• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Fun and humorous INTJs?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yes, my grandfather was ISTJ and very funny - in sort of the way that INTJs are funny. His jokes primarily consisted of being very quiet or gruff to frighten strangers, making even keeled level-voiced comments about never being wrong-always right-in charge-dominating/hurting people, or saying darkly offensive things with a little light his eyes (he'd often open his eyes really wide and try his damnedest to surpress a smile) and then say "how does that grab you?"

Even when he was 80 years old, he sent me a photograph in the mail of him chasing my then 6-to-8-year-old nephews around shaking his cane at them. I kept it up on my mirror for almost a year after he died, because it TOTALLY personified the man I knew.

I think INTJ humor is too dry, mean, or creepy for some people and that's why they don't think it's funny. I think they can be VERY silly, but it's different from the way an ExxP would be silly...it's silly with a touch of sadistic glee. Or something.

The bolded are my favorite jokes. Your grandfather sounds like he was an awesome man. I see similarities in him and my brother :).

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Can someone please give me a fictional example of a non-serious INTJ. I'm finding it hard to imagine without them being more of a P or E.

hm....I was gonna say House but he is EP'ish, which really stresses that idea of EP= humorous. so, hm....

Investigate ur basic assumptions...see the circle grow before your eyes. Break it. Or play some more WoW in ur mum's basement, whatever. :D

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
INTJ's take themselves seriously - Everything (and Everyone) else is there to be ridiculed and laughed at.

I find it funny the guy who started this thread has come to the conclusion that INTJs are "traditionally the most serious type" based on rigid MBTI type descriptions and the one quiet guy he thinks is an INTJ but who he's never talked to.

For the record: The most depressed, unfunny, uncharismatic dullard I've ever met was an ENFP. Now surely if that's possible, I'd say it's likely theres some wacky INTJs out there.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I actually knew an INTJ.. That I couldn't believe was an INTJ. She was very animate, and very funny. Very out-of-the-box. Her favorite word, to say ALWAYS, was 'bazinga'.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Are these common? Do you INTJs here consider yourself top possess these traits? INTJs are traditionally probably the most serious type and I'll be honest, I'm not sure I've ever met one! If I have, they were probably too focused for me to notice. There's one kid I know who I think is INTJ but I'm not sure (I've never talked to him, just he's a quiet hardworking genius). Anyway, so how do you INTJs think your sense of humour is, and your relations with other people. Can you be fun?

I can certainly be humourous. Most of my own comedy tends to revolve around either odd ways of looking at the world that lead people to act in ways that are otherwise inexplicable, or statements that are true yet create the wrong impression.

On facebook, there was a recent caze for asking people to list how you met them. When my brother put one up my reply read "We were introduced by my mother." Completely true, but it makes it sound like we met at a cocktail party or something, rather than me being a babe in her arms.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright, the DEBATE IS OVER.​

This guy's supposed to be an INTJ.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7EtgTtdBWg"]INTJ Seriosity[/YOUTUBE]

The guy makes me look like an Amish ESTJ. ...and INTJs are clearly really reeeally not meant to smile.... :ninja:

:peepwall:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
For realz though we don't even need this guy...has ANYONE on this forum encountered either Edgar or SmileyMan at any point EVAR?

I was waiting for them to just show themselves in this thread, but goddamn.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is that supposed to prove that they ARE funny or are not?

That's up to personal interpretation I guess. Either it proves INTJs are funny, or it merely reinforces the "they're fkn SCARY" stereotype. :shock:

Either way, it proves that they can talk.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is that supposed to prove that they ARE funny or are not?

They're both very funny at times and definitely capable of being silly, along with other positive qualities.

Of course, that's my subjective opinion, and it would do you well to remember that I'm a girl who likes basements.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was talking about the guy in the video. Obsessing about grotesque pigmonsters and producing a completely insane evil laugh. If anything, I think he proved that INTJs can be good evil villains.

Have you ever seen Clue: The Movie? Did you laugh when the singing telegram girl got shot in the face?