User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    why the heck should people hurt their feelings if we point out some logical inconsistencies? it just doesent make any sense if you think it with logic, because its a good thing to notice that i am wrong, so that i can be right and get out of this illusion that i thought was right. but sometimes we tend to forget that others doesent work like this, and we blurt out logic that might make us look bit like TJ types. this doesent mean that we are close like J types, because the J type comes from using extroverted decision making function(Je), not from using or showing much of introverted decision making function(Ji).
    Yeah, that's another thing I was thinking, about how we do do a lot of judging and criticism in order to create improvement. My ISFP friend got incredibly frustrated with me because we were working on a project, she got an idea and just wanted to run with it, but I was picking at it, taking it apart and trying to put it back together in a more effective way. Then she got pissed off at me and wouldn't talk for the rest of the lesson. -_-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Fair enough. The people I know who seem to be ISTPs (maybe they're F's then, though they seemed rather logically based) are lazy and casual and just go with whatever suits their fancy. But I guess most types can be lazy, and I'm sure a lot of them probably do plan more than I think. It's just if I am planning on going to do something I will run over all sorts of possible situations in my head and create ideas for how to react in each of them. They don't always work though.
    Everybody is not going to be exacty like the type descriptions says, I think it's good you have some organization in your life, but is it internal or external, ALL Ps have some kind of internal organization as their dom or aux(I still don't think that's the right word for it but uh). Some of these personality traits have little to do with type too, like being organized could be because of upbringing, the current situation ect. So there will be asshole-ish, selfish feelers, messy judgers, outgoing introverts, emotional thinkers, and shy extroverts.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I was thinking about the dom ter loops an INTP can get into, like the TiSi loop(if you know what that is), that would make them unusually cautious and risk-averse, possibly making them seem very prepared(mirroring ISJs). Then I thought about a ESFP in a SeTe(or ENFP in NeTe) loop, I think that might be the closest a P will get to being J-ish(mirroring ETJs). Many of the characteristics of judging in MBTI is mainly centered on extroverted thinking, I've heard a few FJs say they don't completely conform to all the judger traits, like being very organized and efficient. A EFP in a dom-ter loop will definitely display the most "judger" characteristics out of all the perceivers, there's your anwser.

This especially made sense looking at my sister who is an ENFP, I think she has strong Te and can be extremely bossy and anxious if things don't go her way(this made it hell to grow up with her), sometimes she just doesn't display the usually light-hearted, airy, jovial ENFP traits, this made me question her type until I learned about the functions(she could be mistaken for a judger to someone new to her). But in alot of ways she is still more disorganized than I am, but I am waaaaaaaay more laidback and accommodating than she'll ever be.

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Most Ps will just head straight in, but INTPs tend to make sure they are completely prepared for whatever it is.
    I think introversion plays a role in hestitancy to jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I'd say it seems like STPs are the J-est Ps, they have an directive interaction style that most Js have and they are known to be "doers". Thinking before acting is more of an introvert trait, I don't know how you got that confused with being a judger. In fact, INTPs are probably the least type concerned with external order and decisions(they have Fe as their last function, and that is not as "organized" as Te.(P.S., you don't have to be a judger to make a plan, but following through on the plan seems to be an judger strength that I envy).
    I'd say ESTP is the J-est looking P for the reasons you describe above. I agree that thinking before acting is more an introverted trait than a judging one.

One thing that's confusing is according to some sources, it makes it sound like Ps just jump in without thinking while according to other sources, Ps want sufficient information before taking action. I guess the former would be more common with EPs, the latter with IPs.

I know for myself, I care far more about internal order than external. Once I've made a plan, I do like to be able to follow through on it though. (I have a weak P preference).
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Thanks for explaining all this guys. I can see where you're all coming from, and the different sorts of planning involved with Ti and Te.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by suchirony View Post
    I'd say ESTP is the J-est looking P for the reasons you describe above.
    ESTPs and ENTJs share some surface traits too, ESTPs are sometimes mistaken for a ENTJs, they both have a in-charge interaction style.

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

One thing that's confusing is according to some sources, it makes it sound like Ps just jump in without thinking while according to other sources, Ps want sufficient information before taking action. I guess the former would be more common with EPs, the latter with IPs.
    Yeah that's another thing, EPs actually seem more decisive than IPs but then IPs seem far less implusive than EPs, and then I've heard a few ENPs say they are not implusive, so it mainly seems like a Se trait, I would say IPs are probably the most indecisive group, even though I have internal principles/standards or whatever I feel like they are always changing when new information comes in, which is like all the time.

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I agree that the "risk-management" aspects of INTPs -- to be frugal on commitment -- can seem J, but come on... the P is insanely obvious due to Ne whimsy and lack of external structuring.

EVERYTHING is open-ended... everything.

You'll really only see the J of Ti (which is a Ji function) from the demand for great nuance in how an idea is qualified/expressed. That's where the anal/finicky aspects really can come out. There can also be a big judgment expressed on behavior and thinking the INTP considers irrational, especially if it infringes on her freedom.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think introversion plays a role in hestitancy to jump in.

Yup. I often score as a weak J on typical typing tests, and I think that has a lot to do with it. Those tests try to score each of the four scales separately, and sometimes that doesn't work so well. On J/P questions, the P answers often say things like, "I react quickly and improvise" or "I tend to be impulsive". More true of ExxPs than IxxPs.

Also, since J/P describes how one relates to the outer world, the preference is more "out-there" and obvious in extroverts. So extroverted Ps are easier to spot than introverted ones, and the same is true for Js.

Lenore Thomson wrote in her book, "Extreme extroverts...may find that their self-experience coincides almost entirely with their P or J traits. For extreme introverts, the opposite is true".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Lenore Thomson wrote in her book, "Extreme extroverts...may find that their self-experience coincides almost entirely with their P or J traits. For extreme introverts, the opposite is true".
    I'm a pretty strong introvert and I feel messy and disorganized(very P) as shit, I'm a dominant introverted thinker, I don't think that statement holds up very well.

Johari Nohari