User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Discoloration

MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Discoloration

We all know our types, and they're often accurate in describing who we are,

but we each have personal experiences that make our personalities a little "off" from the description.

For instance: I am rational, forceful, and assertive, like any strongly expressed ENTJ, but I am somewhat restrained with it.

Why? Because I've made alot of mistakes in the past, and because of that, I strongly value experience.

What sets you apart from your type?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Zhang View Post
    For instance: I am rational, forceful, and assertive, like any strongly expressed ENTJ, but I am somewhat restrained with it.

Why? Because I've made alot of mistakes in the past, and because of that, I strongly value experience.
    Sorry to be a bit off-topic but these two paragraphs made me think of Jaguar's DISC thread which might be helpful to you for figuring out what drives you. Focus on the natural vs adaptive styles.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...491-post1.html

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I think I'm slightly more aware of people's feelings than the average INTJ. I try not to act like an arrogant ass. Of course, that's relative. I'm no NF.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I am an extremely competent sweet talker (in comparison to your "average" NT).

There are 2 Fe-doms in my immediate family and I have an ENFJ best friend.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Well I can feel pretty emotional for an NT, but I always try to be objective and rational and have a strong desire for accuracy and competency, as is the norm for INTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Sorry to be a bit off-topic but these two paragraphs made me think of Jaguar's DISC thread which might be helpful to you for figuring out what drives you. Focus on the natural vs adaptive styles.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...491-post1.html
    Agreed. Definitely worth the time it takes.

MBTI
    ENXP

That I'm a damn good impromptu speaker and I get highs when I speak in front of crowds, act, perform etc.

Unfortunately afterwards I get major lows, placing me back in the I range.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    That I'm a damn good impromptu speaker and I get highs when I speak in front of crowds, act, perform etc.

Unfortunately afterwards I get major lows, placing me back in the I range.
    Must be the Fe. I don't think I could ever pull that off.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Must be the Fe. I don't think I could ever pull that off.
    My partner-in-crime on the debate team is an ISTJ, so maybe you could. His second event, extemporaneous speaking, has 30 minutes of prep-time for a 6 minute political analysis speech (Should Pakistan be involved in Afghanistan peace talks?); Your Ni could be invaluable there.

On the other hand my second event, impromptu, I get one minute for a five minute speech that's generally about an abstract concept (happiness, vitality, "Water Under The Bridge"), and yeah I admit, takes skill :p

This is why I have such a hard time accepting that I could be an INTP rather than an ENTP, because I was definitely an ENTP when I first signed up. Since then though I've gone through major angst and depression and I generally hate talking to people, only making me more angst and depressed. Some bad habits re-arose.

Meh, beats me.