User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    Member A. Zhang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    Something about this tells me working-memory training is a good step in the right direction.
    I never really thought about that, but that's because my base was INTJ.

    You can try it, but there's one thing I must stress, experience.

    In other words, get out there and DO SOMETHING!

  2. #22
    Member A. Zhang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    90

    Default

    oh wait, let me add a few more "!!!!!" for emphasis, k?

  3. #23
    Senior Member Kenneth Almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Zhang View Post
    I never really thought about that, but that's because my base was INTJ.

    You can try it, but there's one thing I must stress, experience.

    In other words, get out there and DO SOMETHING!
    Ti: nuuuuuuuu! leave me in my solipistic sheeelllll!
    Ne: But think of the women! Think of the children!
    Ti: THE CHILDREN!?!?!
    Ne: ... good point. But set mee freeeeee!
    True story(tm).

  4. #24
    Member A. Zhang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Ok, I assumed you read up on your profile and the ENTP profile.

    I also assume that from previous posts, you have sufficient social skills.

    Go tell someone your brilliant crazy ideas, tell me how it works out.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Kenneth Almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Zhang View Post
    Ok, I assumed you read up on your profile and the ENTP profile.

    I also assume that from previous posts, you have sufficient social skills.

    Go tell someone your brilliant crazy ideas, tell me how it works out.
    Which ones? :P

    Edit: I admit it's easier to be an ENTP online than off. I doubt online and offline alter-egos are especially conducive.

  6. #26
    Member A. Zhang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    Which ones? :P
    Hmmm....

    Let's see, in the case of a social situation, your brilliant intuition should be enough to constantly have enough ideas to keep a conversation, but back to the topic....

    First, us, because we're on your side.

    Then, (sorry, you're gonna have to run before you crawl), jump in with an acquaintance and try to follow the conversation along, with your brilliant intuition, of course.

    Important thing though, try to realize when it is a good time to end a conversation, and end it well.

  7. #27
    Member A. Zhang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Seriously though, experience.

    In the beginning of my junior year, you know what I did?

    Say hi and introduce myself to the random stranger sitting next to me in my new classes. Seriously....

    Now I have no shortage of friends.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Kenneth Almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Zhang View Post
    Hmmm....

    Let's see, in the case of a social situation, your brilliant intuition should be enough to constantly have enough ideas to keep a conversation, but back to the topic....

    First, us, because we're on your side.

    Then, (sorry, you're gonna have to run before you crawl), jump in with an acquaintance and try to follow the conversation along, with your brilliant intuition, of course.

    Important thing though, try to realize when it is a good time to end a conversation, and end it well.
    You've done some thought on this.

    Anyway, I'm trying to get out of the "Walking Encyclopedia" style of conversation, where I just blurt facts and quotes. I think it's important to have an opinion, as poorly thought out as it could be. My current "Mouth from the South" style viewpoint is that certain mental diseases (schizophrenia, bipolar, aspergers) shouldn't be cured, and they're primarily targeted due to social stigma rather than medical need. It gets some veins flowing.

    Also I'm trying to think of as many compliments for the Nazis as possible.

  9. #29
    Member A. Zhang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    90

    Default

    it's never more important what you say as when and how you say it.

    The most important thing in a conversation is follow the flow of it.

    Say what comes naturally, because more often than not, what you thought of saying will completely derail it.

    If you do have something in mind to talk about, edge the target into the subject, never attack them with it on the get-go.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Kenneth Almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Zhang View Post
    it's never more important what you say as when and how you say it.

    The most important thing in a conversation is follow the flow of it.

    Say what comes naturally, because more often than not, what you thought of saying will completely derail it.

    If you do have something in mind to talk about, edge the target into the subject, never attack them with it on the get-go.
    The Game?

Similar Threads

  1. The trouble with brain scans
    By Olm the Water King in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 02:08 PM
  2. Is having a tendency to give someone the benefit of the doubt associated with F?
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 10:23 PM
  3. Where does the introverted/extraverted function difference show up?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 11:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO