User Tag List

First 34567 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yes, my grandfather was ISTJ and very funny - in sort of the way that INTJs are funny. His jokes primarily consisted of being very quiet or gruff to frighten strangers, making even keeled level-voiced comments about never being wrong-always right-in charge-dominating/hurting people, or saying darkly offensive things with a little light his eyes (he'd often open his eyes really wide and try his damnedest to surpress a smile) and then say "how does that grab you?"

Even when he was 80 years old, he sent me a photograph in the mail of him chasing my then 6-to-8-year-old nephews around shaking his cane at them. I kept it up on my mirror for almost a year after he died, because it TOTALLY personified the man I knew.

I think INTJ humor is too dry, mean, or creepy for some people and that's why they don't think it's funny. I think they can be VERY silly, but it's different from the way an ExxP would be silly...it's silly with a touch of sadistic glee. Or something.
    The bolded are my favorite jokes. Your grandfather sounds like he was an awesome man. I see similarities in him and my brother .

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Can someone please give me a fictional example of a non-serious INTJ. I'm finding it hard to imagine without them being more of a P or E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    hm....I was gonna say House but he is EP'ish, which really stresses that idea of EP= humorous. so, hm....
    Investigate ur basic assumptions...see the circle grow before your eyes. Break it. Or play some more WoW in ur mum's basement, whatever.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

INTJ's take themselves seriously - Everything (and Everyone) else is there to be ridiculed and laughed at.

I find it funny the guy who started this thread has come to the conclusion that INTJs are "traditionally the most serious type" based on rigid MBTI type descriptions and the one quiet guy he thinks is an INTJ but who he's never talked to.

For the record: The most depressed, unfunny, uncharismatic dullard I've ever met was an ENFP. Now surely if that's possible, I'd say it's likely theres some wacky INTJs out there.

MBTI
    ENFP

I actually knew an INTJ.. That I couldn't believe was an INTJ. She was very animate, and very funny. Very out-of-the-box. Her favorite word, to say ALWAYS, was 'bazinga'.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Are these common? Do you INTJs here consider yourself top possess these traits? INTJs are traditionally probably the most serious type and I'll be honest, I'm not sure I've ever met one! If I have, they were probably too focused for me to notice. There's one kid I know who I think is INTJ but I'm not sure (I've never talked to him, just he's a quiet hardworking genius). Anyway, so how do you INTJs think your sense of humour is, and your relations with other people. Can you be fun?
    I can certainly be humourous. Most of my own comedy tends to revolve around either odd ways of looking at the world that lead people to act in ways that are otherwise inexplicable, or statements that are true yet create the wrong impression.

On facebook, there was a recent caze for asking people to list how you met them. When my brother put one up my reply read "We were introduced by my mother." Completely true, but it makes it sound like we met at a cocktail party or something, rather than me being a babe in her arms.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I actually knew an INTJ.. That I couldn't believe was an INTJ. She was very animate, and very funny. Very out-of-the-box. Her favorite word, to say ALWAYS, was 'bazinga'.
    So Sheldon Cooper IS an INTJ!
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

No....is it really hard to see INTP?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Special Agent Dale Cooper is.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    No....is it really hard to see INTP?
    I was joking. You know, because of the bazinga thing.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Alright, the DEBATE IS OVER.

This guy's supposed to be an INTJ.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7EtgTtdBWg"]INTJ Seriosity[/YOUTUBE]

The guy makes me look like an Amish ESTJ. ...and INTJs are clearly really reeeally not meant to smile....

3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg