User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioINTP View Post
    The deeper you analyze our social structure and who is in control and how little control you have over anything the darker it looks and more helpless you feel.
    Ti is so inherently lonely - I know I can spend too much time analyzing to this point above as well. I have many INTP friends and this thread has helped me understand much better how to be helpful to them.

I understand the Ti and the darkness it can create - but I also know that I am not tied to it as strongly - I have felt like like i throw my INTP freinds a lifeline frequently by reminding them that people systems are usually broken and likely to cause chaos and havoc, but never understood why this helped. I usually start with this truth (most singular I have found for humans) and start making fun of it and trot happly into NE land via sarcasm.

It is bizarre for me to see the INTP i know who are so capable and amazing at analysis get stuck - from what I have observed of INTP externally - it truly is the blind spot of not understanding how connections with people can be beneficial and counter this Ti paralysis

We E's must seem flippant most of the time - now I know to tone it down a bit on during times like this

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Someone posted eloquently elsewhere recently...but some of it I think stems from us INTPs being afraid or not knowing how to ask for support or help. I can't decide what to do with my life and finding a job without networking is futile and never leads to something rewarding. I analyze the whole networking thing to death and feel like I am just playing a transparent game and people would see right through it....well that and I don't fucking know anyone anymore. I lost connections with everyone I ever knew basically. Often through moves (by choice or famiily).

I/we have this stubbornness to prove we can be independent and succeed on our own merit in a just world (that doesn't actually exist). I truly do treasure human connections, but I've lost everyone who I was ever close to and the cycle keeps repeating itself. I somehow drive people away or just choose poorly. Trying to start over in your 40s and make those life long friends when you are single and childless is very frustrating. My family (whats left) are absolute complete opposites of me and drive me nuts. The ones I was close to have passed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Well, even i am in a huge cluster of a system where I work that really does drive people to counseling/psychotherapeutic drugs to survive (especially the tortured ENFP). The best thing I did is that ever time I felt the Ti reminding me that ass kissing and broken systems were going to make the place fail, I would get online and submit my resume.

Here is what happed today - My Ti blew up/warped into Fi:

HTML Code:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31759&page=97
    Yeah - when you are always different AND outspoken AND usually able to easily identify what is broken (ENTP/INTP/ENFP/INFJ) - turns out most folks in charge/or afraid of change get annoyed with the animals on the farm who remember what the last set of rules were and why.

To counter this behavior concerning systems/leadership/unhealthy situations - I decided that we (all people minus the staid and reliable ISTJ) need a change every 2-3 years. A complete reset would be best (new system, environment). If nothing else for those of us with a lot of TI - it gives a new beast to tear apart. I am still too young to be completely jaded by how wrong most people usually are to stop suggesting better ways to improve how life works (Ne-ti). Until I am not so idealistic (jaded enough) I have decided to "tour" other systems and learn at a meta level what works/doesn't work and build this uber structure. Someday, I hope(?), this uber structure will yield enough data to know which lever to pull if I ever am and willing to be officially in charge...

After working for a crazy (but fun) ENFP, i have realized that while it makes no sense that an idiot can be seen as competent, it happens all the time and the biggest difference between us (Ti) and them (Te) is their willingness to make bold statements of how convicted they are of being 1) right (even if proven wrong in the next second) 2)In charge - because someone should be 3)because they have the ability to make blanket statements of their rightness (see 1) they are the people in charge (see 2).

OK - enough rambling - That last paragraph is so circular (but painfully real) that I start laughing automatically now. Spent 1 yr being pissed - Didn't do a thing so now here I go - La La La - off to new horizons. At some point, I am pretty sure we all (ENTP and INTP) develop enough Fe to be bearable and our sarcasm fades from being pointed to funny - so I am betting on this and until I am not SO WEIRD - running away to learn more and be entertained by lunacy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

As a follow up - competency will always speak for itself. It is hard for me to "boast/brag" - probably not typical for an E, but that is what networking truly is. I think that one strength the INTP have above all else is their personal (usually validated through real deliverables) awareness of their capability. In the end - the job is about trading money for skills and INTP have no shortage of skills.

If that is enough Ti proof, then networking based on talking about your strengths should come easily. Not sure what field you are in, but i have met many INTP science/engineer that were hired because that is all that needs to be proven -

company - are you good at what you do?

for INTP, this is not usually an issue

I have read the EQ (emotional intelligence) stuff a lot, but I have not bought in EQ is as important as they want it to be, especially in technical fields. Some people DONT need to know how to smooze and give eloquent presentations

We are not all robots to be finely tuned to the same polished type of gem. There is a reason we end up in different fields. I Just wish this was seen as the strength that it is for groups and not something to be normalized away

-Clarification - I don't think that all INTP fall into the low EQ end of the scale - I do think that it takes a lot of energy to do this though