First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

they all have one now..
    Results are as expected but still disheartening...

MBTI
    ENTP

I chose agnostic atheist, because it's the most fitting choice.
    I can't prove there is no god. Just like you can't prove there is no second moon orbiting around the earth. I'm actually quite sure of it, that's why I'd call myself an atheist and not an agnostic. But I can't prove it and I'm not 100% sure, that's why I didn't chose that gnostic atheist thing. What IS a gnostic atheist anyway? Someone who believes there is no god with as much certainty as a theist believes there is at least one? Do they exist? I thought most atheists were of the sort "well I never observed a god so I assume there is none as long as observation doesn't tell me otherwise", like they do with science (well I never observed something fall up instead of down... wait, that helium balloon is going up, I need to readress my assumptions).

I know very well what it would take to change my mind and become a theist. God(dess), if you want me to believe in you, give me a sign that can't be mistaken for a dream, hallucination, human-made thing or natural phenomenon. Be certain I'll check the last one very thoroughly.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quote Originally Posted by Shiet_Happens View Post
    Wondering what NTs' beliefs are.....

Sorry if none of those choices suit you.
    I believe in the potential of the human mind to birth all that we conceive. One of its most fascinating gifts, our imaginations.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Just like you can't prove there is no second moon orbiting around the earth.
    What possibly makes you think that? There have been many pictures taken from the Earth, the Moon, and from deeper space that demonstrate quite clearly there is only one large celestial object orbiting our planet. If there were more we would measure quite profound and conflicting effects on our tidal cycles and, unless you were suggesting it's invisible or actively hides from our cameras, see it from an acceptable distance from Earth. The hypothesis of a second moon orbiting Earth is quite falsifiable, and has indeed been falsified.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I believe in the potential of the human mind to birth all that we conceive. One of its most fascinating gifts, our imaginations.
    We do need imagination but we still need to distinguish imagination from fact.

and that is not one of religions strong point....just sayin

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6?
    Socionics
    o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    What possibly makes you think that? There have been many pictures taken from the Earth, the Moon, and from deeper space that demonstrate quite clearly there is only one large celestial object orbiting our planet. If there were more we would measure quite profound and conflicting effects on our tidal cycles and, unless you were suggesting it's invisible or actively hides from our cameras, see it from an acceptable distance from Earth. The hypothesis of a second moon orbiting Earth is quite falsifiable, and has indeed been falsified.
    lol yea, yet somehow there are still some people out there who still think the universe is geocentric /facepalm

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    You've used observation and the assumption that our universe follows predictable, simple patterns which can be known by humans. You've assumed there is something like universal laws of nature.
    But you can't be 100% sure of that... 99,9999999999999%, yes, but not 100%. Who says there is no invisible second moon made of magical diamond which is pulled by the earth's gravity but doesn't pull back?
    I'm as sure of the non-existence of a god as I am of that second moon. The god hypothesis - "there is at least one being which is more original than us, caused us to be (whether by creating us out of dirt or by manipulating matter and genes over millions of years) and cares about us (whether in a good or a bad way) and wants us to do his will" - is as falsifiable as the second moon hypothesis.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I'm a Pantheist with Christian and Deistic leanings. Which is to say that God, an abstract entity encompassing the laws of physics, created the universe and was involved in certain events depicted within the Bible, though mostly within the New Testament. However, I do not believe that God has any involvement in miracles outside of these isolated events. I cannot conceive of God who created the physical laws of the universe only to go against them to help any insignificant member of ape-descended species. Nor do I believe in a God that possesses anything that we would identify as conciousness.

I'm as sure of the non-existence of a god as I am of that second moon. The god hypothesis - "there is at least one being which is more original than us, caused us to be (whether by creating us out of dirt or by manipulating matter and genes over millions of years) and cares about us (whether in a good or a bad way) and wants us to do his will" - is as falsifiable as the second moon hypothesis.
    It is not within the realm of science to say that something does or does not exist with any certainty. The most that can be done with non-falsible objects within the universe is to simply remain agnostic on their existence or to state that a set of data points to a particular conclusion.
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

You've used observation and the assumption that our universe follows predictable, simple patterns which can be known by humans. You've assumed there is something like universal laws of nature.
    But you can't be 100% sure of that... 99,9999999999999%, yes, but not 100%. Who says there is no invisible second moon made of magical diamond which is pulled by the earth's gravity but doesn't pull back?
    All right, I guess if you want to throw the laws of physics and the rest of the natural sciences out the window, you can come up with whatever ridiculous bullshit you like.

MBTI
    ENTP

The bible is irrational.