User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the most important asset in a partner?

75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mind - I'm a male NT

25 33.33%
  • Mind - I'm a female NT

18 24.00%
  • Body including face - I'm a male NT

4 5.33%
  • Body including face - I'm a female NT

1 1.33%
  • Heart - I'm a male NT

19 25.33%
  • Heart - I'm a female NT

8 10.67%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NTs - Most Important in a Partner

5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I agree. I brought it up eariler, but they would not change it. I explained that emotional capacity was just someone's ability for a certain level of emotion and was not at all an accurate summary of personality, and that intellectual capacity was simply intelligence, and not even a designated type of intelligence at that, and could hardly be well measured or used as a way to determine how happy someone would make you. A personality is made up of far more varying factors than this.

For some reason, they wanted to keep it exactly how it is.
    The technical definition and the relative definition are different.

You're putting emphasis on the technical definition, which would be the capacity for a person to be filled with emotion, much like the capacity for a gas tank to hold gas.

What the OP probably meant was a person's average emotional capacity; they probably meant how much a person is filled with emotional energy, like the average amount of gasoline filled in the tank. I took the choice as meaning the amount of importance a mate put on feeling and nurturing emotion.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin

5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Specific body types will almost always be more attractive to people, based almost entirely on the environment they grew up in. Watching TV, reading magazines, even passing by billboards on the side of the road will encourage us all to feel more strongly about a specific body type. This is brought on primarily by the Exposure Effect, thus (in my perspective) negates the possibility of the "body" as being a truly meaningful and "primary" reason to be with someone.

The heart vs. the mind would be a matter more of opinion. I've spent the last 8 years of my life with heart-focused persons, who helped me grow past a lot of my own strong Te/Ti-like tendencies. Now I feel like I've grown in the necessary areas, and am more interested (and thus attracted to) a Thinker, preferable a Ti.

In my life currently, I'd say Mind. As Winston Churchill said, "If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."

Permabanned Array

Mind? Someone has left the lot of you confused. That's what friends are for. For a "partner" the goal is "not stupid," not necessarily "smart."

Anyway, for me..

Heart, body, mind-- all assuming basic competencies.