• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] kind, polite INTJs?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I see where you're coming from, but seriously, these people have very few strengths. Not that I'd tell them that, but it's kinda true.

I suppose if I were to give these 'unintelligent' sort of people 'strengths', I would say that they seem to make good company for each other. But that's about it.

I am always hesitating to define intelligence at all, because I have no means to really prove it. If you think about the time, before enlightenment, you would have been very intelligent with the things you learnt at school, which were all church-related and the holy ghost was your boss.

Nowadays you could be considered quite intelligent if you are totally into quantum physics. But then I have to remember the Tolan from Stargate, who told Carter that he is a student of quantum physics too. And she's all ouh nice you are a scientist. And he says no, he's a historian of ancient beliefs were science went wrong :D.

So I cant really tell if a person is not intelligent because he isnt intrested or even unable to learn about current things which would make you appear intelligent.

With one thing, I am 100% on your side too: I sometimes cant understand why people aint intrested in things at all. Like the weather, I love to watch isobars or isenthalpic forecasts fronts to predict the weather. I am totally fascinated to learn about the planet I live on on a daily basis, while some people seem to take every little thing for granted. That's a pity and hanging round with those people is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Weather. Pfft! What does weather mean to me?

Here we can see an example of different interests. I can appear vapid or stupid sometimes because I don't care to keep up with a lot of things, such as weather, which I haven't bothered with since my S&E class. If the weather is on TV, I will think about life, about ideas, about whatever, and I will absorb nothing about the weather. What puzzles me is these occasional S's who think of NOTHING ALL THE TIME. Except maybe when that next party is so I can get drunk off my ass.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Weather. Pfft! What does weather mean to me?

Here we can see an example of different interests. I can appear vapid or stupid sometimes because I don't care to keep up with a lot of things, such as weather, which I haven't bothered with since my S&E class. If the weather is on TV, I will think about life, about ideas, about whatever, and I will absorb nothing about the weather. What puzzles me is these occasional S's who think of NOTHING ALL THE TIME. Except maybe when that next party is so I can get drunk off my ass.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In Germany we call that "Fachidiot" which is a guy who only knows about his field of intrest :D.

Well I dont find it bad in any way

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Another example of me seeming stupid: I was once unaware that 2 people loosely within my extended friendship group had been dating for 2 years, despite seeing them together at one point almost every day.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I see where you're coming from, but seriously, these people have very few strengths. Not that I'd tell them that, but it's kinda true.

I suppose if I were to give these 'unintelligent' sort of people 'strengths', I would say that they seem to make good company for each other. But that's about it.

Intelligence only qualifies as one strength too. It's applicable to a lot of things in life, but then again so is empathy, for example.

You can study Neuro Linguistic Programming your whole life...when there are people out there that intuitively are able to use it, and aren't as intelligent. etc etc

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd like to confront something that is a common misconception.
The thing is, that I think most people are either aware of it or in denial.
People are trying to smooth over differences a lot by saying that different people are good at different things.
Yet, some people are just inherently universally more competent than others.
However, do not confuse this with being worth more.
It just means that some people function better, quite generally.
Why know a lot about just one subject, or just a little about several when you can have much of everything?

I am talking about the Renaissance Man. This is my life goal, to improve myself constantly.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd like to confront something that is a common misconception.
The thing is, that I think most people are either aware of it or in denial.
People are trying to smooth over differences a lot by saying that different people are good at different things.
Yet, some people are just inherently universally more competent than others.
However, do not confuse this with being worth more.
It just means that some people function better, quite generally.
Why know a lot about just one subject, or just a little about several when you can have much of everything?

I am talking about the Renaissance Man. This is my life goal, to improve myself constantly.

Like what? Da Vinci? What the hell do we know about his personal life and if he screwed people over or not? What do we know about his happiness levels?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I tho never understood why it would be important to point out some people are universally better than others.

I like the sly method of being better without the need to take credit for it. It is tho, by all means and always the most unthankful and loneliest one.

Yesterday a collegue from work after we had a little party said to me in the train: You like to be different from others, dont you ?

And I said yes I do, if there was one constant in my life, I've been thriving for, it was this.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
lol, I'm imagining this whole story playing out with you being Bender smoking a cigar! It makes it much more amusing. Reread it with him in your head!

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Really? I mean Ezio was annoying and stuff but it was a fun game I thought. I likes to stab people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
lol, I'm imagining this whole story playing out with you being Bender smoking a cigar! It makes it much more amusing. Reread it with him in your head!

:D

To me it is and that's how it relates to this story. I agree with you saying there are people who are just better at what they do than others. But I still want to belong and do not want to be pointed out as special anywhere I go.

Nevertheless I think that I've to think about my approach to this; cause no matter where I go, I always attract attention in some way thru my abilities or the way I am.

Manchild days and fooling around seem to be over, since they recently hang me higher on the ladder to the top in my job and made me project manager having a team of 10 people beneath me, the foolish days somehow are coming to an end :/ :).

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tho never understood why it would be important to point out some people are universally better than others.

I like the sly method of being better without the need to take credit for it. It is tho, by all means and always the most unthankful and loneliest one.

Yesterday a collegue from work after we had a little party said to me in the train: You like to be different from others, dont you ?

And I said yes I do, if there was one constant in my life, I've been thriving for, it was this.

That goal of that remark was to make yourself a little better than those who point out that they are better than others, though, wasn't it? ;)
Everyone is in a hierarchy. It's part of human nature.
Trying to deny that some actually do know, invent, lead, create and think better than others is only in benefit to ignorants.
The only thing that has saved earth from complete stupification is that some individuals are, through word and deed, grudgingly accepted as most peoples' betters.
Pretending to be stupid or not showing superior intelligence to the world only makes you afraid of conflicts, my dear footballer robot :D