• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Fun and humorous INTJs?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it works one of two ways with INTP's. We're either going to be a homer for life, or we're so freaking independent that we can't fathom being under someone else's roof.

this.

as for INTJs - i think it happens with all Ni-ers that they just get a bit tunnel-visioned sometimes and so into their Ni envisioning and Te doing that they have to be poked out of it occasionally. i think they usually have a lovely sense of humor, it can just be a bit hidden by The Mission sometimes.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't saying it was true. I was simply asking how 'fun' people consider you to be. How am I supposed to know if I haven't met and identified them?

I'm just screwing with you. Wasn't trying to be an ass. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell over the internet.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If my INTJ friend(who is never serious) is not fun and humorous, what am i(who is hardcore serious)?

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
many intjs are fun to laugh with and all of them are fun to laugh at.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I've found through the very few that I've known IRL and more so through the ones I've talked to in vent that they're pretty darkly funny...but it's a type of humor that isn't for everybody, that sort of thing.

I think a lot of dry wit that is portrayed in literature and film can be attributed to INTJ authors and/or characters.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Can someone please give me a fictional example of a non-serious INTJ. I'm finding it hard to imagine without them being more of a P or E.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Can someone please give me a fictional example of a non-serious INTJ. I'm finding it hard to imagine without them being more of a P or E.

Only thing that comes to mind is Al Bundy from Married With Children, but I'm pretty sure that character was NOT INTJ. But, their humor can seem *kind of* like that. I know an INTJ who would laugh hysterically at the things Bundy said and I used to think it was ironic because Bundy's humor reminded me of the INTJ.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

hm....I was gonna say House but he is EP'ish, which really stresses that idea of EP= humorous. so, hm....

R

ReflecTcelfeR

My brother tested as an ISTJ and I find him extremely funny. His humor is pretty much sarcasm. Delicious sarcasm.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My brother tested as an ISTJ and I find him extremely funny. His humor is pretty much sarcasm. Delicious sarcasm.

Yes, my grandfather was ISTJ and very funny - in sort of the way that INTJs are funny. His jokes primarily consisted of being very quiet or gruff to frighten strangers, making even keeled level-voiced comments about never being wrong-always right-in charge-dominating/hurting people, or saying darkly offensive things with a little light his eyes (he'd often open his eyes really wide and try his damnedest to surpress a smile) and then say "how does that grab you?"

Even when he was 80 years old, he sent me a photograph in the mail of him chasing my then 6-to-8-year-old nephews around shaking his cane at them. I kept it up on my mirror for almost a year after he died, because it TOTALLY personified the man I knew.

I think INTJ humor is too dry, mean, or creepy for some people and that's why they don't think it's funny. I think they can be VERY silly, but it's different from the way an ExxP would be silly...it's silly with a touch of sadistic glee. Or something.