User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default I need NT explanations about Fi differences

Im sorry if this should be posted somewhere else, but I like the way NTs explain things so If this bothers anyone since is in an NT forum, let me know and i'll move it to the NF forum or the SP forum.

Short and simple, I want to learn the difference between how ENFPs use Fi and how ESFPs use Fi.

Can you use your awesome NTness to explain it to me?

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Im sorry if this should be posted somewhere else, but I like the way NTs explain things so If this bothers anyone since is in an NT forum, let me know and i'll move it to the NF forum or the SP forum.

Short and simple, I want to learn the difference between how ENFPs use Fi and how ESFPs use Fi.

Can you use your awesome NTness to explain it to me?
    ESFPs use it in a more concrete way than the abstract way the ENFPs use it?

(sorry, I know this is totally not helpful, but I just had to...)

To be honest though, I still don't really understand the difference between Fi and Fe, so....

I do have an ENFP friend though, and she's obsessed with the idea of love, romance, peace, harmony, etc... I have no SFP friends though, so I cannot compare.
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

My understanding of the difference between Fe and Fi is that Fi is more about internal attitudes and ethical feelings, placing importance upon subjective values, and Fe is about relating with others, pleasing people and expressing emotion and exchanging feelings between people. I think.

With ENFPs, I think their Fi is different because they use Ne, so they imagine possibilities and relate this to their values and subjective feelings about the world. In this way, they can become somewhat idealistic and dreamy. ESFPs on the other hand, are more in tune with the here and now and prefer to just use Fi as a guide for their interactions with people. Though to be honest, I don't entirely understand the Fi in ESFPs. Looking at them, you'd think they're Fe users, but I guess that's just the Se making it look that way.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

An ESFP will be more likely to enjoy "doing things" with a bunch of people. ENFP is more likely to share their feelings and ideals directly. Other than that, I don't know what to say. I think I understand the difference between the two types, but explaining it isn't easy.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i think they use it the same way, but they gather information for it from different perspectives(Se/Ni vs Ne/Si) so it might come to differently and lead to different conclusions
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i think they use it the same way, but they gather information for it from different perspectives(Se/Ni vs Ne/Si) so it might come to differently and lead to different conclusions
    That's on the mark.

In eiter case, Fi is a form of evaluating the worth of something. An FP will usually do this in terms of emotional, moral or social worth. It's just that the differance in Se and Ne will lead them to focus their attentions on slightly different subject matters.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Though to be honest, I don't entirely understand the Fi in ESFPs. Looking at them, you'd think they're Fe users, but I guess that's just the Se making it look that way.
    Exactly!! I swear, all ESFPs have Fe instead of Fi. it makes no sense

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    My understanding of the difference between Fe and Fi is that Fi is more about internal attitudes and ethical feelings, placing importance upon subjective values, and Fe is about relating with others, pleasing people and expressing emotion and exchanging feelings between people. I think.

With ENFPs, I think their Fi is different because they use Ne, so they imagine possibilities and relate this to their values and subjective feelings about the world. In this way, they can become somewhat idealistic and dreamy. ESFPs on the other hand, are more in tune with the here and now and prefer to just use Fi as a guide for their interactions with people. Though to be honest, I don't entirely understand the Fi in ESFPs. Looking at them, you'd think they're Fe users, but I guess that's just the Se making it look that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That's on the mark.

In eiter case, Fi is a form of evaluating the worth of something. An FP will usually do this in terms of emotional, moral or social worth. It's just that the differance in Se and Ne will lead them to focus their attentions on slightly different subject matters.

My friend is an ESFP, and I'm an ENFP. I use my Fi to stop me from doing things that are outside of my morals/values so it helps me make sure I make no regrets. I know me, and I know what I am comfortable with and uncomfortable with. There's no budging on either side of the line.

My ESFP friend has no comprehension of this when I explain to her my ways. She has had identity crisises, she has had regrets, she seizes the moments with Se and no Fi. She says that she'll try things before knowing how she feels about it.

I know how I feel about something before I try it.

If my ESFP has Fi, she can't see it in herself. I can't see it in her either. She definitely isnt a T, and she is an ESFP. We both want to learn how she uses it and when exactly she does. How does it look in an ESFP?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

She says that she'll try things before knowing how she feels about it.

I know how I feel about something before I try it.
    maybe this is because you got Ne asking you "what if" questions and you can use your Fi on the possible scenarios that your Ne generates. she on the other hand doesent have that since Se is about what is, since she havent experienced that what ever yet, she cant really put that "what is" question to it since it basically doesent exist yet, making it impossible for her to form an Fi judgment on it.

If my ESFP has Fi, she can't see it in herself. I can't see it in her either. She definitely isnt a T, and she is an ESFP. We both want to learn how she uses it and when exactly she does. How does it look in an ESFP?
    maybe she just has crappy Fi compared to you?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I aint no NT, but I'd say that that's a likely possibility. Se can be a demanding function, I'd say and it's highly possible that her Fi is still playing catch up on trying to put a leash on her dominant function, much like with an Ne-dom you can have the whole being scattered and exploring ideas, while not being aware of how we impact people and potentially hurt them (as we're absorbed by Ne and Fi isn't able to alert us). For that matter, the whole not processing what kind of information Ne gathers is also due to not giving Fi a chance to process, meaning you just gather information without actively judging it, making it impossible to be decisive and moving forwards, keeping you running around in circles.

Se does the same with ESFPs, making them run around like mad reexperiencing stuff especially if they don't take the downtime they need to correctly judge and classify the experience using Fi(Te).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”