I didn't even like kids when I was one.
    Daria quote or coincidence?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

She quotes me all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Daria quote or coincidence?
    Heh--probably just proof that Daria's based on an NT woman. I've never watched a whole episode of that show, but I've said what Morgan said, word for word, to friends in real life.

I've also stated that I like kids on a case-by-case basis. I've never really understood the idea of generically liking kids. I don't generically like all adults, and kids don't even have the social awareness to be palatable. Kids can be little jerks sometimes.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^So needy too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    ^So needy too!
    Right!? This might be my number one problem with them. That, and they have terrible taste in tv shows.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

My NT-ness doesn't overrule my biological need. I've got little genes who want to be reproduced. So I want to get pregnant and have kids, even if I'm very afraid of being a bad (not restrictive enough) mom. I'm more afraid of the raising thing (will I do it well?) than of the pregnancy thing. After all, all my ancestors succesfully reproduced, so I'm biologically totally able to reproduce.

I get tired of kids quite easily and my husband too. Still, our nieces and nephews adore us. I don't get it. I guess we are doing something right then?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    I tend to like kids less the older they get. This is a potential problem.
    This. Is. A problem. Maybe it'd be different with your own kids but I feel that way too. And I don't like all kids either.

I had to take care of my sister's dog this summer and I love dogs and I've known this dog since it was peeing in my lap and sleeping in my sneakers. But after three days of taking care of her I was blameing her for everything that went wrong in my life I started resenting her a bit basically for taking up so much space in my life and I was not happy with my sister either. I have returned the dog now and I've got nothing but love for her. But that's only because I get to leave her behind when I want to.

I'm just not sure I wanna get myself into something I can't get myself out of. That, and the biological need I keep hearing about, I don't have it (yet). I think I'll be happy just smiling at babies on the subway.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoni View Post
    Glad that I'm not the only other female that isn't dying to get pregnant. I feel like I don't have a maternal bone in my body. Babies especially horrify me with their constant crying, shitting, oozing...

I work in a photo studio that specializes in family and infant photography. Pretty much all the birth control I need.
    My birth control was working at a discount water park where the poor people from the poconos or the city vacation to with their 6 -13 children.

MBTI
    ESFP

This might be a bad time to ask, but... how does placenta sandwiches for lunch sound?

MBTI
    ENTP

I was definitely not the stereotypical glowing pregnant woman. I didn't feel like I was special or growing a miracle. Just felt fat and uncomfortable. Although I enjoyed the big boobies

And there is something about a pregnant woman to cause people to behave as if they are community property. People want to touch you, talk to you about personal information. They want to tell you their birthing stories and they want to know your birthing plan. It was shocking to me, like who really does that? Complete strangers asking you how you're going to get your baby out of your vagina.

Birth and labor weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. Mine was quick and efficient.