User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default kind, polite INTJs?

I'm in need of advice. Although anyone who knows me well thinks I'm fundamentally a nice person, on a superficial level I am not particularly. While there are pragmatic take-over-the-world-and-get-rich reasons to change this, I also simply believe that people who take a small exta minute to consider others live intrinsically better lives. Any INTJs (or others with advice) out there with stories about how to overcome the lingering, counterproductive oh-my-god-this-person-is-an-idiot sentiment?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Realize being super intelligent prevents you from being one of those idiots...but there are other things that make you an idiot.

Realize that after you ticked all your professional goals on your life's checklist, you'll have to think of something else to do.

Realize that money, power, technology, science all suck ass in the end. And there are many things left when you've taken those off of one's life....

...or are there?

Don't try to be polite. Politeness is bad. Try to be kind though. But genuinely so. Understand why it's good to be kind. Not just for others...why would it be good for you? You'd get laid more often? Not a good answer. You'd have more friends? Not a good answer either. Try to dig into that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

I got over it today, with a regular customer that is always a douche. He's very to the point and factual, overbearingly so. I stopped for a second and thought, 'he is simply having a business transaction, do not take it personal.' And then I even thought, 'he is an INTJ, just like me. Is this how people see us?' Than I took a step father and thought,'I'll cut him some slack, mirror his behavior-as being a douche-I mean business transactor-was probably what we both wanted, and all was well.
    Sometimes I just cut people slack because who knows, they may be having a bad day.
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because handling people with politeness and basic decency is a skill that could bring potentially less drama, less hassle, and greater efficiency to your life. Use your Te-Fi to develop pseudo-Fe for practical reasons.

There are also many ethical reasons why you should do so, of course, and I think Moonstone3 already put it quite well.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like to pick my battles, generally. One person being an arse isn't worth the drama. Especially if they are small change in your life.
    It's the people who have a bigger influence on your life that you worry about, even then if you can, you handle it diplomatically.
    People are more willing to be accomadating out of friendship and respect, then they are out of bitterness, and dislike.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Yeah, picking your battles is important.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Realize that money, power, technology, science all suck ass in the end.

Right, the meaning of life is clearly found in the platitudes of this thread rather than in any kind of genuine understanding and utility.

Lobotomy.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post

Right, the meaning of life is clearly found in the platitudes of this thread rather than in any kind of genuine understanding and utility.
    Don't know why you isolated that comment. The rest was all my opinion too.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

My father's an INTX and he always says "just because you're really smart, it doesn't mean that everyone else is an idiot" and I think it's something a lot of INTJ's need to hear. There's an average IQ out there of 100, if you are well over the mark, congratulations but please take that as what it is. YOU are the who's different, don't fault everyone else because of it.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors