• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] How to Be an ENTP in Thirty Days (± NTProcrastination)

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
HOW TO BE AN ENTP IN THIRTY DAYS
The Ultimate Guide to becoming an ENTP
Also known as the Annoyingus Intuitus Cogitus Quietus, or "common ENTP"
Also known as 8w7
Also known as SCUEI
Also known as hey wait a second are you reading this why this is really freakin' small and light you must be one of the guys that reads copyright info but ok you're hear and i'm here so how about you pm me if you really went out of your way to finish this sentence

Disclaimer: AlmightyArKives ltd. ("The Company") does not guarantee that this program will turn you ("You") into an ENTP; nor that it will take 30 days, either. The Company is not responsible, liable, or empathetic for any adverse effects that may or may not occur as the result of attempted ENTP transmutation, including the following: delusion, hysteria, schizophrenia, ADD, ADHD, AIDS, need of aid, denial of such aid, intense denial, intense emotion, excessive motion, motions to adjourn, a journey into the unknown, other unknowns, bastard children and small fires.

Second Disclaimer: If you can't read this with your tongue inside your cheek, you need a longer tongue or a higher... amount of Botox.

OK, enough fancy title formatting.

Introduction: Wanna be an ENTP?

We've all seen them before. And it's hard not to: they stand out. The ENTP

Before I get to what an ENTP is (although here's a spoiler: a contradiction), I think it's important to establish why you should want to be an ENTP. And it's easy: because they're fucking awesome.

Look around you. All of the ideas, all of the laws, all of the societies. These are the products of NTs, fruits of intellectual labor. Now, it's true that ENTJ is probably the best boss, being able to keep people in line to the very end, and not blindly. It's true that INTJs are intensely pragmatic, with insights so invaluable that you might wonder how you ever lived without them. And it's true that INTPs are brilliant, with a possible depth of understanding that may never be experienced by most men.

But who is invaluable at almost all of these steps? A visionary. A leader. Someone brilliant but with grassroots charm that can see what the people need, why they need it, tell it to them, and adjust appropriately. That's where the crazy motherfucking ENTP steps in. You could look for anyone that's holding the cutting edge, the blunted pen, the unconventional opinion. Or you could look for anyone named Q. Either way, you have an ENTP.

In a nutshell, a well developed ENTP is probably smack in the middle of a Venn diagram composed of every type (I have yet to try this, but I'm making a point here). They're primary extroverted intuitive perceivers, so you'd know they're great at a party and are ingenious. But then they're also introverted thinkers, so they can be serious, intelligent and detached when they have to be: crucial in today's fast moving, amoral world. This tendency to be amoral is countered by a tertiary Fe, which makes sure that this tendency doesn't get out of hand, and that you have a reliable friend behind you. And, despite the fact that introverted sensing, or experience, is inferior, this means that an ENTP is always moving forward In terms of sheer adaptability, capability, potential and fun, you could do a lot worse than be an ENTP.

Hell, you ALWAYS do worse than being an ENTP, and that's a FACT*.

So, now the question remains: how do we join this fashionable elite few?

What is an ENTP?

As much as I'd like to say that ENTPs are made, not born, Jung said they're born. But, hey, fuck it: I'm trying to be a fucking ENTP, so out with that! UNLEASH YOUR INNER ENTP!**

When you're thinking of becoming an ENTP, it's important to choose what kind of ENTP you want to be (side note: ENTP sounds like a toothless Native American trying to give directions). Like other subtypes of Jungian psychology, ENTP has "subber"-types, of their own. Unlike other subtypes, all ENTP subbertypes are equally awesome. While the INTP varies from masterful physicist to fast-food worker, the INTJ from Supreme Commander to furry-mongrel, and the ENTJ from asshole to worse***, the ENTP, although often times a laughable failure, can shrug it off entirely: it's a part of the act.

So, what are the main subber types of an ENTP? I have identified four:

• [*]The Gadly[*]The Innovator[*]The Lawyer[*]God

Let's go down the list and leave the best for last.

The Gadfly

479px-Jesus_is_coming.._Look_Busy_(George_Carlin).jpg
hicks.jpg
socrates.jpg

Above: Famous Gadflies George Carlin, Bill Hicks and the Gadfly of Athens himself, Socrates

Gadflies are what most ENTPs are in their youth: non-conforming and just discovering their gift for the gab. Some keep pursuing this gift and become one of the most needed kind of citizen in society today: the satirist. Although ENTP humor may show a tendency for the random, or the surreal, that is simply due to a lack of application. Combine this humor with the ENTP insight and intelligence, and you have a devastating combination: a non-conformist with a bite, that won't get off your back. Gadfly ENTPs are the ultimate truth-sayers.

The Innovator
B35.jpg
468px-Thomas_Edison2.jpg
buckminster-fuller.jpg

Above: Richard Feynman, Thomas Edison (although probably ENTX) and Buckminster Fuller, whose lexicon scccreeeaaammms Ne

Innovators drive the motor of the world. When an ENTP is a knowledge worker, you know shit's about to go down, because oftentimes ENTPs are completely uncompromising when they have faith in an idea and do everything in their power to make sure it comes into reality.

Well, at least the prototype.

ENTP Innovator subber-types ride off the high from solving problems and generating new ones, as well as getting people to do it for them and take the reigns after everything has been figured out. Some people call this a weakness, but it might as well be the case: creativity begets more creativity, and innovators make full use of the Ne-Ti combination beget to them. New thoughts from these people are indispensable in our society today.

Most ENTPs experiment with being innovators in their later school careers, when they might have the time or the resources to do so.

The Lawyer

barack-obama1.jpg
Thank_060818105924764_wideweb__300x375.jpg

Above: Possible Lawyer Barack Obama, and Aaron Eckhart in "Thank You For Smoking"

Not much to say here. Except, you know, the constitution was drafted by a bunch of NTs, and you can bet your ass that some of them happened to be ENTPs. I think that this is a habit that no NTP truly rids themselves of: the habit of the love of debate, the wonders and amorality of argument and feeling right. By the way, this is a wonderful ENTP strength: In no shape, size or form do most ENTPs take an argument personally. While a lot of us NTs argue for sport, sometimes it is tough to distance ourselves fully, thus missing out on something that the opposition may give to us. But, oooh no, not the ENTP: the ENTP can be WRONG, and admit to it!

God

loki.jpg
Q_portrait.jpg

Above: ENTP Gods Loki, who is uncharacteristically getting his ass kicked, and Q. Well, Q. 'Nuff said.

Not following God, not like God, not even gods: straight up G-O-D.

Although most ENTPs aren't God, being God confers many benefits to ENTPs, namely:

• Sovereign Power: What better way to be non-conforming to the rules.... by making the rules? And not caring?
  • All-Knowingness: Although it's futile to know everything (sorry guys, but it's true), it's still something to live up to. The pursuit of knowledge is the pursuit of godliness. And imagine all the debates you'd win.
  • Sick Humor: You have to admit, that if God exists, he'd have an NT's humor to let this place fuck up this bad.

Irrefutably, most Gods, and the best Gods, are ENTP. So what are you waiting for?

So what are YOU going to do for ME?

I'm going to attack this problem the only way an INTP knows how: by overanalyzing the shit out of it and drafting plans that never get followed through with.

Just kidding. I've been brainstorming topics to post over the next thirty days on how to be more ENTP-like. Will they be scientific? are they true? NO FUCKING CLUE!

SO JOIN ME MA BROTHAS AND SISTAS ON THIS TREK TO DIS GREAT LAAAAAND.

(The end)

Well, OK, not quite. If there are those of you that don't think that somehow you can become whoever you want to be, how about a lesson from an ENTP on how important it is to keep trying:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwoEXlTph0"][/YOUTUBE]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:happy0065: Great guide :D

Dont forget the hint to hook up ten water boilers in your kitchen at once in the morning, switch them all on and then giggle childy because you crippled your neighbourhoods power supply ! :D

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Last year I used to be an INTJ, and yes, like you said, I did "insight" on it.

Something more or less "clicked" in my head, and then I said "alright, junior year, I got this".

I don't know how, but it was more or less just me stepping out there and "taking the world by storm".

So now I have a formula: knowledge + insight + experience.

But anyway, if you want to know the main thing I discovered before the "click", it's that the traits are already there, you just have to shift them around and develop them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Did you change your profile for this thread especially, entropie?

No I changed it back some time in the afternoon today.

I am very unsure regarding my type at the moment and I figured if I show that to early, people will maybe try to help me figuring it out and confuse me more. Due to that I leave it to entp now.

Something's definitly changing for me. I've made the majority of posts on this website while having at least one beer in my system, so and this is what my girlfriend said, this maybe why I always picked the entp type. The few semi-professional tests I did now all gave me the INTJ.

I am very unsure about this atm, my gf said the type profile fits me perfectly. The things I've read up on INTJs so far on the net tho aint made for my age no more.

