds nice, I suppose I do view relationships as neutral more often than not. This would explain my ability to perceive mulitple attractions at once. I don't view relationships as what 'won't' work most of the time.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I definitely relate to that description. Can't stand aggressors.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I pretty much completely relate with that description

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Quite accurate of me, indeed.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess it describes a part of me. I do perceive a lot of things as being static, annoyingly static. And screwing with all the traditional static things around me is a big pleasure of mine. Chaos is needed to counterballance the order of things.

Don't know if that makes me 'infantile' , I'd rather call this playfulness. But in the eyes of many people, which I do perceive as being static, it's 'infantile'.

It's a P thing.
SPs can be like this too, but slightly different. They will most likely come up with fun activities, going somewhere and doing something.
NPs are more likely to come up with games, perspectives, ideas, and less sporty activities.

About the ENTPs being aggressors.
I guess this is where the ennegram comes in to explain.
Most ENTPs are type 7s.
So from this perspective, the 7w8 will be more aggresive that the 7w6. Still being more aggressive won't make you an 'aggressor'. Most ENTPs are not aggressors.

The aggressor is a TJ thing mostly. And it's annoying.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I think the idea is that Infantiles pair well with Caregivers. Hence the name, as insulting as it is lol.

The thing is, it belongs to ILE and LII, ILE generally corresponds to ENTP, and LII is usually either INTJ or INTP. I certainly know an INTJ who is like this, and there's likely a few on this forum who are LIIs.

I'm starting to think it's the extravertedness that drives these sort of relationships, which might seem like aggressiveness.

Because, as guesswho has mentioned, it is more playful and relaxed, which I think applies best to Ps, as opposed to Js, who while still capable of plafulness, tend to be far more driven and would likely have a somewhat more focused approach to a relationship, which would make me think them more likely aggressors.

Personally, I think I am likely infantile and (unfortunately) partly victim (I think this part is actually less (though still partly) type related and seems to be more of a low self-confidence thing).

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
My J friends will only play if it gets them laid. It must be effective !

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
Personally, I think I am likely infantile and (unfortunately) partly victim (I think this part is actually less (though still partly) type related and seems to be more of a low self-confidence thing).

dito

Is it just my feeling or is that the typical behaviour for a male which will lead to getting friend-zoned in 90% of the time?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I hate Infidels !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohgc3VviUpc&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't like the word infantile, it carries a negative connotation but I have to admit the description does fit me.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am a caregiver, but I also have some aggressor traits. Other aggressors get me riled up and ready to punch them in the face.. Wait, maybe I'm more of an aggressor.

Edit: I cannot see ENTJs being an Infantile. Instead, I would imagine they'd be a caregiver, with their 'natural drive to lead'.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I relate to it. I like people to enjoy life, think outside the box, stretch the rules a bit, laugh at stupid stuff, "waste time" talking (it's not really a waste), dance in the rain so-to-speak, etc. I want them to stop thinking about "work" all the time and how they can be productive all the time and having a pessimistic, ho-hum, "it's just another day" outlook. Nothing causes me to lose interest faster than that kind of viewpoint.

When I'm involved with someone, I want them to experience this with me. I'm sure to some, it seems somewhat childlike. It will rub some people the wrong way :steam:, but others will find it very refreshing to be around :wubbie:. Different strokes for different folks.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx

I was thinking the same. I see the infantile in myself, but also I relate to the victim somewhat in that I am accutely aware of the 'power' dynamic in a relationship at the same time that I would rather be playful and not worry about it. In relationships where I have the upper hand and it's obvious, I lose interest fast. I've often described an ideal mate as 'just a bit' smarter/better/stronger etc than me.

I suppose hybrids aren't properly allowed, though.

And man, I had no idea how complicated socionics was until I googled these types. Yikes.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
So what do people think of Victims and infantile paired together?