User Tag List

123 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Anger issues in different NTs

This is probably far too general a question...but I am curious about how the different NT types feel, express and deal with anger. Outbursts? Cold withdrawals? Get over it quickly? Brood forever?

A general breakdown for the four NT types would be great. Cheers!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I do not get angry terribly often. I am more likely to get depressed. However, if I do get angry, I am awful at expressing it and I usually just withdraw.

When a computer produces nonsensical errors, it may happen that I hit the table and yell 'fuck' or 'aaah'. Most times, however, I sigh.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

LOL at these responses so far. Well, at least Nicodemus.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    I do not get angry terribly often. I am more likely to get depressed. However, if I do get angry, I am awful at expressing it and I usually just withdraw.
    What is your type...? INTJ perchance? (sounds quite a lot like INFJ)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Grand implosion! Most of my feelings are dealt with on the inside
    However, there are the occasional biting of heads. But that's mild anger, when I can still think. When I'm really angry, like sad angry, I'll shut down until I'm over it. That's my way of taking control of my anger. How I handle it. I see this in my ESTJ sis too.

Most of my anger, I'll ignore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    This is probably far too general a question...but I am curious about how the different NT types feel, express and deal with anger. Outbursts? Cold withdrawals? Get over it quickly? Brood forever?
    When younger, I used to get morbidly depressed all the time -- self-directed anger at my own powerlessness and feeling misunderstood. If I did ever get angry, it was after a huge buildup -- I typically became sullen and withdraw, coldly angry, and then if I was pushed hard enough and couldn't avoid the target of my anger, I'd completely explode. Nowadays, some of the same patterns exist, just far less extreme. I do note that even when I finally lose it for a very short while, I have an extremely hard time holding a grudge/anger against people; once everything is defused, if the situation has changed, then I can't keep a wall up.

It's kind of hard to do this by type; a lot of anger patterns (since anger is typically a secondary emotion triggered by hurt) is individual, not general, and based on the amount of power that person feels to voice their opinions and/or control their lives, which can be very specific to the individual based on environment, upbringing, and life experience regardless of type.

I think IPs are far more prone to sulking and withdrawing, EPs seem to be more positive or feel more power overall to change things, but both are adaptive types and can sometimes feel trapped in life; and your TJ types more prone to fighting for direct control and using specific concrete response patterns to break out or get control rather than flexing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's kind of hard to do this by type; a lot of anger patterns (since anger is typically a secondary emotion triggered by hurt) is individual, not general, and based on the amount of power that person feels to voice their opinions and/or control their lives, which can be very specific to the individual based on environment, upbringing, and life experience regardless of type.
    Tis thumbs up .

I suffer from curiosity and irascibility but outbursts in the latter one are really on rare occasions. Sometimes, if something's not working the way I want at the computer or a thing is frustrating, I tend to throw the mouse / cat thru the room, but it does not happen often. I had 3 mouses so far in my life, so this may be an indicator for me ( 1 cat btw )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think IPs are far more prone to sulking and withdrawing, EPs seem to be more positive or feel more power overall to change things, but both are adaptive types and can sometimes feel trapped in life; and your TJ types more prone to fighting for direct control and using specific concrete response patterns to break out or get control rather than flexing.
    Thanks for your interesting response.

This is broadening it from NT types, but also I think Js are far more likely to hold grudges, aren't they...maybe IxxJs in particular?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My INTP dude liked to sit on his anger until his cup ran over and he'd explode. By that time I'd have no idea why he was so mad and think that his anger was totally disproportionate.

He would also go into these depressed modes that's being described here, and just sit in the dark like a creepy vampire.

Banned

I usually don't get angry. Last time it happend I got violent though. I'm not very good at supressing myself when I go off, and betrayal is unacceptable for me. I could carry a grudge forever, but sometimes It's best just to forget about it.