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Last year I used to be an INTJ, and yes, like you said, I did "insight" on it.

Something more or less "clicked" in my head, and then I said "alright, junior year, I got this".

I don't know how, but it was more or less just me stepping out there and "taking the world by storm".

So now I have a formula: knowledge + insight + experience.

But anyway, if you want to know the main thing I discovered before the "click", it's that the traits are already there, you just have to shift them around and develop them.

This. I was an INTP and changed to an entp.

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
If I might add one thing:

The best of the best come from both worlds

Your introversion is valuable. The knowledge you gain from being able to devote a ton of energy to your thinking is precious.

Keep your close relationships, keep some time to yourself. Extroversion is alluring, but when synergized with your introversion, you become unstoppable.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
If I might add one thing:

The best of the best come from both worlds

Your introversion is valuable. The knowledge you gain from being able to devote a ton of energy to your thinking is precious.

Keep your close relationships, keep some time to yourself. Extroversion is alluring, but when synergized with your introversion, you become unstoppable.

I know. I wouldn't give up my robust thinking for the world.

However there are some extroverted traits that I think all INTPs could use, primary or not. Namely, the ability to chill the fuck out and the ability to try. I think that these are the INTP type's biggest downsides, having been on both sides of the I/E coin: that our minds are too overactive but at the same time too focused (which is actually something true blue introverts can't help), and that sometimes we procrastinate, not out of boredom, but out of fear of imperfection (which, once again, is correlated with true blue introverts).

As someone brought up, the challenge here is not only just to build good social skills (which is easier than one generally thinks), but to actually build extrovert tendencies, including just chilling out, having fun, and having a general sense of adventure. Someone in another thread remarked that I based observations of Shakespeare on false stereotypes, and I hope I'm not doing the same... too much... here.

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
As someone brought up, the challenge here is not only just to build good social skills (which is easier than one generally thinks), but to actually build extrovert tendencies, including just chilling out, having fun, and having a general sense of adventure. Someone in another thread remarked that I based observations of Shakespeare on false stereotypes, and I hope I'm not doing the same... too much... here.

Been there, done that. You're on the right track. Just keep in mind who you are, and know this:

Good and bad are relative terms; all traits can be beneficial.

I just hope you don't mind being lectured in this subject by a highschooler.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Been there, done that. You're on the right track. Just keep in mind who you are, and know this:

Good and bad are relative terms; all traits can be beneficial.

I just hope you don't mind being lectured in this subject by a highschooler.

LOL. Who here knows what the fuck they're doing anyway? :p

And no, I know all traits can be beneficial. But... I don't know. If I was ever an ENTP, I'd say that'd be the best of me. I'd like a balance, but... still.

Also that means we're probably similarly aged. How old are you?

A. Zhang

MBTI Type
ENTJ
When I was a freshman, I was arrogant to an extreme. I toned that down and harnessed it as self-confidence.

You have the traits, shuffle them and develop them. Tone down the thinking and focus on what's around you, but just remember, introversion isn't all that bad, it's linked to giftedness and intelligence, so keep it for when you need it.

and on the last note, I'm 16.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:thinking:

being able to convert to ENTP would be quite handy when i get in situations that having Fi sucks in.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Whatever type you are, focus on developing all your functions effectively, especially the ones that you're not very good at.

</wisdom>

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The F is dying. The awesome lives. I'm somewhere in the middle of all the abstractions, stuck in a college class becoming something amazing in spite of dull teachers.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you'll find that some INTPs can be very ENTP like, childish, crazy and awesome, witty and incredible yet at the same time, highly logical and prodigal. But they are not Es in the MBTI sense, and that is, gaining energy off of social interaction. They get it from within. Inner awesomeness. BAM. OP, You might be one of these INTPs you know? I might be one of these INTPs... you'll only know with time.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Either way this world is ours...after I finish this breakfast.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I stand with Socrates = INTP.

Also, I was an ESFJ seconds ago. I was also an ESFP last night and then after a few years, I became SSTN. Actually, I started my life as an ENTJ and worked my way to becoming an ISFJ. But I get tired each time, so I just went with XXXX. ;D

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I stand with Socrates = INTP.

Also, I was an ESFJ seconds ago. I was also an ESFP last night and then after a few years, I became SSTN. Actually, I started my life as an ENTJ and worked my way to becoming an ISFJ. But I get tired each time, so I just went with XXXX. ;D

Satan?
Sex?