User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ

I came back home last night from a home field football game against a rival school.

After a 10-year winning streak, we got pounded and lost, 43-0. Nothing special to be said there, other than the fact that I met a new friend .

MBTI
    ENXP

Not what I meant, but OK.

Anyway, your main a point is that just to consistently to engage one's social skills. I think somehow I should just be content with the response I get rather than trying to orchestrate a response.

Thanks for the comments so far, I appreciate it and am open to more.

MBTI
    ENTJ

you got it. Build a habit. Jump in there.

That's all, now I gotta finish my damn homework. I had 4 friends come by unexpectedly, and had to treat them to an hour or two on my trampoline....

Ace Zhang, signing off....

you can get better at anything with focused, conscientious practice.

</wisdom>
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

I dont think just "jumping in" works that well. Lots of weird situations when the odd hippie from the corner who never talks just pops in during a convo. But the thing thats made me more social lately, besides unnatural use of alcohol, has been training Ne.

Every INTP knows how to do it, on the occasion when we feel secure were basically ENTP's. We dont need "training" on how to use Ne, but kind of when to use it. I realized that when this ENTJ made sarcastic remarks on everything my teacher said on a psychology class, while i sat comfortably hazed in my Ti. I was feeding my Ti by thinking of something completely useless, while the ENTJ got his satisfaction by the outside stimuli.

Every INTP has social connections, okay not that sure, but the point. Every INTP knows the strange satisfaction you get from using Ne and making people giggle, its like heroine injected to your frontal lobe. BUT we just dont use Ne as often as ENTP's, so in my opinion the first step is trying to force yourself out of that comfortable hellish gorge of Ti, and SEEK for situations which make using Ne possible, and the biggest point is getting that satisfaction out of it. Makes you want to have more. See whats around, everything can be turned into something beautifully irrelevant and silly when using Ne. Just socializing doesnt make you an E, consciously increasing the usage of the second function makes you an E, I's can be social too, right?

And my experiences with my adventure into the tempting world of ENTP'ness? I've got kicked in the head by an ESTJ woman who apparently really appreciated my sense of humour, and people have started calling me insensitive, dunno why. I also have a flu, not sure how that's connected but i remain suspicious.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Barlwooh View Post
    I dont think just "jumping in" works that well. Lots of weird situations when the odd hippie from the corner who never talks just pops in during a convo. But the thing thats made me more social lately, besides unnatural use of alcohol, has been training Ne.

Every INTP knows how to do it, on the occasion when we feel secure were basically ENTP's. We dont need "training" on how to use Ne, but kind of when to use it. I realized that when this ENTJ made sarcastic remarks on everything my teacher said on a psychology class, while i sat comfortably hazed in my Ti. I was feeding my Ti by thinking of something completely useless, while the ENTJ got his satisfaction by the outside stimuli.

Every INTP has social connections, okay not that sure, but the point. Every INTP knows the strange satisfaction you get from using Ne and making people giggle, its like heroine injected to your frontal lobe. BUT we just dont use Ne as often as ENTP's, so in my opinion the first step is trying to force yourself out of that comfortable hellish gorge of Ti, and SEEK for situations which make using Ne possible, and the biggest point is getting that satisfaction out of it. Makes you want to have more. See whats around, everything can be turned into something beautifully irrelevant and silly when using Ne. Just socializing doesnt make you an E, consciously increasing the usage of the second function makes you an E, I's can be social too, right?

And my experiences with my adventure into the tempting world of ENTP'ness? I've got kicked in the head by an ESTJ woman who apparently really appreciated my sense of humour, and people have started calling me insensitive, dunno why. I also have a flu, not sure how that's connected but i remain suspicious.
    That!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Barlwooh View Post

That's pretty much how it worked for me. I switched schools and decided to try and be social. it worked.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    But could we affect that threshold? The brain is so very, very plastic.
    But how plastic is the question. One shouldn't need to toy around with the brain circuits that much. Given that we don't know much about the brain, shouldn't we be more cautious in taking these chemical interventions?
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i dont have time to read much now, but introverts are introverted because of much stimuli, so they get more anxious when there is alot stimuli coming from the outer world also. extroverts have low stimuli coming from inside, so they seeks stimuli from outside world to keep them from being under stimulated.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read