• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP + INTJ = ?

flossyglam

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I am curious to see what you all think of an ENTP female with an INTJ male. How do you think this relationship would end up? What would the problems be? What would the advantanges to this pairing be?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a bit repulsed by this pairing. Unless it is an unusually cuddly and cute ENTP.

Edit: the relationship would probably end in a hail of bullets and lots of fire.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i can testify re this pairing (girl entp + boy intj). it can be spectacular. the dynamic seems to be quite symbiotic: each giving the other something while maintaining distinct identities.

flossyglam, be sure to target an emotionally mature intj. baby robots are trouble.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a bit repulsed by this pairing. Unless it is an unusually cuddly and cute ENTP.

Edit: the relationship would probably end in a hail of bullets and lots of fire.

I think it can work. Though I do think that ENFP is probably a better match for most INTJs, ENTP is probably the next best.

rogarn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Why do you consider an ENFP so much better a choice for INTJ's. I am always having so many problems with all the feelings of every ENFP i am with. I thought an ENTP might work better since they DO think logically like me.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you consider an ENFP so much better a choice for INTJ's. I am always having so many problems with all the feelings of every ENFP i am with. I thought an ENTP might work better since they DO think logically like me.

They fill out in the areas where INTJs are lacking. Warmth and understanding are the strengths of the ENFP. Also, while the preference is switched, they use the same judging functions as INTJ. ENTPs do not. It seems that the chance for misunderstanding is much greater between Te and Ti than between Te and Fi. Besides that, ENFPs are just plain awesome.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

20100927144933404.jpg

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ That circle of yours is probably just filled with sentient penises, robots, llamas and ICBMs anyway...

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Aren't you just pleasant.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I know how you INTJ joke. C'mon, where is the knife?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
flossyglam, be sure to target an emotionally mature intj. baby robots are trouble.

Yeah...I might be a little late on this response, but I thought I'd throw in my thoughts anyway.

My experience with a male INTJ I was in a relationship with was a mixed one. He wasn't one of the emotionally mature ones and while we had a great time together, in general, I felt like his complete obstinacy at being emotionally unavailable was kind of childish and infuriating. It was like he didn't even try, which was baffling because we had decided to be in a relationship together. It was also kind of like we spoke in the same language, but two different dialects (like he was Cantonese and I was Mandarin). So it was frustrating when we thought that we had "got" one another and we really hadn't.

It also didn't help that we both had strong opinions and, like YourLocalJesus said, our relationship ended in a hail of bullets and lots of fire. We're still friends, but that's probably all we'll ever be. More like brother and sister than significant others.

INFJs are a MUCH better fit. Not without it's problems, but seriously, INFJ guys are so adorably loveable. They just need to learn how to not be QUITE so emotional sometimes. :rolli:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have never come across a woman (in person) who I was certain was an ENTP.

Pretty much met every other type of every gender, and on numerous occasions.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I have seen the INTJ + ENTP combination generate miracles in the past.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Love in my case :)
I married my INTJ (she is near 50/50 T/F however) and so far it has been working great for the last ten years that we are together now.

We can settle nearly everything dispute with arguments, but as we have really similar expectancies from life and each other there is seldom a deep conflict.
We can sync up our minds really well and she is constantly able to surprise me with her wit.

Her need to stay independent really goes well with my need for this as well. So up to now I really can't complain :)