• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP appearance trends

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Here's what I've noticed.

Slouching.
Crazy hair (common among all NPs I think).
Never have beards. Seriously? Can you think of an INTP with a beard? Well some people say Dumbledore is INTP (he's probably not), but still it's pretty uncommon.
We don't dress too fancy and are sometimes unkempt.

Yes? No? Why? Go!

Slouching... not too much, I think. I do tend to hunch over a bit when I sit down (usually trying to read computer screens...)

Crazy hair -- not really. Although I do admit to sometimes not bothering to comb it on weekends and wearing a hat.

Beard... no, clean shaven. I look really bad otherwise (I have pictures, but you're not seeing them :D)

Clothes:
I buy stuff I like and then throw it on without thinking much. I could never pay enough attention to be a trendsetter or personal stylist.
As usual Tallulah has already said what I was going to.

This is usually because I have no reason to clean myself.
:shock::cry::shock:

Ouch. I fully admit to being unkempt -- but I do take pains to stay clean :).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's what I've noticed.

Slouching.
Never have beards. Seriously? Can you think of an INTP with a beard? Well some people say Dumbledore is INTP (he's probably not), but still it's pretty uncommon.

Yes? No? Why? Go!

Slouching-- sometimes

Crazy hair-- no. It's low maintenance. It's not crazy but its not exactly what you'd call styled either.

Never have beards: I'm a female, so no to this. I know several male INTPs with beards.

Don't dress too fancy: That's true. I don't like dressing up. I begrudingly dress up for job interviews and special occassions like weddings.

Sometimes unkempt: I try to look presentable when going out. If I'm all alone, I may let things slide a little.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
My friends bug me about having a hobo beard so I don't sport it all the time, but I'm rarely clean shaven. When I go out I dress classier than most.

The only part that fits is the crazy hair.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Slouching.

Yep. It's looks bad, too, because I have hypermobile joints.

Oh hell yeah! Even seen a Puli? Or a Komondor? That's what my hair looks like except auburn. A bunch of wild, pencil-sized coils all over my head. It used to look a lot, um neater (?) because I used to straighten my hair with chemicals but I stopped years ago. Got tired of it.

Never have beards. Seriously? Can you think of an INTP with a beard?

A friend's boyfriend had a goatee. I think he's the only INTP I met IRL.

Yes to this one, too. I try to dress a little better now since I'm getting older. I do get a great deal of enjoyment picking out the right color for myself and the right kind of clothes for other people. Very hard on shoes, too.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
unfortunatley i don't really know any intps but what i gather from myself, the forum and the few i've bumped into irl,

- aren't dictated by what's in fashion although they may still care about if they look good or not compositionally
- sport low maintenance styles
- more likely to take fashion tips from anime rather than hollywood
- toss a bit of whackiness in there, e.g. crazy/unique hair style, strange accessory, an unorthodox style of clothing

I'm usually torn between dressing however i feel and not attracting attention. I'm also tragically attracted to utility, as a child my parents had to fight me from wearing uv resistant swimming goggles like common sunglasses. the urge is still there.
i have to be careful with raising my freak flag, it's a really big one.

Animus

MBTI Type
INTP
I usually only slouch when I'm in front of a computer or on big comfy couches.

My hair style goes through a cycle since I only cut it when it becomes difficult to maintain. Starts off short with no maintenance required, then to adding a little hair gel to get the sloppy hair look, and lastly it's just a complete mess.

I always try to look presentable, but I keep my wardrobe simple enough to ensure everything works without too much effort. I have a lot of jeans, black t-shirts, button-down shirts, and three pairs of shoes for daily, dress, and work use.

I don't like facial hair so I shave every other day or so.

I wear thin framed black glasses and black 2 gauge ear rings that I rarely take off.

I have yet to meet another intp to compare myself to, but I imagine we wouldn't be much different in style.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
slouch..........yes

crazy hair...................yes

i get two hair cuts a year to maintain a very messy unshaped afro meant to get one today but can't find my 10 pound note which means i'll probably leave it till the end of the year.

beard..............no haven't started growing facial hair yet lol

clothes.................i have 5 five haiwan shirts that i wear most days of the week and two pairs of jeans that's all i need.

:solidarity:peace

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
I slouch.

There is dust on my chin. And I long for the day I can safely let it all out.

I dress fairly well. Sometimes in the trendy stuff.

I like having a good haircut. Things have not been tame recently, and I hate it.

Now I'm working on the physical.

I always thought of appearance as important. The noisy masses trying to feel powerful and in control by telling me to "spruce shit up" repressed this sense for a very long time.

I wonder how this translates across culture/race? I notice minorities like me tend to care more (except with the facial hair). Controversial?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
As always everything can be attributed to the evil Fe function. Appearances are not important to the INTP, which is one of the few good traits they possess.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Slouching: While I'm sitting. When I walk/stand I make a point of standing tall. I'm so short (5'2") that I can't afford to slouch! :p Plus I like to appear confident, even when I'm walking on rocks.

Facial hair: I'm a girl, so I'm gonna say no. If I were a guy though I could totally see myself sporting a goatee. I love goatees :wubbie:

Crazy hair: I'm really lucky because my hair is naturally poker-straight. A quick brush in the morning and I'm good to go. I have been dying it unnatural shades for about a year now though - currently sporting fluorescent orange.:hifive:

Clothes: Depends. I go through phases every few weeks of wanting to wear nice clothes so I'll make an effort for a while. Then I ultimately revert to my hoodie and jeans combo. My one true love :heart:. I keep telling myself that I'll buy lots of new clothes when I slim down and get fitter though. I do feel aesthetics are important, but I'm not often very bothered. I am always clean though. I shower every day/every other day if I haven't been exercising.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never have beards. Seriously? Can you think of an INTP with a beard?

No beards? I've seen plenty of INTPs with beards, seems one of the most likely types to be bearded, actually. Usually university professor types with big, sloppy beards that carry their lunch around for them.

INTJs also often have beards (like myself) but they're usually shorter and more manicured than the bushy INTP type.

I think everything else is pretty much spot on.