• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs - Most Important in a Partner

Which is the most important asset in a partner?

• Mind - I'm a male NT

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Mind - I'm a female NT

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Body including face - I'm a male NT

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Body including face - I'm a female NT

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Heart - I'm a male NT

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Heart - I'm a female NT

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nothing wrong with stability. But when it will be the moment it will need you to open up aswell. And i havent met an entp yet who isnt the master in talking about himself :)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Mind. A lot more women have sufficient emotional capacity than sufficient intellectual capacity. To avoid being sexist, the same goes for men.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Mind. A lot more women have sufficient emotional capacity than sufficient intellectual capacity. To avoid being sexist, the same goes for men.

According to theoretical logic, wouldnt it be stupid to go for woman and not to be sexiest men then ?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Mind.

A man who I can communicate with in equal terms, who can get me mentally (mainly by having ideas of his own and a will to share them with me), can be considered relationship material. In order to mantain a loving relationship over time, intellectual stimulation works better for me than emotional stimuli and/or physical attraction.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Three way tie.

If I had to prioritize, it would be close, with mind being first, body second, heart third.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what he is talking about.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:peepwall:

:huh:

I am actually confused now.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
It’s not even close: Mind. I’m not sensitive enough that I need, or particularly want, anyone to understand me emotionally. I also agree with Mondo, in that individuals who focus on their mind are rare, and that I would prefer to be with someone who I can exchange ideas with and who can challenge me intellectually. Within my most preferred scenario I would marry a professional rival.

According to theoretical logic, wouldnt it be stupid to go for woman and not to be sexiest men then ?
Just because individuals who are “emotionally sufficient” are more common than those who are “intellectually sufficient” does not mean that one has to prefer them in a relationship. It’s the same with individuals who are more attracted to people possessing an above average physical appearance or socio-economical status.

rav3n

These two threads were posted for contrast.

--------------------------------------------

Want to be valued for

Mind:
Male - 56.67%
Female - 30%

Body:
Male - 3.33%
Female - 0%

Heart:
Male - 10%
Female - 0%

-----------------------------------------

Value in a partner

Mind:
Male - 34.62%
Female - 30.77%

Body:
Male - 0%
Female - 3.85%

Heart:
Male - 26.92%
Female - 3.85%

------------------------------------

What do these figures represent to you?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think the poll results so far reflect a bit the influence that gender roles still have on people's preferences. NT men voted heart a lot more than NT women did.

rav3n

There are no right or wrong answers. Just interpretation of information. :)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think the poll results so far reflect a bit the influence that gender roles still have on people's preferences. NT men voted heart a lot more than NT women did.

Probable but..
I think we need a larger "sample" size before making any solid conclusions though.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Probable but..
I think we need a larger "sample" size before making any solid conclusions though.

Sure, of course. I wasn't trying to conclude anything. But I will say that it goes inline with my thoughts on the matter for a long time now.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The mental connection is very important, I'm finding. I used to not think so.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I would say so, as well. The results between the polls are a lot more consistent with women. I'd also expect that this is due to the fact that a Thinking female less directly reflects expected gender roles than a Thinking male does. A Thinking male not only satisfies what many NTs admire in a person in general but also does not conflict with how many women expect a man to act.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The mental connection is very important, I'm finding. I used to not think so.

Ditto.

Being loved really isn't enough... I need that mental connection. It makes me feel understood.