User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Discoloration

  1. #1
    Member A. Zhang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    90

    Default Discoloration

    We all know our types, and they're often accurate in describing who we are,

    but we each have personal experiences that make our personalities a little "off" from the description.

    For instance: I am rational, forceful, and assertive, like any strongly expressed ENTJ, but I am somewhat restrained with it.

    Why? Because I've made alot of mistakes in the past, and because of that, I strongly value experience.

    What sets you apart from your type?

  2. #2
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A. Zhang View Post
    For instance: I am rational, forceful, and assertive, like any strongly expressed ENTJ, but I am somewhat restrained with it.

    Why? Because I've made alot of mistakes in the past, and because of that, I strongly value experience.
    Sorry to be a bit off-topic but these two paragraphs made me think of Jaguar's DISC thread which might be helpful to you for figuring out what drives you. Focus on the natural vs adaptive styles.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...491-post1.html

  3. #3
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    I think I'm slightly more aware of people's feelings than the average INTJ. I try not to act like an arrogant ass. Of course, that's relative. I'm no NF.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  4. #4
    Senior Member copperfish17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    712

    Default

    I am an extremely competent sweet talker (in comparison to your "average" NT).

    There are 2 Fe-doms in my immediate family and I have an ENFJ best friend.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Well I can feel pretty emotional for an NT, but I always try to be objective and rational and have a strong desire for accuracy and competency, as is the norm for INTPs.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Sorry to be a bit off-topic but these two paragraphs made me think of Jaguar's DISC thread which might be helpful to you for figuring out what drives you. Focus on the natural vs adaptive styles.

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...491-post1.html
    Agreed. Definitely worth the time it takes.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Kenneth Almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Posts
    184

    Default

    That I'm a damn good impromptu speaker and I get highs when I speak in front of crowds, act, perform etc.

    Unfortunately afterwards I get major lows, placing me back in the I range.

  9. #9
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    That I'm a damn good impromptu speaker and I get highs when I speak in front of crowds, act, perform etc.

    Unfortunately afterwards I get major lows, placing me back in the I range.
    Must be the Fe. I don't think I could ever pull that off.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  10. #10
    Senior Member Kenneth Almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Must be the Fe. I don't think I could ever pull that off.
    My partner-in-crime on the debate team is an ISTJ, so maybe you could. His second event, extemporaneous speaking, has 30 minutes of prep-time for a 6 minute political analysis speech (Should Pakistan be involved in Afghanistan peace talks?); Your Ni could be invaluable there.

    On the other hand my second event, impromptu, I get one minute for a five minute speech that's generally about an abstract concept (happiness, vitality, "Water Under The Bridge"), and yeah I admit, takes skill :p

    This is why I have such a hard time accepting that I could be an INTP rather than an ENTP, because I was definitely an ENTP when I first signed up. Since then though I've gone through major angst and depression and I generally hate talking to people, only making me more angst and depressed. Some bad habits re-arose.

    Meh, beats me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO