• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Teen Brain Development

DonkeyMaster

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
The last part of the brain to fully develop is the prefrontal cortex, the part responsible for planning, decision making, organization, and rational thinking. Considering that it does not fully develop until around 25 years of age, how would this affect the rational teen?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I heard between 16 and 18 is the best vintage for young brain served with a sauce hollaindaise :)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I suppose it makes them less likely to exist? People become more 'rational' as they mature, whether or not that puts them in the 'rational' category.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The last part of the brain to fully develop is the prefrontal cortex, the part responsible for planning, decision making, organization, and rational thinking. Considering that it does not fully develop until around 25 years of age, how would this affect the rational teen?

Yeah I heard about this too, at about 24 or 25, the brain is finished "the pruning process", it's like there are better, stronger connections, I wonder after this age does this mean also that the brain will be more rigid too, I hope not because I'm around this exact age. It might be harder to retain new information after the pruning process(and I like to learn new information). This informantion also has implications for people in their late teens making important life decisions in the military, college, ect.